• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption for PC? Evidence listed on Windows Compatibility Webstie.

Het_Nkik

Is there any way to see how recently its been added and/or updated?

Google says the page went up August, 27 2013.

dZWVco9.jpg

I just digitally bought RDR on my old/fat PS3 since it was $5, and cant even install it cause of small HDD (have to delete either ICO or SotC)
And really dont even feel motivated to play it on PS3 because i know the loading times will irritate me and the resolution will too.
Not to mention my PS3 starts sounding like an airolane after its been on for a little.

PC version pls get announced @ E3, pls?

Take my 60 bucks and giiiiiiive it to me already. Been waiting for too long.

Doubt it. Didn't they even lose some files that would be required for a PC port? Unless that was just bullshit.

Didn't they somehow do a ghetto programming which wouldn't be possible to port to PC? Or was that some other game?

Would love this on PC so it could actually be modded into a fun game.

too harsh?

Nope, not too harsh. While I enjoyed RDR for what it is, it simply lacks direction. Just like GTA 5, it would have been a much better game when in a less open world evironment. Redemption's story is magnificent and should have been directed by more linear gameplay. All that random hunting, sidequests and flower picking made no sense and detracted from what could have been a masterpiece.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
WXC2jac.gif

I have it on PS3, but i'd gladly buy it again for PC. I want to mod the hell out of it.
Spawn animals everywhere, put some enb and first person camera mod.

Unfortunately the PS3 version is the worst version compared with the one in the 360.

Rosur

Oh God, oh God, please be true! Please please please!
This would be so awesome, paired with a summer 2014 release date.

Hoping for an official announcement at E3.

Yea expecting an E3 announcement if it happens. Would be nice if there ends up being a ps4 version as well of RDR

valkyre

4 frigging years later? Seriously? I mean its great for the people who never played this masterpiece, but I cant help but laugh that they remembered it 4 years later... lol

Tomodachi

Nope, not too harsh. While I enjoyed RDR for what it is, it simply lacks direction. Just like GTA 5, it would have been a much better game when in a less open world evironment. Redemption's story is magnificent and should have been directed by more linear gameplay. All that random hunting, sidequests and flower picking made no sense and detracted from what could have been a masterpiece.
I don't get this criticism. Last time I checked all those things were completely optional and you could finish the story just by hopping from a main mission to the next. Sounds like you simply don't like free-roam games.

Obeso

Banned
Too late. I gave up long ago and bought a ps3 for that.
I decided to always have a console for these games...

M.Steiner

Never expected us to get a PC release of RDR after all this time if I'm honest, I got tired of waiting for one and simply bought it for my PS3 instead. That being said I'd still love to see it on PC as well so I hope this turns out to be true.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I wonder if his would be part of a "HD" release along versions for PS4 and XBone. In fact, would be cool if they announced this and GTA5 coming to PC and current gen at E3.

Would be pretty sweet for everyone, PC players want RDR and GTA5, a number of console gamers have been waiting for a GTA5 port too and RDR on top of that would be pretty sweet.

woen

Red Dead Redemption: Definitive Edition
Coming for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

inmydreams

I thought about it a few days ago when I played RDR on my PS3. It wasn't as gorgeous as I remembered...but a 1080p@60fps edition with enhanced textures, AA would be great.

I don't get this criticism. Last time I checked all those things were completely optional and you could finish the story just by hopping from a main mission to the next. Sounds like you simply don't like free-roam games.

Oh, free-roaming can be fun. Minecraft is a wonderful example.
I just have a more straight-forward approach to game design than my colleagues at Rockstar (or Bethesda, for that matter). I believe that extensive storytelling and free-roaming don't mesh well together.

Aruhamel

Banned
Oh, free-roaming can be fun. Minecraft is a wonderful example.
I just have a more straight-forward approach to game design than my colleagues at Rockstar (or Bethesda, for that matter). I believe that extensive storytelling and free-roaming don't mesh well together.
Or you just write a story that gives your character a plausible reason to do lots of free-roaming. And you come up with free-roaming content that's actually meaningful rather than 'collect the collectibles'.

shandy706

I'll keep hoping and wishing this is true.

I hope it is so I can play it with the amazing controls, physics, and game engine Rockstar puts into their games ;).

sharnaak

If it's true I just hope they are actually spending some time on it to avoid the disaster that their gta IV port was.

That said, yes please. Collector-whatever-edition day 1.

Or you just write a story that gives your character a plausible reason to do lots of free-roaming. And you come up with free-roaming content that's actually meaningful rather than 'collect the collectibles'.

The problem is that it hasn't been done (properly) yet. I'd even go as far as to boldly claim that it can't be done.

bill0527

Didn't they somehow do a ghetto programming which wouldn't be possible to port to PC? Or was that some other game?

Yep. Thats why I don't think it'll ever get a PC release. The game was developed during a lot of turmoil at R* when the media started picking up on all the horror stories of crunch time. Most everyone that worked on the game left the company after it shipped and one interview I read with a former employee said the game code was literally held together by a shoestring. I don't ever expect a PC release because it sounded like it would take a massive reworking of the game code and the game was lucky it even shipped in a playable state on consoles.

prudislav

Oh God, oh God, please be true! Please please please!
This would be so awesome, paired with a summer 2014 release date.

Hoping for an official announcement at E3.

E3 is pretty much america-centric and console-centric expo - so if something they will announce Nextgen ports there with PC silently confirmed in some hidden press release

Havel

I found some more information on the Partner Submission FAQ.

What's required to make updates or submit new products?
For products and updates to be eligible, you must:
Be a representative of the software publisher or device manufacturer
Know the current compatibility status with Windows 8, Windows RT and/or Windows 7 for the product you are submitting
Provide complete information we can verify (please use your corporate email address in the registration step).

Note: Products that have passed certification requirements do NOT need to be resubmitted. Microsoft will automatically list such products in the Windows Compatibility Center catalogue

Will all new product submissions and updates get listed on the Windows Compatibility Center?
No. All product submissions must be verified by Microsoft before getting listed. If you’ve recently updated a compatibility status for a product or submitted a new product, you will not see these updates until after they have been validated and approved for publication.

And this interesting bit:

Do our products have to pass the Windows Certification requirements to get listed in the Windows Compatibility Center?
No, partners can submit compatibility status for their products without getting them certified. Millions of users visit the Windows Compatibility Center each month to find compatibility information for their apps and devices. Your input helps our mutual customers get accurate and up-to-date compatibility information.

I'm still quite confused on how apps are verified. From what I understand "Red Dead Redemption" must have been an actual program to be added to the compatibility centre like "Super Mario Bros X" but the thing is; Super Mario Bros X is an actual downloadable program (although not officially from Nintendo) and Red Dead Redemption is not.

Quoting this so more people can see.

zma1013

It always irked me that one of the games that Rockstar makes that would get the most benefit from being on PC wasn't on PC. The long, flat desert with some increased draw distances and sharper resolution would be phenomenal on PC.

Top Bottom