• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recreate your favorite videogame moments using MS Paint: 2009 Edition!

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
9gis8j.jpg

me accidentally wavedashing off the edge for the millionth time

OnPoint

I'm amazed every time this thread comes back up. The Yoshi's Island one is superb.

As for the people expressing concerns over whether people are using programs other than Paint, I can tell you that it's not that hard to approximate the layout of a screenshot by just looking at the image. Personally, I use my tablet to do the drawing, and have a screen up on my desktop for reference when doing a translation of a screen into Paint (and hell, I'm not even that good). It's the same technique I used when I was a kid and I drew stuff out of magazines or whatever. What the hell fun is tracing anyway? As for concerns with transparency, it's not that hard to make things look transparent if you take the time to shift all the colors.

OnPoint said:
I'm amazed every time this thread comes back up. The Yoshi's Island one is superb.

As for the people expressing concerns over whether people are using programs other than Paint, I can tell you that it's not that hard to approximate the layout of a screenshot by just looking at the image. Personally, I use my tablet to do the drawing, and have a screen up on my desktop for reference when doing a translation of a screen into Paint (and hell, I'm not even that good). It's the same technique I used when I was a kid and I drew stuff out of magazines or whatever. What the hell fun is tracing anyway? As for concerns with transparency, it's not that hard to make things look transparent if you take the time to shift all the colors.

Thanks OnPoint for this. Most of us if not all are using paint and nothing but paint, with no transparency/photoshop tricks.

OnPoint

I love the NGII one. Seriously awesome.

I spent a lot of time on this one. Checkerboard shading is a bitch.

*new version posted below*

I love that NG2 pic. The other pic in the same post looks a bit like something you might find in an adult store... and inflate. :lol

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Man so much great stuff in here. Amazing job everyone!

I so want to do more, but I've been so busy lately. I hope this thread is still alive in a week or so.

OnPoint

Adumaha said:
Man so much great stuff in here. Amazing job everyone!

I so want to do more, but I've been so busy lately. I hope this thread is still alive in a week or so.

If it's not active in a week, just bump it. It always comes back to life when someone does that.

Gonna edit those missiles in my Metroid piece at some point after work today. Not like anyone cares, just sayin haha

Amooox

Great thread with some amazing stuff!
Just made this one. It isn't that good and it's probably been done better but it took like 5 minutes and I'm bored so here it is.
30c90fn.jpg

The Blue Jihad said:
GoldenEyeMemory.png

Done with the tiny touchpad on my laptop and MS Paint.

I have a feeling most of you can tell what I drew. :)

Thank you for that. It was my favorite Map of Goldeneye! *tears up

What was the name again fo this map? Complex?

CTLance

Just to keep this thread up and going I'm gonna embarrass myself some more:
281aj9z.png

I shall call this masterpiece "Be careful! New moon tonight!". :-/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OnPoint said:
New version with less phallic missile, increased shading and redone wall & x-ray beam.

SAMUS21.jpg
I like!!!

Razer Reds

Neo Member
2v9uhjc.jpg

The first time my brother and I saw Super Sonic. I put in the Super Sonic code in Sonic 2 some 15 years ago not knowing what Super Sonic was at the time. When I got 50 rings and jumped, my brother and I nearly crapped ourselves!

OnPoint

ultim8p00 said:
Nope, now it just looks like it put a condom on, or like a boob.

Are you aware of how a condom looks when it's put on, or what a boob looks like? ;)

I like the Super Sonic one.

-PXG-

Arthrus said:
In about 20min:
AxemRangersBattle.jpg

Such fond memories. Thinking I'd gotten the start only to meet these guys :lol

FUCK YOU AXEM RANGERS! FUCK YOU!!

God I hated that boss fight. Motherfuckers :mad:

Top Bottom