• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption Remake Could Be Releasing Early Next Year

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

QCtNXAu.jpg

vLUueGC.jpg

bUlTxy7.jpg

Md Ray

It'd be nice. After playing RDR2 (at launch) on PS4, I really wished we got a remake/remaster of RDR1 using the same engine. At present the only best way to experience the first game is through Xbox One X back-compat, and I don't have that console. The worst version being PS3's, which is what I played in 2016-17 (yeah, I was LTTP).

PC-only players haven't got a clue about the first game. It'll be a nice treat for them after finishing RDR2.

Dacon

Banned
I'd love it if it were true. Go full fanservice and give people the ability to unlock an ending where John doesn't die.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Oh it would be great if this was true. Being able to play through both games, & get the whole story, with all the modern bells & whistles would be fantastic. Love RDR.

GreyHorace

Seems unlikely, but I sure as shit would be down for a Red Dead 1 remake. Just need to redo some lines to better line up it's story with that of RDR 2's, specifically mentioning Arthur Morgan.

Jon Neu

Banned
I loved Red Dead Redemption 1, beat the game like 6 times, and I was bored to death with 2, finished only once skipped a lot of the side stuff and only liked the prologue of the game.

Funny, I haven’t managed to finish the prologue because it’s so fucking boring and once you change Arthur Morgan for John Marston, it‘s just not interesting anymore.

SUPERGGK

I really want this to be true. I really loved rdr and I want to play it again with a fresh coat of paint. Rdr and gta4 are my most favorite rockstar games of all time. They have such mature stories along with some of the most memorable, funny and charming characters ever. I really wish that rockstar would remake or atleast remaster these games on ps4 and ps5 as their output has been piss poor this whole gen.

Majukun

found the first game extremely boring and badly designed, but considered how much this game sold i'm probably the minority, so little hopes a remaster will also address the issues.

I finished rdr so I'm not really wanting a remake. It just seems like the industry is so full of remakes and remasters. Make new games damnit.

Although rdr in rdr2 graphics would be amazing, rockstar don’t really see big money in remakes or remasters. They get their big money from the online portions of their games, so i expect some updates for rdr 2 online. I just hope we get gta 6 next year, because the very fact that we haven’t had a current gen gta is shocking. Gta 5 is not really classed as current gen and hasn’t even been improved for ps4 pro, which is shocking considering how much time they dedicate to improving gta online.

It just seems like the industry is so full of remakes and remasters. Make new games damnit.

A lot of industries are like that these days (actually, maybe just games and movies..?). New IPs are risky as hell. Behind the scenes, there is a lot of stuff that is binned off before it gets into production because it's discovered it won't work. Even worse is when new IPs are near completion and the producers step back, take stock and realise it's crap.

Better to discover something doesn't work at the beginning, rather than the end.

So, that's why they're remaking stuff that worked, because they know it'll sell. I've less of an issue if they remake old stuff in order to finance new stuff.

Horizon Zero Dawn was considered very, very risky. There was even talk of replacing Aloy with a male lead, in case having a female lead led to lower than expected sales. God of War went through a number of changes, too. I believe that Atreus wasn't going to make the cut at one point, both due to the fear gamers might find him annoying and also for technical reasons.

So glad that Sony didn't bail on those games.

Inviusx

Ok we need to stop creating threads every time someone larps on 4chan as a "leaker". This is like the 5th one in week.

Saber

Gold Member
That would be incredibly terrible.

If they did a remake they would ruin the first one, by copying the second one. Thats basically transforming an action game into an "everything simulator".

I hope this rumor is false. Because this sounds like a hell of trash.

Last edited:
How about they fucking fix the existing version first. Undead Nightmare is still unplayable because of their last patch. Make that one playable again, then release your remake.

zcaa0g

Banned
Looks pretty damn good on XBOX X with the enhancements already. Of course, money can be made still on the PC and Playstation platform.

Nothing will replace the moment when i got off the train at Armadillo. The setting sun in far Horizon, a small town in the middle of nowhere. It was special. I still think the map design is better than rdr2 and overall a way better game/experience. Ill but it day one if its a proper remake.

dotnotbot

Rockstar India sounds fishy, although if you look at wiki they were established in 2016, worked on RDR2 only (obviously) and employ 500 people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom