• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore uses "sandwich time" tech once you die (edit: or not?)

Aenima

I'll also do some tests from another sample vid , keep in mind the user in the OP is saying he's getting 2 minute loading times on every loading screen

Loading screen 1: 42 seconds
Loading screen 2: 40 seconds
Loading screen 3: 46 seconds

I also dont see any 2 minute loading times in this video or this video or this video or this video which all have similar loading times

Nearly all evidence points towards ~40 second loading screens, not 2 minutes.

This isnt exactly speedy, but its a far cry from what this user is apparently having
Go check the tweeter guy again, he has another video of the game changing zones loading and its around 1 minute loadings, (same time it took in a video i saw in the links u posted) the respawn is the one that goes for 2 minutes long.

I'll also do some tests from another sample vid , keep in mind the user in the OP is saying he's getting 2 minute loading times on every loading screen

I also dont see any 2 minute loading times in this video or this video or this video or this video which all have similar loading times

This isnt exactly speedy, but its a far cry from what this user is apparently having

Okay but that guy is using a hybrid and not stock

The real Dark Souls starts here.
I was one of those pathetic idiots who said they didn't mind the Bloodborne load screens because it let me cool down. Though I stand by that for my own personal experience, I never intended it to be an actual excuse for any of it. Will not deny that it was still dumb as hell to say and I was a moron for ever commenting about it in the first place.

At last, an even more pathetic example has arisen! Aah, weight off my shoulders. Feels good. Apologists with even less self respect than I! At least the 2 minutes seems limited to dungeons.

Head.spawn

This should be in the OP.

Admodieus

Interested to see how the PC version fares on an SSD, but people seriously preordered this game? There really is no hope for some of you

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
So, dying and reloading is only 40 seconds and not 2 minutes?

Whelp fuck that

Copper

I remember when Bloodborne had load times of 45 sec and people thought that was bad.

I actually kinda liked it because it gave me incentive to not die.

Dad

Most of my loads have been in the 30-40 second range. I have had loads around two minutes, but that's usually when booting the game up. It's still slow and frequent enough to be annoying. This is postpatch

Noobcraft

Interested to see how the PC version fares on an SSD, but people seriously preordered this game? There really is no hope for some of you
I preordered a physical copy a few days ago because there's a $15 xbox rewards credit for preordering a physical copy. $25 is a solid price for a AA game no?

Admodieus

I preordered a physical copy a few days ago because there's a $15 xbox rewards credit for preordering a physical copy. $25 is a solid price for a AA game no?

It'll be $25 by the end of the year if these load times are as long as reported and it gets trashed by reviewers. Really don't get why people feel the need to fork over any amount of money for an unknown like this.

And that's not to say that buying the physical copy of any Live Anywhere game is a bad value proposition.

Ok, so now we have established that the OP is an outlier, how is the game? this will be the first Xbox I've bought since quantum break and rather not get burnt again. That game was so shit I nearly sold my Xbox because of it.

Ok, so now we have established that the OP is an outlier, how is the game? this will be the first Xbox I've bought since quantum break and rather not get burnt again. That game was so shit I nearly sold my Xbox because of it.
There's an impressions thread with lots of info and videos. Don't have a link atm though

Noobcraft

It'll be $25 by the end of the year if these load times are as long as reported and it gets trashed by reviewers. Really don't get why people feel the need to fork over any amount of money for an unknown like this.

And that's not to say that buying the physical copy of any Live Anywhere game is a bad value proposition.
The idea is that if I don't like it, I can trade it in and be close to breaking even. But with the gameplay I have seen, I think I'll like it.

My Commodore tape drive would like a word with you.

My grandma has a TI99/4A in her house that I recall has some tape based games. Blows my mind lol.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
30-40 seconds of load time is still pretty shitty tbh. But sure as hell beats 2 fucking minutes lol.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Unfortunately that's the new norm now so it's not that simple

Well, that's like rating exams relatively: Just because all students perform badly it doesn't make a bad performance a satisfactory one. Besides, there are still a lot of games that are in good condition at launch without online required. Granted, a good percentage of them is on Nintendo systems, but it is still true.

I wonder how this game is going to review. I'm guessing 7.5 to an 8. But there is an making thought in my head that it is either a train wreck or a hidden gem masterpiece.

Dad

I wonder how this game is going to review. I'm guessing 7.5 to an 8. But there is an making thought in my head that it is either a train wreck or a hidden gem masterpiece.
I'd guess probably around 6-8 range from what I've played so far. It's got some genuinely fun mechanics, but it's a little rough around the edges. It definitely feels like a AA smaller budget game, which may or may not be a turnoff to some

bounchfx

almost as bad as morrowind on xbox, god damn (which was like 8-10 minutes... it was poop then rub one out then make a sandwich then take a nap time)

jmaine_ph

Here are some more loading time examples from the same guy with descriptions on what the situation is.

All on standard 2TB Xbox One S

Edit: He also mentioned that not all of his load time videos were two minutes (which he never said) and that the OG video was his death load time. New area load times seems to be shorter than death load times. Both still long.

Top Bottom