• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PS5, Xbox Series X Version Could Be in the Works

DaGwaphics

Settings bump. 1440p 60 Hz and 2160p 30 Hz modes.

Faster loading. DualSense.

Done.

$70 RDR2 PS5

That wouldn't be a bad patch.

This is why I didn't pick up RDR2 in the recent sales, you have to figure they are going to separate the current-gen patch into a unique sku. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

schaft0620

Don't forget a Red Dead 1 and 2 Remaster leaked on Amazon with box art. They already have some of the first game done in Red Dead 2. They don't need to re-record VO, they can re-use a lot of the SFX from RD2.

Last edited:

xacto

Vampyr got the "next-gen" treatment, and soon also Snowrunner will. Just pointing out two games which don't come from a giant like Rockstar. But as someone already mentioned, looking at what Rockstar thinks such a patch is - looking at you, GTA V - I won't hold my breath.

Kssio_Aug

safe for work cat GIF

Nah... I'm currently playing and will not wait. God only knows when they will release, if that's not just a baseless rumor. Coming from Rockstar, I will actually be surprised if it ever happens, instead of them release a "brand new" PS5/SX edition.

Arioco

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

With 1080p textures, lighting, shadows, draw distance, etc..

Bump that shit up to the PC ultra settings for all of the above at 4K/30. But I won't hold my breath.

The game looks amazing on One X anyways. On PS4 Pro though... 🙄 They should've gone for 1440p with a good AA solution and drop that crappy checkerboard they used. At times it looks worse than the PS4 version which is only 1080p.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The game looks amazing on One X anyways. On PS4 Pro though... 🙄 They should've gone for 1440p with a good AA solution and drop that crappy checkerboard they used. At times it looks worse than the PS4 version which is only 1080p.
I saw it on a One X, it looks decent. Same textures, lighting, etc, as the PS4Pro.

I also see it on my PC. That is a substantial upgrade in all of the above at 4K, that these consoles should have no issue obtaining. Why settle for last gen profiles when they can do so much more?

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
The shock! I never saw this coming! /s

I would even hazard a guess that not only will it come to PS5 but it will also come to PS6! Rockstar have released GTA V across 3 generations of consoles. They will milk their games and people will lap it up.

Kupfer

As it stands, there are no native PS5 or Xbox Series X versions of Red Dead Redemption 2 available, though playing the game on the newer hardware does result in better performance.
What? "Better performance" just more stable 30fps or any other improvements?
Would love to dive back into the game and start a new playthrough, but I won't be playing the PS4 version again. As impressed as I was with the game on hardware, 30fps doesn't work no more in 2022.

kyliethicc

Wasn't the Xbox one x version already native 4k? Series X should be able to do 4k60
Wouldn’t you rather have higher fidelity settings? The consoles are basically on low/medium.

I’ll give Alex from DF some credit - this is a good video,

Look at some PC benchmarks. RDR2 2160p high settings is heavy.

Consoles could probably deliver a solid 30 Hz, but for a 60 mode they’d need to lower settings or resolution.

I’d rather play it at the highest settings possible for the console. 1440p 60 would be fine.

IyLCS6j.jpg

It already looks fantastic running on series x - just completed 1st time. Even red dead redeption 1 patch looks bearable until you jump on the horse.... those animations are like watching a mechanical puppet after the silky transitions of rdr2

yamaci17

Wouldn’t you rather have higher fidelity settings? The consoles are basically on low/medium.

I’ll give Alex from DF some credit - this is a good video,

Look at some PC benchmarks. RDR2 2160p high settings is heavy.

Consoles could probably deliver a solid 30 Hz, but for a 60 mode they’d need to lower settings or resolution.

I’d rather play it at the highest settings possible for the console. 1440p 60 would be fine.

IyLCS6j.jpg

high settings do not provide any substantial improvements over console settings

game looks pretty ugly at 1440p. it only looks good at 4k, only and only. that is why Rockstar put an emphasis on native 4k on xbox one x. 4k+low/med+60 fps will be a much cleaner, pristine, beautiful experience than blurry, ugly ultra 1440p 60 fps experience

i can, if you want, provide you a "maxed out 1440p" versus "console settings 4k" comparison. you would be shocked.

important note: not everyone plays with %400 magnifiers

Last edited:

kyliethicc

high settings do not provide any substantial improvements over console settings

game looks pretty ugly at 1440p. it only looks good at 4k, only and only. that is why Rockstar put an emphasis on native 4k on xbox one x. 4k+low/med+60 fps will be a much cleaner, pristine, beautiful experience than blurry, ugly ultra 1440p 60 fps experience

i can, if you want, provide you a "maxed out 1440p" versus "console settings 4k" comparison. you would be shocked.
Nah. Settings bumps can make a nice improvement. Higher resolution is nice too, tho.

Hence the idea of a 4K fidelity mode, and then a 60 Hz performance mode. Trade offs.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nah. Settings bumps can make a nice improvement. Higher resolution is nice too, tho.

Hence the idea of a 4K fidelity mode, and then a 60 Hz performance mode. Trade offs.
You know what else is 1440p upscaled to 4K at 60fps and is discernable to native 4K?

Demon's Souls. And that is one of the cleanest IQs out there.

So the whole, "it will look like shit at 1440p" isn't true, if done correctly.

kyliethicc

You know what else is 1440p upscaled to 4K at 60fps and is discernable to native 4K?

Demon's Souls. And that is one of the cleanest IQs out there.

So the whole, "it will look like shit at 1440p" isn't true, if done correctly.
Yup. And hey if they can manage to do a 4K60 mode, that’d be cool too.

Idk just seems it would be too heavy if they also want to boost overall fidelity.

Just patching the One X version to run at 60 FPS is like the bare minimum they could do. I hope they can do more.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Rockstar are masters at squeezing every penny out of their games and getting you to double dip.

Console launch —> PC launch on Rockstar launcher —-> Steam version —-> another console version

Bankai

I would love to replay it at 60fps, with more stable godrays and performance RT.

A higher framerate would definitely make it feel less sluggish.

GTA 5 at 60fps performance RT is great as well, feels SO much better!

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Nintendo COULD be working on a new Mario game. To hear more real possibilities, don’t forget to like and subscribe

Last edited:

Hey Blinkin

The only thing it really needs is a 60fps mode. It looks and plays great as is though, at least on the Series X.

If they add a few additional bells and whistles, I'd definitely play it again.

Top Bottom