• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore PC Version Mentioned by Armature Studio Employee's Portfolio

blue610.jpg

NeoGAF user Shiggy spotted a mention of a PC version of ReCore on a developer's online portfolio.

RECORE
Developer: Armature Studio
Platform(s): Xbox One, PC

ReCore is an upcoming 3rd-person action adventure game being developed in partnership with Keiji Inafune, exclusive for Xbox One and Windows 10. In ReCore, you play one of the last surviving humans and team up with a variety of robot companions to travel through a hostile and mysterious world. Having just been announced, I am not at liberty to post any more details about the game just yet, but Microsoft has big plans for the game and the IP over the coming year.

http://bobbypavlock.com/index.html

He also points it out as on PC under "Experience" as well.

Shiggy also pointed out a LinkedIn profile for another Armature Studios employee who mentioned the following. Not specifically for ReCore but, like Shiggy points out, unless Armature is working on another MS exclusive title it fits the bill. Is this the first mention of ReCore possibly running on Unity?

* Trained engineers, artists, and designers in the use of the Unity 3D engine for the content pipeline of a video game for the XBox One and PC.

(I doubt they have more than one Microsoft-exclusive title in the works)
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/thomas-keene/17/887/8b2

Wouldn't be surprised in the least to see ReCore come over to Windows 10 as well as XB1.

Kudo Tsunoda said:

Begaria

It wouldn't surprise me. ReCore was specifically mentioned as a Xbox One exclusive during its reveal, so we'll see.

It wouldn't surprise me. ReCore was specifically mentioned as a Xbox One exclusive during its reveal, so we'll see.

That's been the case with a few titles hasn't it? MS isn't entirely clear on the whole messaging game.

Sea of Thieves IIRC also was revealed as "Exclusively on Xbox" but it's a PC/X1 title. I don't think that means much anymore.

As I said in the other thread, the links are pretty clear in what they say although if it was a day 1 release you'd think they would have announced it 2 months ago at E3?

Phil said that Crackdown/QB/SB aren't launching on PC because they were already well in the works on XB1 and ReCore was 14 months in development at E3.

Nice for PC owners if true, though

That's been the case with a few titles hasn't it? MS isn't entirely clear on the whole messaging game.

Sea of Thieves IIRC also was revealed as "Exclusively on Xbox" but it's a PC/X1 title. I don't think that means much anymore.

It was announced as "Xbox exclusive. Xbox One and Windows 10". ReCore was announced as "Xbox One exclusive".

DieH@rd

Banned
For me it is too early to get excited, no matter on what platform it will end up. I know nothing about this game, and CGI trailer is not cutting it for me.

Kezen

Banned
Would be very smart on MS's part, they really need to bolster that list of exclusives to the W10 Store if they intend to turn PC gaming into a healthy stream of revenue for them.

I have no interest whatsoever in Recore though, so I won't buy it.

AmuroChan

As was Tomb Raider lol.

Helznicht

Wonder if it'll be Cross Buy with Windows 10.

This. I have an Xbone and a Gaming PC. I have pretty much written off buying anything from Microsoft moving forward until they make good on their Cross-Buy/Cross-Play plans. How do I know whats going to be available tomorrow, they haven't released any info. I wanted to buy Ori off Steam during the summer sale, but honestly I would rather buy it full price with Cross-Buy on PC and Xbox. So I sit and wait for them to make some kind of announcements/plans/commitments. ReCore will likely be the same.

F4r0_Atak

You can't get this game on Steam and play in OS other than Windows 10. MS trying to make Windows 10 as another gaming platform and combining their store between Windows 10 and Xbox for their exclusives.

Does that mean with Street Fighter V... it's gonna be available only on Steam? Therefore, not "compatible" with the PC-to-Xbox One stream... just wondering. :p

this is just an "oops we aren't talking about that" kind of slip right?

I expect the PC confirmation to be offered only at the end of a 1 million dollar kickstarter campaign about starting the recore multimedia franchise

Nzyme32

Great! Although, my only interest for the game so far are the words "from the makers of mertroid prime". They'd have to show the actual game for me to really get interested in it

Top Bottom