• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore uses "sandwich time" tech once you die (edit: or not?)

Menitta

936.gif

No doubt that'll get patched.

My sandwiches are high class and cant be made in 2 minutes :(

Awful load times though. I know it has the day 1 patch, but I hope it gets another

Alebrije

Think is beyond sandwich...

If Darks Souls had those loading times after you die, would be the longest game in story to finish

xviper

i would really feel bad if the game flops, haven't bought anything on xbox one since Halo 5 and i want to revive the console with a new game( aside from FH3)

LQX

I can tolerate terrible graphics more than I can long load times. That game would be on Ebay within hours.

I don't think I've ever seen a 2+ minute loading screen.

BF1942 and Dota Allstars did. Partially due to my low ram I think. As far as consoles PS1 had to have some. I didn't have one but whenever we played ps1 at a friends it felt like ages sometimes. I guess I was spoiled for loading times as an n64 kid.

Ya I am reviewing it and not allowed to say much. I guess I will say my experience drastically differs

From what I've seen in streams, it's usually 30ish seconds. But the fact that it was 2 minutes once is still unacceptable. Hopefully this vid gains traction

Sonic '06 is that you?!

That's some extreme load times, hope this gets looked into. It's long loading like this which makes me wonder if the console is really doing anything at all or just stuck in an animation waiting for the all clear to finish.

I actually read the title thinking it was a proper feature....

OP got me.
BF1942 and Dota Allstars did. Partially due to my low ram I think. As far as consoles PS1 had to have some. I didn't have one but whenever we played ps1 at a friends it felt like ages sometimes. I guess I was spoiled for loading times as an n64 kid.
I don't remember many PS1 games with 2 min load times.... Maybe up to 30 or 40 seconds occasionally, but never 2 minutes.

At least its not worse than BB

35 seconds versus 2 min....?

Karak

From what I've seen in streams, it's usually 30ish seconds. But the fact that it was 2 minutes once is still unacceptable. Hopefully this vid gains traction

ya how is everyone breaking embargo though lol. Maybe I read the paperwork wrong hahaha

farisr

For a second there, not getting the joke, I was trying to come up with what exactly sandwich time loading tech was implying.

I was like, maybe due to this not being that demanding of a game, I guess there's the pieces of bread and most of the contents of a sandwich that remain loaded at all times (split into one half being the stuff that you just went through, and stuff that is coming up), and it basically just has to load the meat or something (enemy placement, last checkpoint, environment progressions checkpoints) everytime you die and put all the parts together immediately, making for fast loading. And somehow this was unprecedented for a game like this or something. LOL.

Of course, a few seconds after thinking this, I realized what sandwich time really meant.

Anyways, Xbox One has faster loading times for games installed on an external USB 3.0 drive right? Does that work with USB 3.0 sticks as well. Cause if so, I may seriously consider using one just for this game.

Top Bottom