• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption for PC? Evidence listed on Windows Compatibility Webstie.

llamarawk

Is this confirmed or just speculation? Either way, what a cruel thread. Of course it feels too little too late and everyone would love this version but really it just means RDR2 is farther down the road. Would this come out after GTA5 PC too? Not going to do as well that way. The only reason this port is legit this late in the game is how phenomenal the game was, which everyone played on last gen already.

Seriously. At this point I'm barely convinced that GTA5 is coming to PC let alone RDR.

For real. People keep stating that all GTA games have came to PC, but it has been more than 6 months and we haven't heard a legit peep about it. I wish Take Two would stop dicking around and tell us whether or not they are going to do it so I can either let my hype settle down or throw my money at the screen

Het_Nkik

That date could be about or for something else, though.

Well I don't know why Google would offer the option to sort searches by date if it doesn't work. That's definitely the page the OP linked to so it's not about or for anything else.

Eh. Mistake or something, the title is written as "Red dead redemption" .. Should be in caps. Compare this to GTAIV: Lost & the Damned: "Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned"

Eh. I.. just doubt it. The things I'd do for a:

- GTAIV
- Red Dead Redemption
- GTAV

mega ultra pack, released on PS4, XBox One, and PC. It'll just never happen. A year ago I would have said that GTAV on PS4/XboxOne and PC would have been a given, a sure thing. Now, I don't think so anymore. Rockstar has been completely silent about it, it's been, what 8 months since GTAV's release, and nothing. not a peep.

GTAV is coming to PC around the same time the PS4One release is, it wouldn't be shocking to see them pulling the same stunt on RDR.

And when are either of these things happening?

UncleO

Red Dead+GTA V combo pc pack.

I BELIEVE.

Obama-bucks-animated-money-gif.gif

-SD-

Banned
It reads "Red dead redemption", when it should read "Red Dead Redemption".

Therefore, I call that entry bullshit. Case closed.

Nevadatan

And then....it gets released with Games for Windows Live a week before the service closure.
BELIEVE

Not gonna happen. sorry. the game is already a programming clusterfuck that barely runs on the consoles. too much work.

At this point, I can't see it making much sense making a pc port. The RDR ship has sailed. But Rockstar probably learned their lesson and RDR2 will be on pc day one, or shortly thereafter.

Aruhamel

Banned
The problem is that it hasn't been done (properly) yet. I'd even go as far as to boldly claim that it can't be done.
Plenty of RPG's have done it just fine. The first Fallout has you go in search of a water chip, which could literally be anywhere in the world. Planescape: Torment has an amnesiac protagonist who recalls memories the more he experiences and engages with the world around him.

Aiming while on a horse would be much more manageable with mouse support, in turn making multiplayer/co-op better.

And if modders can bring back the homing throwing knife glitch, it'll be game of the gen, all gens

Braag

At this point, I can't see it making much sense making a pc port. The RDR ship has sailed. But Rockstar probably learned their lesson and RDR2 will be on pc day one, or shortly thereafter.

Knowing Rockstar, a year later sounds more like it.
Max Payne 3 was an exception though mainly because it had a strong PC following or something.

And I had to check OPs post date cause I thought this was a necro post when I saw the title.

Aiming while on a horse would be much more manageable with mouse support, in turn making multiplayer/co-op better.

And if modders can bring back the homing throwing knife glitch, it'll be game of the gen, all gens

If it comes, my spacebar is gonna get worn the fuck out from all the horse-riding. Rockstar needs to chill with the tap a to sprint stuff on PC at least.

RoKKeR

If this points to any sort of "Definitive Edition" coming to next gen and PC I will lose my shit.

Please Rockstar.

Proponent

Banned
BRING IT TO PS4 PLEASE. DAY 1111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

I'LL PAY 100$! NO LIE!

XD

Yep. Thats why I don't think it'll ever get a PC release. The game was developed during a lot of turmoil at R* when the media started picking up on all the horror stories of crunch time. Most everyone that worked on the game left the company after it shipped and one interview I read with a former employee said the game code was literally held together by a shoestring. I don't ever expect a PC release because it sounded like it would take a massive reworking of the game code and the game was lucky it even shipped in a playable state on consoles.

Ha, so I remembered right, thanks for that info!

Lazaro

I emailed the Windows Compatibility Centre via the Partner Submission portal yesterday. I asked if Red Dead Redemption was an actual program officially submitted by Rockstar Games or Microsoft. I also asked if its possible to submit an app under a company you have no affiliation with like the Super Mario Bros. X game. I asked them to verify Red Dead Redemption from Rockstar before emailing me back.

This is the response I received this morning:

"My apologies for the mistake.
I have removed this game from the catalog and should possibly get removed from Windows Compatibility Center by 5/13 or latest by 5/14."

That's it. The representative didn't say if it was official or not. Just that's its listing was a mistake.

Lazaro

This should have been obvious from the start. Simple searches for Nintendo and their properties, all of which link to official sites should have made it abundantly clear.

I wonder what program exactly Microsoft were reviewing for the listing to be considered "Red Dead Redemption" and placed under Rockstar Games.

EDIT: Super Mario Bros X is an actual downloadable fan-made game (NOT by Nintendo) whereas Red Dead Redemption is not.

Nevadatan

I emailed the Windows Compatibility Centre via the Partner Submission portal yesterday. I asked if Red Dead Redemption was an actual program officially submitted by Rockstar Games or Microsoft. I also asked if its possible to submit an app under a company you have no affiliation with like the Super Mario Bros. X game. I asked them to verify Red Dead Redemption from Rockstar before emailing me back.

I have removed this game from the catalog and should possibly get removed from Windows Compatibility Center by 5/13 or latest by 5/14."

That's it. The representative didn't say if it was official or not. Just that's its listing was a mistake.

the dream is dead

thats it, everybody can go home.

Gangxxter

Well, fuck.

Top Bottom