• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recore Preview Thread (Mega Man meets Con Man meets Metroid Prime)

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
No problem, I'm glad to write it up. As somebody who has been gaming for 20 years this game just hit me like I never thought it would at all. As for Joe Staten, he wrote to me on Twitter and responded to a random line I said halfway through one of the videos, and said he's looking forward to hearing my thoughts on it.

I'm playing on a standard Xbox one, normal hdd.

Ok. I'll be playing off an external so hopefully the load times aren't toooooo bad. But I survived Quantum Break so it shouldn't be an issue.

Lets go for the 76, potential for a great game hampered by not being polished enough and medium to minor design problems.

Picking it up after a couple of days to let the devs patch it out a bit, but after buying Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive i think im just going to support Microsoft's risky experiments.

Already preloaded and if I end up loving it, will pick up my preordered physical version to support them. Everything I've read and seen screams "my kind of game"

Grisby

I don't so the score guessing deal, but I bet the game will probably get hit the most on the technical (framerate,etc) side of things.

Karak

Review done and posted for embargo time. Interesting title.
Man, I feel cheeky asking this because it probably might push the review embargo to its limits but:

Which hand represents your view of the game?
thumbs_up-48.png

hands-so-so-icon.png

hand_contra.png

Dont answer if you cant, I wont take offense
LOL I wish I could because that has to be the best way I have seen to get around one in awhile lol.

I can see Xbox's Zelda thrown a lot whether the game reviews well or not.

It's more Metroid Prime with a splash of Mario 3D games in terms of progression. The Disco looking Cores you collect grant you access to dungeons just like the stars grant access to more levels in Mario.

But yeah, potatoes gonna potate

Wagram

When is the embargo up?

Expecting mid to low 70s on Metacritic, but I think it'll be pretty fun outside of quirks.

This game has gone from off my radar to "I think I'm gonna pre order" looking forward to reviews.

I need a game to play before Mafia 3 drops and this looks like a solid choice, it was gonna be the Bioshock Collection but honestly apart from 1 I can happily leave the other two.

5am pst tomorrow

When you said tomorrow I was like WTF...then I realized you are on the West coast.

This game has gone from off my radar to "I think I'm gonna pre order" looking forward to reviews.

I need a game to play before Mafia 3 drops and this looks like a solid choice, it was gonna be the Bioshock Collection but honestly apart from 1 I can happily leave the other two.

Reviews drop in about 7 hours and you just decide to pre-order?

I think his point is that you should have waited a few more hours and read the reviews before preordering.

Look...

I don't understand how this is so confusing.

Unity2012

Preordered and preloaded. Ive seen enough videos and impressions to support the developers. I dont mind the loading times as long as they lead me to good portions of the game alla witcher 3. Looking forward to play it.

RedSwirl

This game is really special, it feels as if you took a lot of modern conventions in games today. I.E, open world, crafting, leveling, loot, holding buttons down to select stuff in your inventory, and tossed it into a time machine and brought it into 2004. A time before dlc, pre-order bonus's, over saturated trailer releases and season passes. A time when developers would give players 1 + 1 and trust the player to add it up to 2 on their own.

This is one of the greatest graphs of game criticism I've ever read. Action game developers should read it for a glimpse of what game design should be like.

Megatron

Came in hoping reviews had leaked early. Will check tomorrow.

Recore |OT| Retro to the core

Or just: Recore |OT| Retrocore

Peterpan

Let's see what the reviews say about this game. I like what I have seen and I am going to buy this in hope for a super polished sequel, love the concept, minute to minute gameplay. The music is on point as well. Story has a lot of potential too with Joe Statan on board. Looks very old school, reminds me of Jak 3 which was one of my all time favs.

PaulloDEC

Great to see such nice early reactions, I've been really looking forward to this one.

Any word on PC release re: Steam? Are we expecting Win 10 Store exclusivity?

Came in hoping reviews had leaked early. Will check tomorrow.

Recore |OT| Retro to the core

Or just: Recore |OT| Retrocore

These are both great, though I'm also a big fan of:

Recore |OT| Joule of the Desert

(Apologies to the clever person who suggested it, your name escapes me).

I constantly forget he's involved.

Honestly, the way Inafune apologized in person for the state of MN9 before the game launched really earned him some respect from me.

Not enough to go ahead and preorder but definitely enough to give recore a shot if reviews are good.

SlickVic

Not sure what to expect from the reviews but I look forward to reading them. I certainly do find the game's premise promising.

madmackem

Shit got my account loaded up for this game, hmmmm so many games due out in the coming weeks starting to change my mind on jumping on this day one now.

Reviews in 3.5 hours yea?

Thinking it'll be mostly a solid game with very obvious flaws that gets brought down by technical aspects.

71 meta.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
ReCore |OT| Make a sammich while you wait
ReCore |OT| Unityyyyyyyy
ReCore |OT| Mack and Me
ReCore |OT| Return of the Mack
ReCore |OT| The Legend of Mega Prime

Top Bottom