• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed until October 26th, 2018

DryvBy

https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...m_campaign=rdr2-02012018&utm_content=newswire

"We are excited to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be released on October 26th 2018. We apologize to everyone disappointed by this delay. While we had hoped to have the game out sooner, we require a little extra time for polish."

:(

edit: new screens!

cfb666840877705bcb1d4c35e171c43431d3f3f0.jpg

6cff08109cc9096e816240f6b154f725f4fd17de.jpg

5b5313332394d20cd7c3c91987529d9dd15a242e.jpg

750001bd09b2452ef0d01fab0965ff76d63c535c.jpg

Last edited:

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
6cff08109cc9096e816240f6b154f725f4fd17de.jpg

so thats clearly Dutch in the middle

but who is the guy to the left of him? anyone know of this character?

Venuspower

IMHO it was pretty obvious R* is going to delay the game once again.
Thats why I do not care about the delay. I hope we will see more ingame stuff soon.

Alebrije

Nice, will have time to play some backlog and Some new games like Dark Souls remaster, God of war ,etc..

Everyone should have seen this coming.

Honestly anytime an AAA game gets a first official release date I subconsciously add 6 months to it as a bare minimum.

JP

I'm OK with this, I never really have any issues with delays.

Probably a good commercial move for by RockStar and Sony too, I wouldn't be too surprised to see it get a custom PS4 as it's likely to be the major Christmas launch for Sony now and get a pretty hefty marketing budget from them too. On the downside, I imagine whatever game they initially planned to have out at that time will be moved on until somewhere between early 2019 and the end of the financial year.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I want a real 10 minutes gameplay video and a PC announcement, even if I have to wait til 2019 for the release.

Edit: 2 more screenshots
1517502457-8868-capture-d-ecran.jpg
1517502455-8383-capture-d-ecran.jpg

Last edited:
In other words, '' We will keep polishing it until GTA online sharkcards see a decline ''
-Rockstar.

Last edited:

toker818

Banned
This is why this generation has been so disappointing to me, every games get multiple delays plus its been taking developers 4 to 8 years to make a game its ridiculous . On the ps3/360 we got 2 gta games and red dead and from bethesda we got 2 elder scrolls and 2 fallout games 3 and new vegas this is insane.

ABeezy1388

Perfect time to remaster the first game for PS4.

I want to go back and play Red Dead Redemption, but I just can't muster myself to do so (bit of a graphical snob). I wish so very badly there was a remaster. Its been so long I remember NOTHING of the story. I guess I will just have to wait for the new one or bring myself to playing the old one.

Funny thing is I have it on PS3 but have NO desire to play it on a previous gen console. I'd much rather play it on my PS4 Pro or Xbox One X.

VulcanRaven

Good that they are not releasing it too early. They can polish it as long as they want. The trailers haven't really got me hyped but I'm sure the game will be awesome.

loki 16

I think most people were spectating this. Hopefully this means it wont launch with a bunch of bugs.

makaveli60

Hello everyone!

This is my very first post on neogaf (maybe not the most interesting one ever, but I'm a graphics whore).
So what do you guys think, is there a bit of a hope that it will look like this when it releases or should we expect the usual downgrade closer to release? Image quality obviously won't be like this on base consoles, I'm interested in everything else.

My body is also ready... I'm willing to wait for the delays as long as the finished product is actually finished, like Nintendo and Breath of the Wild, worth the wait.

yesrushdt

It would sure be nice if they could release the PC version alongside the PS4 and Xbox One, but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up.

God Enel

can't wait. forgot about it already. RDR was one of the best games I've played. Had a blast with my 40 year old brother playing it who's totally into western :)

This is gonna steamroll everything else this holiday season. Even all of the usual annual drivel.

P nice of Rockstar to give everyone an eight month heads up to get the fuck out of the way.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Hello everyone!

This is my very first post on neogaf (maybe not the most interesting one ever, but I'm a graphics whore).
So what do you guys think, is there a bit of a hope that it will look like this when it releases or should we expect the usual downgrade closer to release? Image quality obviously won't be like this on base consoles, I'm interested in everything else.
Hello, welcome.

I actually don’t think it looks outstanding enough to warrant a graphics downgrade. I think it looks fine. About where a RDR2 should be in 2018, but it is not blowing my mind enough to think it might get a visual downgrade.

DryvBy

Hello everyone!

I dunno. GTA V still is a looker in my opinion. I assume we can see something higher quality than it. Rockstar has typically been pretty decent with their IQ in trailers unless I'm really drunk right now.

I don’t ever remember a R* game looking downgraded from what we’d see before release, but maybe that’s just me.

Last edited:

HurtPotato

Neo Member
I’m not even upset that it’s delayed. More time to make it even better. MY BODY HAS BEEN READY SINCE 2010.

Blam

This is why this generation has been so disappointing to me, every games get multiple delays plus its been taking developers 4 to 8 years to make a game its ridiculous . On the ps3/360 we got 2 gta games and red dead and from bethesda we got 2 elder scrolls and 2 fallout games 3 and new vegas this is insane.
You're pushing it its' just R* that takes a while to make a game. Not everyone, and frankly I don't see the problem. R* tries to get the best out of their games, and they spend a fucking fortune to do so.

Not surprised, however i am more interested in knowing when gta6 is out, if ever! Gta5 has been squeezed to death and i am very disappointed that we did not get single player dlc.

I just hope rdr2 is more than rdr with sharper graphics.

-MD-

Ok neat, let me know when the PC version has a release date.

I'm not gonna make myself play another Rockstar game on a console lol, not after the last RDR.

makaveli60

Hello, welcome.

I actually don’t think it looks outstanding enough to warrant a graphics downgrade. I think it looks fine. About where a RDR2 should be in 2018, but it is not blowing my mind enough to think it might get a visual downgrade.
I mean, the character models are very good compared to other open world games, similar to Uncharted 4 for example.
I dunno. GTA V still is a looker in my opinion. I assume we can see something higher quality than it. Rockstar has typically been pretty decent with their IQ in trailers unless I'm really drunk right now.
Yeah GTA V looks good but the jaggies kill it for me (I can't stand aliasing :( :) ).
I agree we should expect such a graphics jump as we see here, but it looks better than the usual open world game, it is almost Horizon quality based on the videos and pics.

Top Bottom