• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RED ASH Kickstarter crashes n burns (Comcept/Inafune/Hyde making Mega Man Legends 3)

TDLink

GAME

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-the-indelible-legend

800,000 initial goal, full game obviously a couple of million though.
9M6Tvvg.jpg
R7TeD8N.jpg

Obviously will take a lot to get that full game world.

Currently there are no platforms announced other than PC...but I am sure you can expect those to be stretch goals.

ANIME
There is also a separate kickstarter for an anime based on this game, made by Studio 4c:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-magicicada-by-studio4c?ref=discovery

The anime will be a 5 minute episode at initial funding. The final stretch goal of 2.48 million will make it a feature length film.

Tizoc

Uh....
RED ASH is an opportunity to not only fulfill Keiji Inafune's desire to create a game that pays homage to Japanese animation, but also his vision of "immersing players in a freely explorable anime world."
Pretty sure that's been done already...
If gameplay delivers what the hey I'm in.

jamsy

I have absolutely zero interest in Mighty No 9, but this project actually sounds really interesting, and is definitely a type of game I would enjoy.

PC only, or am I reading it wrong?

And I believe, maybe erroneously, that we would have gotten Legends 3 by now had Inafune not split from Capcom, so forgive me if I don't join in on the inevitable calls of "Fuck Capcom."

spinz

Personal opinion: devs should deliver on one kickstarter before moving on to the next.
Still, looks cool.

jman2050

Well it's not Legends 3 but it's the next best thing.

Uh....

Pretty sure that's been done already...
If gameplay delivers what the hey I'm in.

I'm pretty sure that's not-subtle code for "Yes this is a Mega Man Legends game and that means everything you'd expect from that."

kulapik

I love the fact that the characters are called exactly like Mighty No 9 ones but have different looks, lol

Also, I have the feeling this KS isn't going to be as successful as MN9, people are already aware of Inafune's Shenanigans.

Are people going to shit on him for doing a second kickstarter when the first isn't out like they did for double fine or is it ok when inafune does it?

He's basically done with MN9,though

Are people going to shit on him for doing a second kickstarter when the first isn't out like they did for double fine or is it ok when inafune does it?

BiggNife

I actually think it's more sketchy in this case because at least the Massive Chalice team was completely separate from the BA team. I don't think comcept is big enough to have more than one group of people working on a game at any time. So this is them trying to get insurance for their next project before their first one is even out.

RK128

Welp, our Not-Mega Man Legends is a reality :D!

This is great news and once platforms are announced (hope for PS4, PS Vita, or 3DS) I might consider putting some money into this :).

Between a ton of talent form Mega Man Legends 1 being on board alongside the charm of the series still being alive if that animatic means anything, this will be a great game :).

I actually think it's more sketchy in this case because at least the Massive Chalice team was completely separate from the BA team. I don't think comcept is big enough to have more than one group of people working on a game at any time. So this is them trying to get insurance for their next project before their first one is even out.

MN9 comes out in 2 months so it's pretty much done and has publisher backing

I don't think they do this as "insurance"

that game is out in what 2 months though? a lot of the people like artists would have finished by now, gotta be near going gold too

BadWolf

MN9 comes out in 2 months so it's pretty much done and has publisher backing

I don't think they do this as "insurance"

Yeah I find it interesting how they decided to move on to a new project instantly instead of dicking around, I would rather have this sooner than later.

Nordicus

Or PERHAPS, perhaps, a lot of other people have done it after Double Fine and now a lot people have learned that a second kickstarter is reasonable? Massive Chalice kickstarter was the first case of its kind and that was 2 years ago.

Shit, inXile's going for third.

spinz

so if i got this right...
theyr doing a kickstarter to make a new anime, and a kickstarter for a game about said anime at the same time.
Wouldnt that be kind of awkward if the game funded but the anime didnt :p

Top Bottom