• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore uses "sandwich time" tech once you die (edit: or not?)

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Even if the bug is already fixed in the Day 1 patch? I mean, there's a reason for embargoes...

Wasn't there a Vita or PSP racing game with 2 minute loading times for like 30 seconds of gameplay?

I disagree. If there is a fault in the final disc version of a game, it is to be complained about in a review, because this is, what the game will always be without a connection to Microsoft's servers. Day 1 patches are not an excuse.

It's not day 1 yet. He has *a* patch, but it's still possible for them to release more patches before launch.

I have a feeling it is the day 1 patch because reviewers got copies now. MS would obviously release the "day 1" patch when they send out review codes, so that it accurately shows how the game will be on launch

louiedog

Hopefully it's much, much better on PC. I find loading times in general to be pretty awful on my Xbox One when I do most of my gaming on an i5 and SSD, though this is extreme.

Why sandwich time when it could also double as regret time?

Why regret time while it could be extinguished by a snack time?

Unless you mean that regret is for eating a sandwich instead of a creme de la creme, in which case, I disagree, but to each their own.

Yaranaika

Ya, I'm not risking it.
This, plus no review copies being sent out 3 days before release.

PrsBvSw.png

I disagree. If there is a fault in the final disc version of a game, it is to be complained about in a review, because this is, what the game will always be without a connection to Microsoft's servers. Day 1 patches are not an excuse.

Unfortunately that's the new norm now so it's not that simple

Tripon

What the hell are you talking about? The games not even out yet. Are we shitting on developers for bugs found before release now?

The guy who produced the gif bought the game and has the day 1 patch.

Do you expect something different upon 'release'? He's playing the game that Armature wanted people to play.

I have a feeling it is the day 1 patch because reviewers got copies now. MS would obviously release the "day 1" patch when they send out review codes, so that it accurately shows how the game will be on launch
They wouldn't send it when they send out review codes if the patch isn't ready yet. It's very possible to send a partial patch, and spend one more week making sure the final bits of the patch are solid for launch.

WadeitOut

We constantly have games that go out to reviewers without the day one patch so I don't know why you would assume that.

I also don't know why anyone with a decent PC rig would not play it on PC.

Maffis

Dissapointing, but I'm glad I bought it on PC and installed on a SSD. Hopefully it isn't so long for me. Still really bad.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
If I didn't knew the reference I would have to tell you that Europeans don't eat that

Oh, I did anyway

It's a Swedish thing. It's not uncommon, it's not a struggle sandwich, it's just something that can be enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee with a bowl of yoghurt on the side.

Velcro Fly

I remember Code Name STEAM getting shredded in reviews in part because of the long pre patch loading times. After a death not even connected to gameplay? Hope that day 1 patch fixes it. That is nasty.

Wow that is impressive. The Witcher 3 was bad when you died as well. Id like to run this on a timer to see which on wins.

I am hoping this get patched. Day 1 maybe?

Rappy

No it's not. 2 minutes load times is pretty damn bad no matter the context. I don't care if it's a bug. The ReCore devs pushed it though certification and people found it. Guess what, they got burned by their QA team. Tough shit, deal with the fall out of people mocking you and fix it.
Okay, this statement is pretty much bullshit. The context is absolutely one of the things that matter most in most any situation. The fact that you have this mindset shows just how people eat up these shit topics that don't involve much discussion. I mean, this threads first post is only 2 words "pretty neat". It's nice to have a good joke thread in awhile but this thread is pretty much "hey look at this thing we can shit on!".

2 min is unacceptable for load times and we should be upset if this is the standard. But that tweet and this thread provides no context that it is.

They wouldn't send it when they send out review codes if the patch isn't ready yet. It's very possible to send a partial patch, and spend one more week making sure the final bits of the patch are solid for launch.

We constantly have games that go out to reviewers without the day one patch so I don't know why you would assume that.

I also don't know why anyone with a decent PC rig would not play it on PC.
Ah I see I didn't know that. I just assumed it was that way cause that's what logically makes sense.

Why do publishers send review copies with potential performance issues? Surely they want their game to be rated higher...

Okay, this statement is pretty much bullshit. The context is absolutely one of the things that matter most in most any situation. The fact that you have this mindset shows just how people eat up these shit topics that don't involve much discussion. I mean, this threads first post is only 2 words "pretty neat". It's nice to have a good joke thread in awhile but this thread is pretty much "hey look at this thing we can shit on!".

2 min is unacceptable for load times and we should be upset if this is the standard. But that tweet and this thread provides no context that it is.
He says it happens every death and entering into new areas
https://twitter.com/pressstartkofi/status/774643634075496448
[Just Don't Die.]
Im doing just fine lol. Only died 5 times from playing like 6 hours. Entering areas have just as long loading times

hollomat

Banned
Do people think it'll score higher or lower than mighty number 9?

The concept sounds fun and I'm very cautiously optimistic but it really doesn't seem to be looking good.

jelly

Sorry but that's terrible and I will not play it unless that's fixed.

How come other games make it instant or very short. I understand a new level or restart level being longer but checkpoints, no excuse for that.

Phloxy

Funny, the load times are my only complaint with the game but nowhere near the point where I regret playing it. The rest of the game is super solid so far and this video isn't really indicative of my experience with it. I'll have some videos up soon to show off more of the loading stuff, but so far people who have played the game and myself haven't let the load times stop our enjoyment of it in the least.

Do people think it'll score higher or lower than mighty number 9?

The concept sounds fun and I'm very cautiously optimistic but it really doesn't seem to be looking good.

Easily higher. Mighty no.9 was a shit game with shit performance. At least the impressions of this game seem to be that it's fun

Top Bottom