• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC graphics settings revealed from companion app, confirm DirectX 12

CyberPanda

Banned
Another month, another Red Dead Redemption 2 PC leak/rumour. GTAforums’ member ‘rollschuh2282’ shared some PC settings from Red Dead Redemption 2’s companion app, suggesting that a… wait for it… PC version is under development.

What’s really interesting here is that according to member ‘Spider-Vice’, these aren’t mere leftovers from Grand Theft Auto 5. In other words, these leaked settings also hint at a PC version so it remains to be seen when Take-Two will officially announce it.

As Spider-Vice noted, there are some differences between these Red Dead Redemption 2 PC settings and those for Grand Theft Auto 5. For instance, there is a reference to DirectX Feature Set 12_1 in these new settings, suggesting that RDR2 PC will support Microsoft’s latest API.

Moreover, some of the graphics options from GTA 5 became sliders in RDR2, such as refresh rate. Also, it appears that Rockstar has integrated some extra things to the R* Editor menu, and all graphics options now have an Ultra preset (Grand Theft Auto 5 did not have such a present).

Now while there are noticeable differences between the GTA5 PC settings and these leaked Red Dead Redemption 2 PC settings, it appears that some of the previous settings that were leaked a while back are absent from these settings (which could mean that these RDR2 PC settings may not be indicative of those that will be featured in the final game).
Still, the fact that there are graphics, system, UI, Control and Display PC settings for Red Dead Redemption 2 is something that should not pass unnoticed.

Those interested can find all the Red Dead Redemption 2 Companion App codes here.

Hinedorf

Banned
I'd be up for it to check out the tech at least, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be an EGS exclusive at launch.

Rockstar has made so money money through Steam I have a hard time believing they'd let this become an Epic exclusive regardless how much cash is dumped on them.

I would get RDR2 just for the online element for PC but if they go with Epic, I wont even bother.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I just don't know what the beef Rockstar got with PC. I mean sure your console base is massive but adding one more version won't hurt and will rack you more profit

Kadayi

Banned
Rockstar has made so money money through Steam I have a hard time believing they'd let this become an Epic exclusive regardless how much cash is dumped on them.

I would get RDR2 just for the online element for PC but if they go with Epic, I wont even bother.

Take 2 own Private Division who have put Outer Worlds over as an EGS exclusive. I don't think they're adverse and tbh I dare say many of the Rockstar faithful won't care about which PC digital platform it is on.

For what it's worth I'd hope I'm wrong, but it's just something to consider.

Last edited:
I just don't know what the beef Rockstar got with PC. I mean sure your console base is massive but adding one more version won't hurt and will rack you more profit
It's to milk the double dippers. They know x% will, if left to wait long enough, give up and buy it on console, then again on PC when that version releases. It's super scummy and underhanded...but hey...what can you do...it works! The PC version has probably been done for months.

Mista

Banned
It's to milk the double dippers. They know x% will, if left to wait long enough, give up and buy it on console, then again on PC when that version releases. It's super scummy and underhanded...but hey...what can you do...it works! The PC version has probably been done for months.
I believe that too. I'm sure its even ready to get released right now

Why are they on your shitlist, if I may ask? Just curious.
Jumping in at the deep end with the microtransactions. Cancelling the SP DLC for GTA5 to milk GTA Online. The absolute state of GTA Online. Pulling exactly the same shit with RDR Online. Firing Benzies in a scummy as fuck manner. CnD'ing OpenIV. Strauss Zelnick openly disrespecting customers and referring to them as "wood to chop" and being incredibly condescending by saying "They know. They don't know they know, but they do." when talking about milking us dry for every last cent. GTA5's always online DRM. Etc etc. Basically if you're someone who cares about getting rid of anti-consumer practices they should probably be on your shitlist too.

pr0cs

I'm okay to be milked, bought a oneX for rdr2, I'd double dip for a pc version with all the bells and graphical whistles.

I would preorder if they implemented a VR mode, then I'd never have to be in reality again 😜

Aintitcool

Banned
giphy.gif

I'd be up for it to check out the tech at least, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be an EGS exclusive at launch.
Yeah but google does have lots of money

Last edited:

Portman

And here they find more info about a potential PC release right after I finally give in and picked up the game last week. Although by the time I get through the backlog to play it the PC version will release (if it is happening 100% super for sure). And if it comes out I'll jump to the PC since it is my preferred platform. Hurry up Rockstar and get that PC version out....

Last edited:

TIMSTER_777

Jumping in at the deep end with the microtransactions. Cancelling the SP DLC for GTA5 to milk GTA Online. The absolute state of GTA Online. Pulling exactly the same shit with RDR Online. Firing Benzies in a scummy as fuck manner. CnD'ing OpenIV. Strauss Zelnick openly disrespecting customers and referring to them as "wood to chop" and being incredibly condescending by saying "They know. They don't know they know, but they do." when talking about milking us dry for every last cent. GTA5's always online DRM. Etc etc. Basically if you're someone who cares about getting rid of anti-consumer practices they should probably be on your shitlist too.

Bingo, when they went after the Open IV team, that's where I changed my mind about them.

Holammer

This is a likely part of a marketing agreement with Sony & MS so the PC version does not make them look bad on release.

Solarstrike

This game deserves better than 30fps. It also deserves to be released this holiday season on PC. March 2020 at the latest

jadefire66

Cheat Engine speedhack is going to make this game a LOT more enjoyable on PC. Instead of playing at snail speed, I'll be playing 3x faster. Hopefully you can skip the cutscenes as well.

prag16

Banned
And here they find more info about a potential PC release right after I finally give in and picked up the game last week. Although by the time I get through the backlog to play it the PC version will release (if it is happening 100% super for sure). And if it comes out I'll jump to the PC since it is my preferred platform. Hurry up Rockstar and get that PC version out....
This is exactly why I haven't bought it yet on PS4. I still have to finish God of War and Spiderman there, plus Wolfenstein 2 on PC among some other smaller games. By the time I get around to playing the PS4 version, it'll be out on PC.

Strazyplus

Too late.

i was excited to play this game before launch, but since they did not put it on pc and from then to now My interest of this game came and went.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Don’t expect it until PS5 releases next year at the earliest. Hopefully they fix the horrendous controls and movement speeds between now and then.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I hope this doesn't become EGS exclusive. It would be bad for Valve to make this game slip by.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
dx12 is a fucking mess, why am i not surprised they're running it through this shit

microsoft what are you doing

Kadayi

Banned
Why do you say that? Is there any rumor or insinuation in that regard? Anyway for that game I would consider installing EGS.

I explained why a couple of posts further on...

Take 2 own Private Division who have put Outer Worlds over as an EGS exclusive. I don't think they're adverse and tbh I dare say many of the Rockstar faithful won't care about which PC digital platform it is on.

For what it's worth I'd hope I'm wrong, but it's just something to consider.

M0G

If EGS exclusive means I can buy it directly from Rockstar then that's fine. EGS exclusive seems to translate to "just not on Steam" half the time.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Cheat Engine speedhack is going to make this game a LOT more enjoyable on PC. Instead of playing at snail speed, I'll be playing 3x faster. Hopefully you can skip the cutscenes as well.

Speed I maybe understand, but why would you skip the story in a story-focused game? Are you really that bothered about getting to the generic shooting faster? The shoot-outs only work because they're bursts of adrenaline littered throughout an incredibly slow paced game.

Unless you mean the "ride here for 5 minutes" conversations, but those aren't cut scenes.

Paasei

At least if it does come to PC, it has a good chance of being better because of the controls. Gameplay was horrible on console.

Boss Mog

I can guarantee you that the PC version will come after the next gen remaster coming late next year or early 2021.

A configurable control scheme, lower input lag, and raw mouse input might make this game's shooting scenes playable, possibly even enjoyable, but it won't fix that mission design, or the crime and bounty system.

Unless some mods can change things up. But then Rockstar wil just ban everyone and try to sue them anyways.

Way to late, game hype died a while ago. I will get it when its 20 bucks on 50% discounted with it.

I know I'm not the average gamer, but why should hype matter? Why should that drive your interests? I never understand the whole ride-the-wave-of-the-crowd mindset, but then again I always beat my own drum. (that's what she said? :p)

I've been interested in it from the beginning since I loved RDR1, and I'm just waiting on PC release. Can't wait.

Ramzy

Can't wait to replay RDR2 on PC with mouse and keyboard. Combat on consoles felt so repetitive when every engagement required taking cover, aiming, and flicking up to headshot over and over and over. I know that a PC release won't mechanically change the game, but it always feels like i'm wrestling with the controls on console. Also, most exciting to me, raw mouse input means that hunting will be 10x more tense and interesting without aimbots.

Shifty

Good move? I don't think so. If they want to use that excuse just use Vulkan, and not an API attached to just one OS.
Are we expecting Mac OS and Linux releases? Vulkan would be nice on principle, but chances are they're branching off of the XBO renderer for the PC version.

Last edited:

Fake

Are we expecting Mac OS and Linux releases?
Mac OS, Linux, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10.

Its just like to celebrate a game using directx 12, but at the same time whining about being a Epic game store exclusive.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
So "only 4K on" is about to go out the window as a talking point????? How about 4k 60fps at Ultra settings...

Didn't buy this on PS4 PRO due to Rockstar's CB nonsense, will give it a whirl on PC......

Top Bottom