• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore |OT| Rock Your Core for a Prime Bot

Recreat3

Does anyone else think the double jump animation is a lot better than some of the previews showed. Maybe i only saw early footage.

This game is also giving me destiny vibes and obvious metroid prime vibes.

4jjiyoon

so is it worth picking up on xbox one? i've heard the load times are long but does that ruin the experience or is it manageable?

MechDX

The Collectors Edition comes with a decoder.

81dsInLNHRL._SL1500_.jpg

"Be sure to drink your ovaltine"

Son of a bitch!

Nesses

The game is a lot of fun on the PC. Looking forward to see if my save carries over from my PC to xbox one later tonight.

so is it worth picking up on xbox one? i've heard the load times are long but does that ruin the experience or is it manageable?

I think it just depends on if you die a lot. The loads times to zone in are long, but once you're in its fine. However, if you find yourself dining a lot, then yes it will probably get annoying. However, the game doesn't see to be that difficult at this point.

Really enjoying this game so far, currently in the first dungeon after the tutorial. It helds your hand a bit too much so far, but maybe that's because I'm just getting started.

Loading times are somewhat a drag when I travel from different places, but other than that it is exactly what I was hoping for and I'm happy with the game.

Recreat3

Biggest complaint so far is this game desperately needs a mini map or a "waypoint setter". Atleast if it is trying to encourage you to explore past the main storyline.

EBE

Just got past the first little intro boss. Feels and looks nice, load times aren't really an issue, and frame rate is mostly solid. Look forward to playing more when I have time. Looks promising

Zedox

Biggest complaint so far is this game desperately needs a mini map or a "waypoint setter". Atleast if it is trying to encourage you to explore past the main storyline.

They purposefully left out a minimap I recall from the 1hr stream with Staten.

Sydle

Activated the first pylon and still having a lot of fun with it. The amount of platforming is a welcome surprise.

I do agree a way to set waypoints would have been welcome.

So far loading times for me are a non issue. Like the longest is in the low 20s.

I have it installed on a external drive. Either that or the day one patch got rid of the 2min loading times.

Zedox

So far loading times for me are a non issue. Like the longest is in the low 20s.

I have it installed on a external drive. Either that or the day one patch got rid of the 2min loading times.

I think the external helps because mine is around that timeframe as well. Also, I haven't died yet...it doesn't seem that it will happen often (there's so much space you can just run away...besides when you are isolated in them shields). Game is fun to me. Reviews gave it a bad rap in my opinion.

Does anyone else think the double jump animation is a lot better than some of the previews showed. Maybe i only saw early footage.

This game is also giving me destiny vibes and obvious metroid prime vibes.
I think it's the same, perhaps it feels better because you are playing it?

I think the external helps because mine is around that timeframe as well. Also, I haven't died yet...it doesn't seem that it will happen often (there's so much space you can just run away...besides when you are isolated in them shields). Game is fun to me. Reviews gave it a bad rap in my opinion.
I died once, someone called me and I was in the middle of a battle trying to control with only one hand. Needless to say it didn't turned out so well.

But, even so. The loading was fairly quick.

Zedox

I died once, someone called me and I was in the middle of a battle trying to control with only one hand. Needless to say it didn't turned out so well.

One hand? LMFAOOOOOOOO. How dare you insult Recore.

Colbert

Banned
So far so good. Just finished the first mission. i like the character model of Joule very much I have to say!

w0s

Does anyone know a way to use GCU to get 20% off but not have an XBO to load it up on initialy to get the PC version?

Tecnniqe

Banned
This game is so good with KB/M

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/recore9_13_20166_05_033sip.png[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/recore9_13_20166_08_0qxs23.png[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/recore9_13_20166_16_444st0.png[/IMG]

charpunk

Does anyone know a way to use GCU to get 20% off but not have an XBO to load it up on initialy to get the PC version?

Pretty sure Xbox Play Anywhere only works if you buy it on either the windows store or xbox store digitally.

Wuiji

Finished the first dungeon (Pylon), still got a few more things in there to collect so I may go back and finish all that off. Really enjoying this, especially all the customisation you have for your companion(s).

Zedox

Someone who is playing the PC version (my pc can't handle it...), can you verify offline play, trying to help someone on reddit. Thought I'm pretty sure it will work (knowing how the system works),I just want to verify.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Finished the first dungeon (Pylon), still got a few more things in there to collect so I may go back and finish all that off. Really enjoying this, especially all the customisation you have for your companion(s).
Yeah I'm really enjoying it so far. Kinda giving me a more futuristic Tomb Raider feeling.
Someone who is playing the PC version (my pc can't handle it...), can you verify offline play, trying to help someone on reddit. Thought I'm pretty sure it will work (knowing how the system works),I just want to verify.

It seems you need to sync your account with Xbox Live the first time you start it, if thats the issue.

One hand? LMFAOOOOOOOO. How dare you insult Recore.

I didn't mean on purpose XD I forgot to pause the game when I picked the phone up and then my brain wouldn't function properly with the call for me to think of pausing when I was at the phone.

This game is so good with KB/M

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/recore9_13_20166_05_033sip.png[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/recore9_13_20166_08_0qxs23.png[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]https://abload.de/img/recore9_13_20166_16_444st0.png[/IMG]

The Pc version is quite a looker. The xbone isn't ugly, but resolution and/or aliasing is really bad.

Sydle

Cavern Rush was fun bit of platforming! Didn't fall once, but I didn't beat the timer or get all the switches. Will try again later.

Zedox

Cavern Rush was fun bit of platforming! Didn't fall once, but I didn't beat the timer or get all the switches. Will try again later.

Cavern Rush pissed me off this morning. I fell at the very end (the easiest part)...and I had 5 seconds left. SO PISSED. And I missed one red switch. I'll have to go back and do the damn thing. That was on my first try too.

Protip: Dash off ledge, you can double jump and dash again if you do so. Also, the arrows on the platforms try to tell you to dash off of it to make it easier. I've watched streams where people did not notice that.

Zedox

I thought this game supported HDR. Not working on my set... and that's the main reason I bought it.

No. I think either Forza is the first or Gears is the first. I know Forza will have it but I don't know about at launch. This game doesn't have HDR.

Osahi

Loading really depends. I had 2 minuten loads after dying, but also near instant respawns of a couple if seconds.

Enjoying myself so far, though the cracks start to show in places. Love the characters and world though

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Been listening to the official soundtrack on Groove Music at work. This shit is the bomb. Chad Seiter composed some really good stuff.

Momentary

Banned
The game looks so good and runs so smooth. I'm getting about 100 fps average at 4K DSR. The high frame rate really makes the animationlook so much better. The game was locked to 720p and 30fps when I started it up. The animations look janky at 30fps.

Permanent Scowl

Neo Member
There are parts on the PC version where the framerate drops a bit, but I'm typically getting 60FPS at least on my gaming rig. Steam machine though, 30FPS, naturally. On medium. Loading times on a halfway decent SSD are <20 seconds between areas. On a mechanical drive, a bit longer.

Listening to the Giant bombcast live right now. Sounds like my kind of game. Going to wait for a couple patches before I jump in. They sounded like they really want to like it despite all the issues.

Top Bottom