• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Has Already Shipped 17 Million Units

By the way we should talk about how there are 6 million copies of GTA V being sent out. The game seems to be invincible. Probably will get another re-release in 4k on next gen consoles.

I think RDR will hit with the new pedigree of Rockstar around 35 million max. 45 once the PC version is out.

EDMIX

By the way we should talk about how there are 6 million copies of GTA V being sent out. The game seems to be invincible. Probably will get another re-release in 4k on next gen consoles.

I think RDR will hit with the new pedigree of Rockstar around 35 million max. 45 once the PC version is out.

I don't know if it will do that good.

I don't know if it will do that good.

It'll easily sell through 10 million before BF and from BF to January it'll easily be over 20 million worldwide.

I think after that sales will be kind of steady. likely 5 million before the holidays 2019, that's also likely when the PC version will be out. Consoles will peter out and PC will take over from there.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Don't PC users outnumber consoles by billions yet Rockstar games sell 80% more on consoles?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It'll easily sell through 10 million before BF and from BF to January it'll easily be over 20 million worldwide.

I think after that sales will be kind of steady. likely 5 million before the holidays 2019, that's also likely when the PC version will be out. Consoles will peter out and PC will take over from there.

What does that have to do with Rockstar selling 10 million copies on PC?

Though for RDR it'll probably be more like 5. Depends on how late they release it.

GTA5 is still selling on consoles why would it "peter" out and PC take over anything?

AlexxKidd

Don't PC users outnumber consoles by billions yet Rockstar games sell 80% more on consoles?

PC users with setups powerful enough to smoothly run RDR2 dont out number consoles by billions. Dont confuse pc owners (pretty much everyone) with hardcore pc gamers (not everyone). Nevertheless if and when the game comes to pc it will go on to sell an additional 10-15 million. Not exactly chicken feed, as Arthur would say.

Congrats to R*, been playing since release and according to the in-game compendium im not even 50% done.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
PC users with setups powerful enough to smoothly run RDR2 dont out number consoles by billions. Dont confuse pc owners (pretty much everyone) with hardcore pc gamers (not everyone). Nevertheless if and when the game comes to pc it will go on to sell an additional 10-15 million. Not exactly chicken feed, as Arthur would say.

Congrats to R*, been playing since release and according to the in-game compendium im not even 50% done.
https://mygaming.co.za/news/feature...world-and-pc-gaming-dominates-the-market.html
62% of gamers use a PC while 56% use a console.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
My comparisson was of GTA5 other Rockstar games not RDR2. I'll entertain your notion though. GTA5 a game that launched 2 years later or so unless I'm mistaken it didn't need that high end of a PC to run right? So how did consoles sell 80% more despite it being inferior and costly compared to the PC port?

Rayderism

Glad to hear it. Here's to hoping we get RDR3 sometime before I die of old age. LOL! I also hope they actually provide some SP DLC for it, unlike how they did GTAV, where it was promised and then never materialized.

I've had 3 day weekends ever since it released and loved every second (well, not really fond of staring at a horse's ass as I travel from place to place, but...) I just didn't want to to stop playing. Not even sure how many hours I've put into it so far, but I'm in chapter 6 right now. Damn my miserable job anyway. I love the game so much, even though I loathe cowboy movies/shows on TV. Weird how that works, ain't it?

This weekend (my last 3 day weekend before I have to start working mandatory Saturdays....&^%$#%^&*) is going to be rough. I got Grip, Road Redemotion (arcade racers are my favorite genre) and the two new Pinball Arcade tables (Big Buck Hunter and Woah! Nellie) competing for my time. I'll tell you, right now is a great time to be a gamer, and a suck time for having a job that's horrible but pays too much to quit.

Especially with RDR2, you can't just play a half-hour here or an hour there, it REQUIRES a significant amount of time to get anything done in it. I think my minimum session was 5 hours, and that was only because it was like 4AM and I HAD to crash. UGH! Just one more day of absolute misery at work and then it's GAME ON! Should have been asleep at least 4 hours ago, but I got the itchy-scratchies.......probably in anticipation of the weekend. It doesn't help that I don't even feel tired. I'm sure I will while at work though. Oh! The irony.

I'm rambling......I'll shut up now.

I was expecting 20M by now. I don’t know how to feel about this.

Huh??? Analyst were prediction only 15mil would be sold in it's lifetime just like a year ago! It's only been out for 2 weeks, 17mil is insane, and we haven't even hit main stride of Holiday season yet!

Last edited:

zwiggelbig

Had 2 friends recently buy a ps4. The game they bought was gta 5. To them its one of the only games they stil know

Bryank75

Banned
I'm at the end of the Epilogues, it's a lot of game for your money. Deserves the numbers but I just wish more games hit these numbers... like GOW and Spider-man. Although I'm sure they're doing great numbers anyway.

Top Bottom