• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PS5, Xbox Series X Version Could Be in the Works

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Leaker AccountNgt says that a next-gen version of Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming, but that's all the information they have for now. As it stands, there are no native PS5 or Xbox Series X versions of Red Dead Redemption 2 available, though playing the game on the newer hardware does result in better performance. Native versions would, of course, yield even greater results, and so that's why some fans want to see the game make the jump.

Tweet deleted:pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Kerotan

Leaker AccountNgt says that a next-gen version of Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming, but that's all the information they have for now. As it stands, there are no native PS5 or Xbox Series X versions of Red Dead Redemption 2 available, though playing the game on the newer hardware does result in better performance. Native versions would, of course, yield even greater results, and so that's why some fans want to see the game make the jump.

Tweet deleted:pie_thinking:

If red dead got a 60fps mode amongst other pat upgrades I'd definitely replay it and even a little online.

gypsygib

I wonder if Rockstar with all of it billions of dollars will finally update the DLSS on the Rockstar launcher now that an upgraded version is coming out for console.

Never again will I not buy the steam version. I guess Rockstar likes giving away a percentage of sales to Valve because they've made it so no one should ever use their store again.

radewagon

Shocked Futurama GIF

Gambit2483

If they do something similar to the First GTAV remaster (real visual upgrades and new content) hell yes I'll bite.

Naturally a 60fps option would be a must

Last edited:

Kacho

Gold Member
I love how articles like this will call this person a leaker and name drop them like you're supposed to know who the fuck this is. Then you check the actual account and its literally nothing,you can even see them delete the "leaks" that didn't pan out.
Please be excited.

But yeah, can’t help but laugh at these Z tier gaming sites using random tweets for articles. They’re scraping the bottom of the barrel with news being so slow.

A next gen version of RDR2 isn’t even an interesting “leak” anyway. It’s a reasonable assumption.

Justin9mm

So from their end they patch it to add a 1440p/60 performance mode, maybe implement the same HDR as in GTAV current gen version, add a few dualsense feedback features and naturally will be faster loading give it will be native PS5/SX app and they will sit there and go yep, standalone release $70 thank you.

Fuck. You. R*.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Wasn’t the rumour a RDR1 remake in the RDR2 engine was in development? I could see the two bundled together for $70.

rofif

Banned
That's Rockstar. They will want people to buy new 60$ version I bet....
That game needs 4k more than 60fps. It's so slow

Last edited:

Freeman76

Please let this be true, one of my all time favourites and i been holding off on a second run in case they do this. Knowing R* it will be 2024 if its true tho

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
O boy, a Rockstar next gen edition! That can only end up great and not in any way a total disappointment!

iu

Filben

I wonder if Rockstar with all of it billions of dollars will finally update the DLSS on the Rockstar launcher now that an upgraded version is coming out for console.

Never again will I not buy the steam version. I guess Rockstar likes giving away a percentage of sales to Valve because they've made it so no one should ever use their store again.
Wait, what's going on? I have the Rockstar Launcher version. Does this version NOT support DLSS?

Tommi84

Waiting for 60fps. Tried playing now and nah, this game NEEDS 60fps.

Unless it's paid 60bucks. Then, they can suck my horse hoof.

Last edited:

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
Yeah. I'm one of THOSE that don't give a shit.
How? 30fps is disgusting. Everything feels like playing through sludge after you experience 60fps. Impossible to go back.

Edit I'd definitely buy a full priced next gen release for this. It's greedy as fuck business practices but I just can't help myself buying into this shit.

Last edited:
same shitty rumor different day

from november last year ...
Whether it’s legit rumour or not it doesn’t matter.

Rockstar look for anyway they can to milk money these days, and RDR2 next-gen port is a good opportunity.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
its Rockstar ffs, it'll be barely indistinguishable from where i sit on the couch and play and the fuckers will full price it

I still need to get back to it, the game looks great and I'm sure the story is as good as people say but something didn't click with me for the first time with a R* game, I was overwhelmed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom