• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recore Preview Thread (Mega Man meets Con Man meets Metroid Prime)

blakep267

That's good enough for a rent, which I was probably going to do anyway. Now to either wait for a ganefly member ship sale or go to redbox

Sunset overdrive and Ori are great exclusives and underrated

Gears 4 will be as big of a flop as Quantum Break, i guarantee it
Don't engage with trolls

Poor Xbox, yet to find a truly great exclusive this gen besides Halo + Forza.

Gears 4, you're our only hope!

Well they don't have many studios

343 and Turn 10 are basically same IP factories with big budgets

I'm tired of it personally but from my own experience with other Xbox fans I'm in the minority it seems

Theorry

Reviews mixed but still enough positives for me to take the risk.

Yeah me to. Didnt expected also only 8 and 9 scores tho. Said before its was gonna be arround 7/7.5. Story, character and gameplay seems to come back and positive. Shame about the buggy stuff. But for 40 bucks i think i will be oke.

derFeef

Sunset Overdrive I would argue is better than great it is pretty fucking amazing, unfortunately it seems it does not get the recognition it deserves.

Sadly not :(
I would love a sequel. Or PC release of the first game (which Insomniac knows we want and would love to make).

Karak

Nice and divisive. I kind of like seeing games that aren't just universally praised or panned honestly.

One of my favourites from last gen was Lost Planet 2, and that game certainly received a mixed reception.

Mine as well. And this doesn't hold up compared to that in the same way.
The story here is pretty poorly done for the most part, the gameplay never gets to the moment of coolness like it did in Lost Planet 2(despite that games issues), and the core gameplay mechanic here runs aground of feeling repeated far more quickly.

Coxy100

Banned
I went for 81 on metacratic....currently sitting on 61 at the time of writing. Ouch

Will pick up when even cheaper I guess. So sad, really wanted this game to be great.

Chrisdk

I just bought it. Read some reviews and seemed fine enough to me for $40. Sounds like an oldschool game i would like. Excited for tomorrow!

Browsing through a bunch of the reviews still keeps me on the fence. It's a cheapish game and I'm this close to buying it, but the whole loading time debacle really put a dent on my expectations.

As the reviews are so divided buying this game is a leap in the dark.

Poor Xbox, yet to find a truly great exclusive this gen besides Halo + Forza.

Gears 4, you're our only hope!

Yeah. Except Ori new Microsoft IPs have been really bad this gen. I hope that's not the quality we can expect from new Microsoft IPs in the future.

Ah go on then I will

Just throw it up already lol.

I was about to make one with this fancy image if no one else stepped up

Ku9Q4Ca.jpg

Zukkoyaki

It sounds like they should have delayed it to iron out the technical issues

They can't. Games released outside of September-December aren't real games.

Edit: I can't think of many times where reviews were this mixed, goodness. Ranging from like 3/10-8/10.

I went for 81 on metacratic....currently sitting on 61 at the time of writing. Ouch

Will pick up when even cheaper I guess. So sad, really wanted this game to be great.

Me too, I thought it could be of been something much needed in Xbox library but the more I had seen the more my gut feeling was it wouldn't be very well received by critics

sam777

Me too, I thought it could be of been something much needed in Xbox library but the more I had seen the more my gut feeling was it wouldn't be very well received by critics

It will be by the time you buy it as I believe in the next few weeks the techinal issues will be patched out and this is what is dragging the scores down. The core gameplay seems to be pretty good.

EmiPrime

Did they learn nothing from Batman Arkham Knight?

Fuck that. Think I'm gonna end up passing on this game sadly.

It's really too bad. If they had been comfortable putting out a 8-10 hour game and ironed out the technical difficulties instead of gating content and the real ending behind collectables this could have been a winner. I love Metroid Prime (see username), this game was made for me... alas.

hollomat

Banned
Sunset Overdrive I would argue is better than great it is pretty fucking amazing, unfortunately it seems it does not get the recognition it deserves.

Sunset overdrive is my game of the generation so far. It's much more than passable as that other user said.

memoso

Yeah. Except Ori new Microsoft IPs have been really bad this gen. I hope that's not the quality we can expect from new Microsoft IPs in the future.
You forgot sunset overdrive :B, best new exclusive ip of the gen ( with bloodborne and ori).

Talking of recore, is a shame MS didnt push more the game( budget,delay etc), reading the reviews most of the problems are technical issues and we know unity runs like shit in consoles xD.

Still buying, but no day one.

So can anyone preload this game on W10 yet? I bought the digital version on XB1 and started the preload, but can't seem to find it anyone on the Xbox app on W10 or in the Windows Store app.

dLMN8R

So can anyone preload this game on W10 yet? I bought the digital version on XB1 and started the preload, but can't seem to find it anyone on the Xbox app on W10 or in the Windows Store app.

ReCore has been up for preload on Windows since last Thursday I believe. But you need the anniversary update to get it.

If you have it, just go to the store and search for ReCore. If you have it preordered on Xbox already, then you'll see an install button on Windows.

ReCore has been up for preload on Windows since last Thursday I believe. But you need the anniversary update to get it.

If you have it, just go to the store and search for ReCore. If you have it preordered on Xbox already, then you'll see an install button on Windows.
Thanks. Yeah I needed the anniversary update, didn't realize I needed to manually chose to install that.

Top Bottom