• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore uses "sandwich time" tech once you die (edit: or not?)

wvnative

Was going to report on the Sonic 06-tier loading times & various bugs/issues on 3wirel but they seem to be limited to one player. The rest of impressions and footage you guys posted indicate that the game runs/plays fine, just that one user got a bad install or his hard drive is busted/corrupted.

Glad to see the game not be a broken mess (like Sonic 06) or have serious performance issues (like Mighty No. 9 Wii U).

Why do people keep bringing up Sonic 06? While it seems it takes forever to load, its only 15-20 seconds.

This game seems to be 40-45 seconds long, and I once timed the witcher and 1 minute 45 seconds after a death.

Sonic 06 is the worst game ever, but load times are frankly the least of it's issues.

Why do people keep bringing up Sonic 06? While it seems it takes forever to load, its only 15-20 seconds.

This game seems to be 40-45 seconds long, and I once timed the witcher and 1 minute 45 seconds after a death.

Sonic 06 is the worst game ever, but load times are frankly the least of it's issues.

Sonic 06 gets picked on, because it sticks those load times back to back a lot in certain side quests like the infamous box counting one.

Every section after 'The Crib' took long time to load. It's not a 2m loading every time, but it is Always a long loading. (I'm using a "fat Xbox one“)

Durante

Will be curious to see how it behaves on PC.

(I guess I'll be able to see for myself if it does a Quantum Break and gets a non-UWP release eventually)

Momentary

Banned

(I guess I'll be able to see for myself if it does a Quantum Break and gets a non-UWP release eventually)

I remember hearing console players complaining about long load times in Witcher 3 being over a minute when they died. But on an SSD on PC you literally could not read the text on the loading screen.

Hopefully it's the same deal here. Hope there's a fix for console players.

Theorry

From the livestream last week it looked pretty oke. Atleast they even dared to show it before release. Wich hopefully means something positive.

Toxi

Banned

With Sonic 06, the problem isn't the length of the loading screens so much as the number of them; for example, a conversation with an NPC often requires its own loading screen. In the infamous 20 hour Pokecapn Let's Play, the sum of all the loading times was over two hours. More than 10% of that playthrough was spent in loading screens.

RK128

I beat Sonic 06 twice, so I know what I'm talking about with that games loading times. Most zones have a total of 2-3 loading times lasing up to 20-30 seconds. Meaning, you are sitting and waiting for a high-speed level to continue for up to 1+ minute if you get over 2 loading screens.

This doesn't even get to the side missions if you bother doing them. I enjoyed parts of the game but the loading times are really damn bad in 06 and are one of the games many core issues.

Zedox

He wasn't suggesting most people would go PC, but that PC would be a better option technically (which it will be, because fucking duh). You don't have to defend Xbox's honor at every step.

I don't defend their "honor" (I don't care). Keep reaching.

Yea, I'd honestly be surprised if the reviews aren't poor. You need a special kind of excellence for reviewers to ignore so many technical flaws and this game seems to be riddled with them.

Inafune!!!

Theorry

Yea, I'd honestly be surprised if the reviews aren't poor. You need a special kind of excellence for reviewers to ignore so many technical flaws and this game seems to be riddled with them.

Inafune!!!

From the most impressions we got here. The glitchy part never comes up tho. Only longer loadtimes.

From the most impressions we got here. The glitchy part never comes up tho. Only longer loadtimes.

Impressions may not paint that picture but some of the videos sure do.

Combine that with load times and many animations, there's a lot to get through before you get to analyzing the game itself.

And this isn't how I review or anything, just what I feel will happen with reviews.

J@hranimo

Banned

Inafune!!!

Inafune didn't have a hand in directing this game though.

Theorry

Impressions may not paint that picture but some of the videos sure do.

Combine that with load times and many animations, there's a lot to get through before you get to analyzing the game itself.

And this isn't how I review or anything, just what I feel will happen with reviews.

Arent the vids from one and the same user?
I am also abit skeptic when i see those kinda vids from a eastern country. I always doubt how they got the game. :p

martino

we'll see youtube Biogamers and ReaperGameplayHD playtrhougth have no glitch so far
possible reviewer will have a glitch free experience.
they are no sciences for this

Nydius

Sigh. Quite disappointed. Cringe worthy load times, really poor textures, clunky animations, static environmental models (it's 2016, footprints in sand should be pretty damn standard by now)...

Ok, I can pull the "graphics aren't everything" card but the gameplay so far hasn't even really seemed all that immersive or interesting either. The RPG elements are pretty barebones, the shooting seems pretty bland even with the color/element matching design, the companions seem TOO powerful as they're able to take and hold aggro AND kill a lot of things on their own, and it all just seems so similar to a dozen other games I've played over the years.

I'd say I'd pick it up on a Steam sale but damn it Microsoft.

GHG

Gold Member
Apparently people who pay a lower $ amount for their games are given a proportionately inferior version that's addled with bugs and doesn't install properly to the HDD. Tier 2 perk.

Ah I see. "Why would you live there?" as they say ;) .

Lutherian

I'm still starving for a true Jet Force Gemini / Ratchet & Clank successor, I love this kind of games and I'm wondering if ReCore could please me, even if I really don't like this brown / industrial environnement I saw here and there in the trailers.

I hope there's more than what I saw.

On our review build/code, the loading after death is in fact, very long, significantly longer than map loading, running on stock internal HDD, if that makes any difference.

Lime

The game has looked extremely flawed and buggy the last 3 months and it doesn't look better than an Early Access game in terms of polish.

I don't know why the game warrants this much attention and focus besides being a Microsoft exclusive. If it hadn't been, it would probably just be a forgettable indie title, judging from the way it looks and performs.

martino

The game has looked extremely flawed and buggy the last 3 months and it doesn't look better than an Early Access game in terms of polish.

I don't know why the game warrants this much attention and focus besides being a Microsoft exclusive. If it hadn't been, it would probably just be a forgettable indie title, judging from the way it looks and performs.

because they like what they see of the actual game. maybe more important than presentation and polish for them...
and even if a game have bad review because of polish and presentation if it is a good game it's a good game (not saying this game will be) like a boring poslished good looking one is boring.
there are lot of reasons to like things.

They should replace the loading screen with an animation of a valkyrie slowly descending down on the player, picking up the dead body, then slowly ascending back up to Valhalla.

They should replace the loading screen with an animation of a valkyrie slowly descending down on the player, picking up the dead body, then slowly ascending back up to Valhalla.

I worked so well last time! :D
Damn, i want to replay that game now and the thread of Dyack that was spawned was awesome. There were four lights.

Mupod

the worst 'after death' load screens I've ever seen were Splatterhouse 2010. Granted it was a cool load screen, and the game was really easy, but it had some buggy fucked up parts where you'd fall through the floor or whatever so it was unavoidable once in a while. Let me tell you, you fight for your life when you know you've got a 2-4 minute load screen waiting for you if you die.

Nessus

So strange given that Metroid Prime masked its loading times so effectively.

I'd rather wait at a door for a few seconds while retaining full control of my character than be taken to a loading screen every time I enter a new area.

Top Bottom