• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - New Leaks & Rumors. Possible Main Character V.O found?

Simo

So it's been nearly 5 months since Rockstar announced Red Dead Redemption 2 and since then they've been radio silent. No news, screenshots...nada. Reminiscence of the GTAV pre-release days it seems so what do you do? Well the folks at the Red Dead Network aka GTAForums started digging and found some links and voice actors that could be part of RDR2. I figured I'd share their findings here for something to discuss and I didn't want to bump the last active RDR2 thread. lol Again credit to the guys at GTAF for their great findings!

So these leaks started last week here that listed he had performed motion capture for Dutch in RDR2.
aaa.png

The listing got quickly nuked though. Another actor and listing was found for Roger Grunwald, resume here but it got nuked, for doing motion capture for a German Psychiatrist named Menchen.

Then GTAF member, Neudd, found THIS. Basically through social networking via the voice actors for Bill Williamson and Dutch etc there was a new face that resembled the character front and center on the RDR2 key art. His name is Roger Clark. What's interesting is that if you listen to some of his work on his website he actually sounds like the voice over in the announcement trailer:
http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/actor/profile/roger-clark

Bizarrely somebody found Clark's YouTube account that he created 8 years ago and seemingly not knowing his 'Liked" videos are public, he liked a video speculating his involvement in RDR2:
L5L7cHh.png

Actress Cali Moore was found too and also was networked with Clark as well as the other actors and John Marston's:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6974760/

Today another link was found via actor Noshir Dalal whose Linkedlin is full of NDA projects but again via social network he's friends and connected with seemingly the old RDR1 gang and the new discoveries: ll - Rob Wiethoff, Benjamin Byron Davis, Steve J Palmer, Roger Clark, Gabriel Sloyer, Peter Blomquist and Cali Moore.
rguwrFf.png

https://www.linkedin.com/in/noshir-dalal-5b53228a
http://resumes.breakdownexpress.com/248696-2100093

Funnily enough that sort of gives you your 7 characters from the key art...

Rembrandt

Banned
I love the hype that surrounds Rockstar games. There's so much hunting, takedowns, guesses and leaks. Nothing like it imo.

Madness

I love the hype that surrounds Rockstar games. There's so much hunting, takedowns, guesses and leaks. Nothing like it imo.

And they know it too. Rockstar is the one dev that gets their fans the best. Probably one of the few devs that will get my money before day one. I have fully preordered Red Dead 2 and paid it in full already.

Simo

Wow, I had actually momentarily forgot about RDR2.

I so badly want it to come this year!

October I reckon. We can trace back to 2015 for motion capture work being done and as far back as 2012 for when development started. It should be good for this fall.

Alienous

October I reckon. We can trace back to 2015 for motion capture work being done and as far back as 2012 for when development started. It should be good for this fall.

Do Rockstar Games ever release in their initial release window?

GTA 4 was delayed.
Red Dead Redemption was delayed.
Max Payne 3 was delayed.
GTA 5 was delayed.

I don't see how RDR2 makes this fall.

Yep. Red dead Redemption had a really quick announcement to release as well, plus minimal delays. 4 years this fall since the last Rockstar game. Hard to believe. Even La noire, and Max payne, came out as filler between Red and V.

Only a month though, no? Or am I wrong here?

Simo

Do Rockstar Games ever release in their initial release window?

GTA 4 was delayed.
Max Payne 3 was delayed.
GTA 5 was delayed.

I don't see how RDR2 makes this fall.

Eh RDR got like a 3 week delay and that's it and this one has been cooking for at least 5 years now with San Diego and all the other studios including the new India one. If it wasn't near ready then why even announce it a year out.

Alienous

Eh RDR got like a 3 week delay and that's it and this one has been cooking for at least 5 years now with San Diego and all the other studios including the new India one. If it wasn't near ready then why even announce it a year out.

I don't know, ask GTA V.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

That's what they do with all their games. I don't see your point why this time its different.

Simo

All the best detectives are at the GTA forums. Crazy if all this is accurate.

They found Roger Clark's Facebook account despite using a different name. Lol apparently he's friends with all those involved linked in the OP as well as some others who are also friends with John Marston's actor.

Wedzi

Banned
Red Dead 2 be like Randy Orton cashing in his money in the bank at the end of the year to take away the GOTY from BotW

Can't wait for this, not actively excited just yet as it could be far away from release but God damn was redemption the goat game.

Stiler

Hmm, if it's true I can't be the only one bummed about it can I?

I mean I loved RDR, but having RDR 2 be a prequel instead of being a whole new game with a complete new cast of characters and setting earlier then the end of the west isn't as exciting imo, especially since we already know where the characters like Marston/Dutch/Bill, etc end up.

Still, hopefully Rockstar has some surprises up their sleeve for it and what it's going to be like.

It would be nice to actually believe they will indeed release it this year but I doubt it. Especially since most their games have been delayed at least once. Plus look at this silence, there's nothing. Not that this means anything perse though.

It would be nice if they have looked at how Bethesda handled Fallout 4's announcement and release and do this for RDR2 but we'll just have to wait and see if that's the case. It's crazy that's it's already 5 months ago. Definitely would have expected a few screenshots or some info perhaps.

Chris1

3 of the people in the OP were in previous R* games (La noire, san andreas, GTA 5). Does rockstar usually reuse voice actors?

Does seem plausible though.

Freeman76

This is too flimsy to be concerned with. If it is about Dutchs gang that will he awesome. Anything Rockstar do with this franchise is a must play, I fully trust this will be a banger no matter who they choose to focus on.

now im wondering if we play as John or if we play as someone else in the gang/ or is connected to them somehow.

All I know for sure, is that 3 characters in the key art are new. Javier, Dutch, John, and Bill are in the front, with the far right and far left the new characters. This is known, of course. I think that considering at least one of the characters has special weapons that are unique, dual pistols, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if those 3 are all playable. Narrator, Roger Clark, is far left, the normal relatable one of the three, Native American will be the new perspective(stoic and brutal), and Dual Pistols will be the crazy wildcard. What's noticeable is that all three of the new characters are looking in different directions compared to the original 4. I imagine that's deliberate. Also the grouping is probably deliberate too. There is a clear large divide between the two groups. Maybe Far left is a new recruit or double agent? Who knows though, we'll find out soon, I'd imagine. E3 trailer at Sony conference, or a GI cover. Whatever comes first.

I really hope there's multiple protags, I like the different perspectives it offers. Going from Michael in the hills of Hollywood, to Franklin in the hood, to Trevor in a trailer park on the outskirts of town was a unique experience, and each character having their own supporting cast was great as well. It made it feel like three games. I don't think I want to go back.

I'm soo hyped! Red Dead Redemption is one of my favourite games of all time! After seeing the images Rockstar released and watching the trailer I was wondering if we would be seeing Dutch and John again, especially since the man on the far left looks like John Marston. Either way I'm soo hyped!

Simo

now im wondering if we play as John or if we play as someone else in the gang/ or is connected to them somehow.

Supposedly a noted Rockstar leaker on 4chan posted a few months ago that the game had 3 playable characters that are part of Dutch's gang but John won't be one of them.

Ateron

Hmm, if it's true I can't be the only one bummed about it can I?

I mean I loved RDR, but having RDR 2 be a prequel instead of being a whole new game with a complete new cast of characters and setting earlier then the end of the west isn't as exciting imo, especially since we already know where the characters like Marston/Dutch/Bill, etc end up.

Still, hopefully Rockstar has some surprises up their sleeve for it and what it's going to be like.

I get what you're saying, but other games follow this route and were successful at telling a compelling story. You may disagree with the following, but Snake Eater, Crisis Core, among others moved a lot of people. Even though we knew what was gonna happen. If it's a prequel during the gang days we can expect a fully fleshed out Marston, going from trigger happy, anti establishment renegade, to a slightly soft hearted guy who decides to leave it all behind with the woman he loves, probably under death threats of the other members. I think it has a lot of potential, honestly.

John Marston you say?

I bet it will be some bait and switch where you play as him for an hour and then fast forward to the future where you have to play as his shitty annoying son.

Seriously though, I hope John is heavily involved.

late September - early October

that is a given unless the game gets delayed
what exact same date and week is not that important imho. just wait for the announcement

holiday season 2017 is so stacked
to bad i will buy 2 games only

shandy706

Another rumored release date, this one for Tuesday October 3rd, via a Polish gaming store.
ohaNhhR.png

I need the release date for these 3 things.

1. RDR2
2. Scorpio
3. PC Build

I have the game pre-ordered for PS4. However, if there's a Scorpio build I'd consider buying it and the Scorpio if it is the definitive version. If the PC build is coming Day 1 then I'd just buy the PC build and skip Scorpio. I don't know what to do!!!!

John Marston you say?

I bet it will be some bait and switch where you play as him for an hour and then fast forward to the future where you have to play as his shitty annoying son.

Seriously though, I hope John is heavily involved.

I mean, that's clearly the 4 members from Dutchs gang from RDR on the box art. You may not play as him, but I doubt they'd slap someone on the cover that's not heavily involved.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I need the release date for these 3 things.

1. RDR2
2. Scorpio
3. PC Build

I have the game pre-ordered for PS4. However, if there's a Scorpio build I'd consider buying it and the Scorpio if it is the definitive version. If the PC build is coming Day 1 then I'd just buy the PC build and skip Scorpio. I don't know what to do!!!!

If it is on XBO (which it is) it will come play on Scorpio, not sure it will be "definitive" or anything but it will probably run the best on console there.

If it is on XBO (which it is) it will come play on Scorpio, not sure it will be "definitive" or anything but it will probably run the best on console there.

The fact that Rockstar is partnered with Sony for the exclusive DLC, I would say the "definitive" version would be the PS4 Pro version - but I'm sure the Scorpio will run it identically to the PS4 Pro version anyway.

Top Bottom