• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore uses "sandwich time" tech once you die (edit: or not?)

Karak

Anyways, Xbox One has faster loading times for games installed on an external USB right? Does that work with USB sticks as well. Cause if so, I may seriously using one just for this game.

Might explain mine being different

There are some people who legit bought the game already tho. There is member in the preview thread. :)

Thanks! For some reason thought it was a digital only

Noobcraft

For a second there, not getting the joke, I was trying to come up with what exactly sandwich time loading tech was implying.

I was like, maybe due to this not being that demanding of a game, I guess there's the pieces of bread and most of the contents of a sandwich that remain loaded at all times (split into one half being the stuff that you just went through, and stuff that is coming up), and it basically just has to load the meat or something (enemy placement, last checkpoint, environment progressions checkpoints) everytime you die and put all the parts together immediately, making for fast loading. And somehow this was unprecedented for a game like this or something. LOL.

Of course, a few seconds after thinking this, I realized what sandwich time really meant.

Anyways, Xbox One has faster loading times for games installed on an external USB 3.0 drive right? Does that work with USB 3.0 sticks as well. Cause if so, I may seriously using one just for this game.
Much faster loading times for some titles. The initial loading screen in FH2 is like 1 min 40 seconds on the stock hard drive, and like 30 seconds on my SSD.

Phloxy

The loads are pretty long on the standard Xbox HDD, however, it's literally the only complaint I have about the game so far.

Karak

Ok just tested.
29 seconds
33 seconds
32 seconds

So far which matches all my previous playtime in the past.

Using a external 7200rpm hyrbid and will test on the internal and another external later.

Noobcraft

That first post of yours sure sounded like you didn't like this thread.
If the thread is misrepresentating the game by showing a statistical outlier I can see why people would be upset. If loading screens like these are normal, then it's a legitimate issue with the game. Something we won't know until more people get to spend time with the game.

I highly doubt I'll see similar loading times on my XB1 because I'll have the game installed on my external SSD. Karak is reporting much shorter loads on his 7200 RPM external drive.

Quoting for visibility:
Ok just tested.
29 seconds
33 seconds
32 seconds
So far which matches all my previous playtime in the past.

Using a external 7200rpm hyrbid and will test on the internal and another external later.

HardRojo

I don't understand why people can't see the point you were trying to make.

Because, to be frank, people expect a game to perform fairly well or have minor issues, so it isn't all that noteworthy when it happens, unless it's something really impressive which usually gets a thread, as has happened countless times before. In this case the negative is really uncommon (2 minute loading times, Bloodborne caught a lot of flak for its initial loading times too) so it's no surprise to see it get a thread.
Edit: Though I do get the point that this is uncommon behavior for the game and should be noted as such. Unlike Bloodborne, where 40+ second long loading screens were the norm at release.

Chobel

If the thread is misrepresentating the game by showing a statistical outlier I can see why people would be upset. If loading screens like these are normal, then it's a legitimate issue with the game. Something we won't know until more people get to spend time with the game.

So make that point instead of questioning the intention of the OP.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
is this xbox or pc? i have an ssd so surely it can't take that long. either way i'll wait until they fix it before buying it. i'm not sitting waiting for 2 whole minutes every time i die.

Usually when you die it's over for good, but in video games 2 minutes is a deal breaker.

I am eager to hear what reviews have to say. I'll still keep this game on my radar.

Grief.exe

is this xbox or pc? i have an ssd so surely it can't take that long. either way i'll wait until they fix it before buying it. i'm not sitting waiting for 2 whole minutes every time i die.

Plus increased bandwidth and clock from your CPU.

Console load times are infinitely longer than anything a PC will see.

tesqui

shit, I thought there was going to be some cool 8-bit mini game called "Sandwich Time" that you could play while loading.

Jebusman

Banned
Never said it shouldnt exist. Thats not up to me.
Just expressed my opinion about something.

Your first post was a remark about people are saying "so many good things", but the moment one "bad" thing pops up it gets it's own thread.

Presented in this way, it sounds like a dismissal/disapproval of the thread existing, simply because it's the bad thing as a outlier to the "good things".

Whether or not that's your intent, that's how it comes through.

Theorry

Your first post was a remark about people are saying "so many good things", but the moment one "bad" thing pops up it gets it's own thread.

Presented in this way, it sounds like a dismissal/disapproval of the thread existing, simply because it's the bad thing as a outlier to the "good things".

Whether or not that's your intent, that's how it comes through.

Its more a observation then saying something shouldn't exist.

Cubas

Shit. I played this at Brasil Game Show and thought the super long load times were because it was not the final build D:

Well, I guess the good news is that this isn't everyone's experience. That should mean that they can fix it.

As it stands though, as excited as I am for the game, if this is what the majority of people are experiencing then that is unacceptable.

Hopefully they address this before it gets too out of hand and say one way or the other if they think it can be fixed. Hopefully something just went wrong with the update.

Top Bottom