• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption for PC? Evidence listed on Windows Compatibility Webstie.

SparkTR

It would not surprise me to see Red Dead and GTAV 'HD Remasters' for PC/next gen. Seems like an easy source of cash from a publisher that definitely could use it.

joeblow

Never played it since I figured an HD version would show up one day Hopefully my patience is finally rewarded like it will be for The Last of Us.

liquidtmd

Banned
E3 Rockstar:

GTAV; Definitive edition announced for PC/PS4/X1 - September to mark 1 year of V
RDR Definitive edition announced for PC/PS4/x1: End of November

RDR 2 Announced For Mid May 2016

Believe.

Horns

Triple-dip.jpg

Had it on the 360 and PS3. I will buy it again for the pc.

Same here. I played through and beat GTA IV, RDR & GTA V on every single platform it released on. I plan to continue this trend if RDR comes to PC and eventually with GTA V.

I would so be all over this day one, and I know a ton of other people who would be, too.

I don't know if any Rockstar devs frequent the forum, but if you do, hear me out: If you release Red Dead Redemption for PC, you will not regret it and we PC gamers would be forever grateful!

Grief.exe

I would so be all over this day one, and I know a ton of other people who would be, too.

I don't know if any Rockstar devs frequent the forum, but if you do, hear me out: If you release Red Dead Redemption for PC, you will not regret it and we PC gamers would be forever grateful!

I've never heard a developer regret a PC release.

the game is complete shit

that being said, it is possible RDR2 is around the corner and R* wants to release a HD version on the new consoles and PC.

It always irked me that one of the games that Rockstar makes that would get the most benefit from being on PC wasn't on PC. The long, flat desert with some increased draw distances and sharper resolution would be phenomenal on PC.

Max draw distance + 16x AF FTW.

MMaRsu

Banned
My cousin of a friends former room mate knows a guy's nephew's sister who works at capcom and said that Capcom are working on a new Megaman game!!!!

No Joke

Uhm better believe it. Her cousin works at R*. She's not undrr NDA. Her cousin told her they are working on Red Dead. She's not a gamer and she has no reasons to lie. Take it with a grain of salt but she has connections. She wears r* shirts that noone else has ( or at least ive never seen them online ).

Take this with a grain of salt but a nephew of a co-worker works at Rockstar. She said they are working on a new Red Dead Redemption game!!!! No joke

I can only assume they started porting this a while ago for PC, getting the code ready in a way that it would also be easily portable for the new consoles (last I heard the code for the game was poorly commented ? Making porting a difficult task). Maybe the PC version has been sitting in wait while they polish up the console versions .....

Then re-release on all 3 platforms with a bigger marketing budget to get maximum sales.

At least, that's the only thing that makes sense to me, that the game shows up on the MS page from a year a go.

Or I'm just dreaming. More likely nothing going to happen.

I REFUSE to believe it.

That way, when it turns out to be bullshit I am less disappointed.

If it turns out to be true then I am more surprised/excited.

Grief.exe

I think I recall Epic being unsatisfied with Gears of War numbers. That was a self-inflicted problem on their part though, they shouldn't have used GFWL drm.

That is true, Cliffy and Epic came out with statements on how poorly the Gears of War PC port had performed. Of course, blaming consumers.

In reality, they were using one of the worst DRM systems of all time that actually forced players to pay for XBL Gold at the time to access online play.

Vitor711

I think I recall Epic being unsatisfied with Gears of War numbers. That was a self-inflicted problem on their part though, they shouldn't have used GFWL drm.

Also, things are so different now. I'd be shocked not to see more multiplatform games consistently getting good PC ports.

A remastered RDR/GTA V on current gen and PC makes total sense. Fingers crossed. Keep meaning to get back to RDR, this would give me more motivation than I currently have with the 360 copy sitting across from me.

UrbanRats

That is true, Cliffy and Epic came out with statements on how poorly the Gears of War PC port had performed. Of course, blaming consumers.

In reality, they were using one of the worst DRM systems of all time that actually forced players to pay for XBL Gold at the time to access online play.

Lol,really? One copy sold was one copy too,many then.
Keep that crap out of the PC space, thank you.

You could always play for free through, but on "List Play" thing, rather than matchmaking. The matchmaking side was behind the paywall, but that was reversed later on.

Agreed though, GoW PC was a mess, it was broken as fuck on release, and that was primarily down to GFWL (it would crash the game 10 seconds into launching it, depending on where you launched it). Patches were slow thanks to certification, and the game had significant performance issues at the time, a really bad stuttering problem, which was seemingly inherent to the engine at the time (it could run at 60 FPS no problem, but with hitches galore). The multiplayer split between ranked, unranked and list play killed it, along with no official text chat method (had to console command it). I also kept being unable to make the game run with full settings on, because it may work on first launch, but on subsequent launches, the game would display lower quality settings, even though the highest were still selected. Dont forget Xbox Live isn't available in many countries, limiting many from getting online.

Game looked fucking great though, and controlled beautifully. I would love to see a Steamworks re-release with these issues fixed, and preferably a singular MP playlist (2 max) so the pool of players was bigger. Also tidying up some UI issues. I really think it would sell well if they did this .....

Deadbeat

Banned

Oh dont worry Epic blamed PC gamers again for not buying Bulletstorm. Funny how the problem only happens to their games.

Fractal

Banned
I've pretty much lost all hope of this ever happening, so it'll take much more than another rumor to get my hopes up again. I mean, it's been exactly 4 years since the game was first released...

That said, RDR is one of the few console games of the last gen I really miss not having on the PC, played it on my PS3 a while ago and it was awesome, but the technical issues were really getting in the way. Would love to give it a PC treatment, but as I said, doubt I'll ever get the chance.

Gbraga

I wish I was optimistic enough to get excited, but eh, don't think it's gonna happen.

Not that I wouldn't love to be wrong...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've never heard a developer regret a PC release.

Image & Form made no secret of its disappointment with how SteamWorld's PC release was received, but saying that it regrets porting the game would likely be overstating things a bit.

Top Bottom