• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PS5, Xbox Series X Version Could Be in the Works

Shmunter

So from their end they patch it to add a 1440p/60 performance mode, maybe implement the same HDR as in GTAV current gen version, add a few dualsense feedback features and naturally will be faster loading give it will be native PS5/SX app and they will sit there and go yep, standalone release $70 thank you.

Fuck. You. R*.
Well if they go for the $10 upgrade again it would be attractive

Last edited:

Killer8

game looks pretty ugly at 1440p. it only looks good at 4k, only and only. that is why Rockstar put an emphasis on native 4k on xbox one x. 4k+low/med+60 fps will be a much cleaner, pristine, beautiful experience than blurry, ugly ultra 1440p 60 fps experience

ydZT7Mz.gif

Metnut

I played on PS4 and it was one of my favorite games last gen. Game already looked next gen.

RDR2 is farrrrr too long for me to replay it, especially for just higher res and frame rate, but would be cool for others who want to dive in again. Would love to see more new games from Rockstar. Give us a 30-40 hour game every 2 years instead of 80 hour games every 5 years.

every other company gives u free Frame rate, resolution bumps and HDR after a year. Meanwhile the company making the most money thinks about allowing you to purchase these upgrades 5 years later for full price

Hustler

I’ve been waiting for a 60fps patch to keep playing the game. I’ve only played maybe 5 hours and was sucked into other games at the time.

Justin9mm

Well if they go for the $10 upgrade again it would be attractive
I don't mind $10 or $15 upgrade at worst. I was surprised with how much they charged for GTV current gen at launch considering you didn't even need to own the original for that price but hard to justify full price with how old the game is considering the disastrous GTA Trilogy release. Here's to hoping they are now aware how they are being perceived and their decisions in future are somewhat more consumer friendly. I know RDR2 upgrade won't be free so hopefully it will be a small fee.

I'm actually right near the end of the story and haven't completed all the side quest stuff so I'm just waiting to hear if there is going to be any upgrade coming! I would really love 60fps.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
hopefully they fix the input lag and the awful slooooowwwwwwwwpoke animations.

93xfan

Banned
Mario Kart 14 could be in development at some point in the future. Should I make a new thread about this?

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I’ve been waiting for a 60fps patch to keep playing the game. I’ve only played maybe 5 hours and was sucked into other games at the time.
I played for about 5-6 hours on release, put it down and then not until about September last year did I pick it up again and I could not put it down. Admittedly I stopped again after getting right near the end of the story and still have some side quest stuff but there was a long stint where that's all I was playing. Initially the game did not grab me but I'm so glad I did pick it up again. This game will definitely suck you in.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
😡😡😡 more importantly than all this 4k 60fps ray tracing , we need a more diverse patch added to this game. I had to stop playing as was sick of playing as a straight white male emotional criple. If they can update it with a new main character that is Trans, or a woman that is toned like a light heavyweight boxer then im all in. Im literaly shaking typing this, i need to go chill out with my smoothie and stroke my vegan dog to calm down now.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
After enjoying this maxed out at between 70-90 FPS on PC, they would be stupid not to do this for Xbox Series X and PS5. It feels so much more responsive and with a game world as detailed as Red Dead 2 it really does add to the experience.

Seems like an easy win to me.

Last edited:

ButchCat

Just fix the frame rate drops in Valentine and Saint-Denis before the end of this gen that's all R*.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
I don't pretend like my eyes are being damaged while playing. I'd play it at 240i and an un-steady 15 fps, for reference. Savvy?
Shocked Nicki Minaj GIF by Vevo
Wouldn't you rather play a Series S optimized +1080p version tho? Because you seemed to act like the game is just fine as it is on the Series S when that's simply not the case, since we're talking about the least performant of all versions and one with much, much more room for improvement given the superior hardware vs the OG XOne consoles.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
In two months, it would be a year since they updated the game (RDO). Not even bug fixes they implemented well over a year ago (like the hula hoop gunbelts).

Either something is in the works, or they fubar'ed their model so much, almost 50million or more in sales is not worth looking at with a company that employs thousands.

Bought this on PC as its on sale on Steam. It controls so much better on PC that it feels like a new game for me. can’t wait to properly sink my teeth into it.

SSfox

RDR2 is an absolute masterpiece and one of the best game of the generation. I wanted this but lost total hope on gtaonlinestar, this company is a trashy joke that cannot make anthing new that isn't relate somehow to that shitty trash old AF gtaonline thing, my twittter has been so much better since i unfollowed those dumb clowns last year.

SSfox

For those who has hard time to play the game, i highly recommend change control setting, the default settings are just so bad it's not even funny, when you set up well your control the game become much better and more fun to play.

Catphish

All I want is a remaster of RDR, sewn into RDR2, so that when you play it, you start with Arthur, then pick up with John, and it's all just one seamless experience.

This seems like a fkin no-brainer to me.

But I'm no developer. Maybe there are technical limitations to doing this, I dunno. If not, I can't see that being anything other than a massive success.

There was a rumor that the remake red dead redemption was dropped due to The poor reception of the Trilogy DE might be a reason behind that decision.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Total nonsense. The 2 arent even a relative comparison. Nobody with any sense woulď believe that they would throw months of work away just because an outsourced remaster got a bad reception
One would hope. All I know is, I had zero interest in a GTA remaster whereas I am all in on a remaster of RDR1 and 2. Hell, if they updated RDO, I’d still be playing it.

Crayon

Oh yeah. Gta5 changed their game. Rdr2 is not just one game, but a service, multiple repackagings, remasters and interesting updates. They're doing their own thing here selling a game for like ten years. Nintendo can get away with that without even changing the game...

I think it's interesting and clearly makes tons of money while maintaining top quality in the games.

😡😡😡 more importantly than all this 4k 60fps ray tracing , we need a more diverse patch added to this game. I had to stop playing as was sick of playing as a straight white male emotional criple. If they can update it with a new main character that is Trans, or a woman that is toned like a light heavyweight boxer then im all in. Im literaly shaking typing this, i need to go chill out with my smoothie and stroke my vegan dog to calm down now.
I know what you're saying, but a Sadie Dlc would have been unironically based

Justin9mm

Settings bump. 1440p 60 Hz and 2160p 30 Hz modes.

Faster loading. DualSense.

Done.

$70 RDR2 PS5
Lol.. Don't forget the fixed HDR implementation.

They knew it was broken and the fact they never bothered to patch it says everything about R* as a dev.

soulbait

When will R* be inclusive and cater rdr 2 for people with the attention span of a goldfish :(

I have tried more than 3 times to get into this game, but I just can't. The character controls are just awful and so slow. They spent too much time trying to simulate real life versus making it a fun game experience in my opinion. I tried to get into it, but just couldn't.

The game looks great, but I just could never find the "fun" the keep me in it. Just was not one for me.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Rockstar takes eons to do anything. Hell, the game has not had a single patch fixing issues in over a year. Even at 50 million sold.

Bunch of hacks.

So they outsource to even more hacks, with a FUBAR version... and THAT would be the reason?

Yeah, thank goodness RDR1 dodged the Grove Street cartoon bullet of shit. Would rather have no remaster than the trainwreck joke that turned out to be.

Last edited:
I have tried more than 3 times to get into this game, but I just can't. The character controls are just awful and so slow. They spent too much time trying to simulate real life versus making it a fun game experience in my opinion. I tried to get into it, but just couldn't.

The game looks great, but I just could never find the "fun" the keep me in it. Just was not one for me.
The controls definitely could have been better.... Tapping A/X to sprint on foot/horse was fucking retarded for example.... But you're really missing out on what's truly a special game man

Top Bottom