• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption for PC? Evidence listed on Windows Compatibility Webstie.

jkanownik

I interviewed with a diverse group of people at Rockstar a while ago. I spent 50% of the interview pitching them on a PC/next gen version of Red Dead. I gave them an explicit list of improvements I would make, told them why it made a compelling consumer proposition and why it made sense for them from a financial perspective. I knew I was going off the interview rails, but I really want a PC/next gen Red Dead.

Toparaman

Banned
It's an actual fan project, but yeah I think said RDR listing is fake from the bad spelling alone.

The listing is not as ridiculous as it seems at first glance: SMBX is a fan-made "tribute game".

Yeah, and it looks like an excellent one at that. But the reason why I linked to that specific one is: look at the links to Homepage, Support, and Contact. It's all Nintendo, not the actual site for SMBX.

The accuracy on this Microsoft site is not very good.

8bit

Knows the Score
I interviewed with a diverse group of people at Rockstar a while ago. I spent 50% of the interview pitching them on a PC/next gen version of Red Dead. I gave them an explicit list of improvements I would make, told them why it made a compelling consumer proposition and why it made sense for them from a financial perspective. I knew I was going off the interview rails, but I really want a PC/next gen Red Dead.

I'm going to guess you didn't get the job.

Copons

Kinda left speechless.
I don't care if this is a fake, I just want to believe SO hard... :'(

RDR is absolutely my favourite last gen game and I don't even own it cause I stealth borrowed from a rich friend who didn't even notice it was gone until I gave it back to him a couple of months later, so I want to play it again so bad since forever now.
Plz Rockstar I'll buy it even if you throw your customary stack of bs DRMs over it. :'(

Foaloal

I can't hold it back any more; I'm going to believe in this even though it isn't really proof.

It just makes so much sense.

A lot of people have speculated that GTAV will come to PC when they make a "definitive edition". A graphically updated version makes a lot of sense so they can sell the game again to people on PS4 and XBone. This would explain the large amount of time that GTAV is taking to get to PC compared to GTAIV.

Now, I'd long since given up hope on ever seeing RDR on PC but if they were putting work into porting/updating their most recent version of their engine for PC, I assume some of that work would also be usable for an updated RDR port, which they could again sell to PS4/XBone gamers as well as on PC.

There's such a good chance this is nothing, and RDR and even GTAV might never come to PC, but to me it makes so much sense for them to release a graphically updated version of these games that I think if they don't do this they're basically throwing money in the garbage.

jkanownik

I'm going to guess you didn't get the job.

Recruiter pitched san diego as an option. Interview made it very clear they wanted the position in NY. They handed me lemons and I tried to make lemonade. Hopefully we all get to drink some of that lemonade.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, and it looks like an excellent one at that. But the reason why I linked to that specific one is: look at the links to Homepage, Support, and Contact. It's all Nintendo, not the actual site for SMBX.

The accuracy on this Microsoft site is not very good.

As I said before, I'm not entirely convinced that the listing is indicative of the existence of a PC port, but there is quite a gulf between using the wrong external links and making a page for a product that doesn't exist at all.

sant

Why does everyone seem to want remasters rather than new games at this point? I'd rather have them be working on a new red dead

leadbelly

Banned
Hmmm... not even Watch Dogs is on that list and that is fairly close to release. Seems odd that Red Dead would be on the list already considering we have heard nothing.

iMSu5qeAIgp3O.jpg

You poor, poor bastards. It's been three years.

This shit ain't ever coming out on PC.

I only play some oldschool and indie games on PC and except those i don't like gaming on PC at all but i hope this is true. There are PC only folks there and i hope they can experience this awesome game. Not only it has great gameplay, it also has one of the best stories of the last gen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why does everyone seem to want remasters rather than new games at this point? I'd rather have them be working on a new red dead

They likely are, but Rockstar games take a long time to come out due to them being the biggest sticklers for little details in the entire industry.

This would be a good way to remind people about Red Dead before announcing a new one, and if it comes on PC, it would get people interested in the sequel if it were to appear on PC. Also, Rockstar would probably farm it out to someone else to do the port. Likely whoever's doing GTA V(because we know they are)

Lazaro

I found some more information on the Partner Submission FAQ.

What's required to make updates or submit new products?
For products and updates to be eligible, you must:
Be a representative of the software publisher or device manufacturer
Know the current compatibility status with Windows 8, Windows RT and/or Windows 7 for the product you are submitting
Provide complete information we can verify (please use your corporate email address in the registration step).

Note: Products that have passed certification requirements do NOT need to be resubmitted. Microsoft will automatically list such products in the Windows Compatibility Center catalogue

Will all new product submissions and updates get listed on the Windows Compatibility Center?
No. All product submissions must be verified by Microsoft before getting listed. If you’ve recently updated a compatibility status for a product or submitted a new product, you will not see these updates until after they have been validated and approved for publication.

And this interesting bit:

Do our products have to pass the Windows Certification requirements to get listed in the Windows Compatibility Center?
No, partners can submit compatibility status for their products without getting them certified. Millions of users visit the Windows Compatibility Center each month to find compatibility information for their apps and devices. Your input helps our mutual customers get accurate and up-to-date compatibility information.

I'm still quite confused on how apps are verified. From what I understand "Red Dead Redemption" must have been an actual program to be added to the compatibility centre like "Super Mario Bros X" but the thing is; Super Mario Bros X is an actual downloadable program (although not officially from Nintendo) and Red Dead Redemption is not.

MMaRsu

Banned
Take this with a grain of salt but a nephew of a co-worker works at Rockstar. She said they are working on a new Red Dead Redemption game!!!! No joke

Take this with a grain of salt but a nephew of a co-worker works at Rockstar. She said they are working on a new Red Dead Redemption game!!!! No joke

My cousin of a friends former room mate knows a guy's nephew's sister who works at capcom and said that Capcom are working on a new Megaman game!!!!

No Joke

Dmented

Banned
Doubt it. Didn't they even lose some files that would be required for a PC port? Unless that was just bullshit.

Well they're definitely making an RDR2. It might make sense to create an RDR remaster to begin the hype, but I it can hype itself tbh. It might even detract from the wow factor of the new game if people see RDR1 at 1080p/60 first.

I would definitely like to play RDR1 again on PC though. The PS3 version gave me headaches.

Nethaniah

Would definitely replay this on system that can do it justice, RDR ran and played like shit on 360.

Still doubt this is true though, they've had plenty of time to release it, why now?

Nzyme32

Games For Windows Marketplace Live? That would be a small nightmare

Anyway, not convinced considering the many copy cat infringing titles on the windows store anyway. Hypothetically, of course I would like to play a lovely PC version if it happened

Nethaniah

My dream scenario would be to have it ported to the GTA 5 engine. The game's gonna look so good!

It's the same engine, they've made improvements to it sure but it's still RAGE.

Well then, those improvements are on a massive scale. It feels 'next-gen' on the current-generation systems.

That's what good lighting can do, the game looks way more impressive than IV on PC despite the resolution and IQ issues, i doubt they would ever go as far as to put that into a RDR HD release but we can hope.

Edit: Like the people hoping for a pc release it will probably be for nothing.

Top Bottom