• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption remaster reportedly in development

Paasei

I remember playing poker in a town in Mexico against some dudes. One of them was Wolf or Wolffe, something along those lines.
Always mad at me for winning and/or cheating with that suit you could get and fueled him so many times, rofl. Good times. Back then I could still entertain myself with shit like that for hours on end. Wonder if I still can.

This would be nice, Using the same tech they used for RDR2. It's still the best looking game to date and it's from 2018 now :D

Anything to avoid making that GTA6 without a proper leadership.

True, I think this is why the lads pretty much left and fair play to them they've made some cool stuff and good chunk of money at some point you have to wonder why keep going instead of just enjoying all that bank you made from it all.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
The first RDR is top. As much some here like RDR2, the game have loads of unecessary realism I particulary hated.

Same. Makes me worry for GTAVI. Will my car run out of fuel in GTAVI? Will I need to remember to feed my character? Will they add balls to the animals so I can see a dog's nuts shrink up in cold weather? Hopefully not.

Speaking of "no-brainer" am I the only one in disbelief that RDR2 has not seen a next gen patch? If a game ever could use the speed of the SSD for loading and streaming along with 4K support and 60fps, it's that game! WTF Rockstar?
You are not alone this pisses me off to no end. Rockstar treats its customers like shit. Rdr2 would benefit so much from 60 fps but they'd rather make us wait years for a remaster.

ParaSeoul

You are not alone this pisses me off to no end. Rockstar treats its customers like shit. Rdr2 would benefit so much from 60 fps but they'd rather make us wait years for a remaster.
60fps makes every time mechanic go twice as fast,idk if they fixed it. All of your meters just run out twice as fast.

JoeBudden

Remakes of Red Dead Redemption 1 and Demon's Soul = good

Remake of The Last of Us 1 = bad

Is it 'Oochie Wally' or 'One Mic'? All these games are from the same generation.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Fuck off R. Not gona give you a cent for re-selling the same games over and over.

”Making new IP’s? naah let our braindead fanbase keep on buying the same games they already bought before. Its way too easy.”

FFS people dont!!!

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Please be good and don't piss on my Corn Flakes.

Ro28Q6I.gif

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
They should sell it as DLC for RDR2. Could get away with charging $30-$40 for it. Build it in the RDR2 engine. The map is there, they'd have to finish building out Mexico and then script the missions. Voice assets can be imported from the original. This should be doable ... please don't give us an upscaled version of the original with texture updates and no GFWL ... give us the real deal on the beautiful RDR2 base.

Retinoid

Wasn't the supposed reason that RDR1 never released on PC because the code was an absolute cluster fuck? Given the popularity of remasters at the moment, they've obviously done a cost-benefit analysis where they think it's now viable to to clean it up.

Been hearing this since that clip surfaced a few months after launch where you in the epilogue of RDR2 you can hear the voice of epilogue protagonist's being used mistakenly.

Let's hope this turns out so many years later.

The first RDR is top. As much some here like RDR2, the game have loads of unecessary realism I particulary hated.
I loved the realism aspect. What I hated was the boring character of Arthur Morgan and the predictable story. RDR3 will be much better as it'll be a prequel about how the Gang was actually formed.

It still absolutely blows my mind that Rockstar’s reaction to the reception to the GTA remaster was to cancel the RDR remaster. It wasn’t “Hmm let’s look at the critical feedback to this remaster and make sure we get the next one right.”

Nope, let’s just cancel it!

So aggravating. Who is running that place?!

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Seems like a no-brainer. Half of the map of the first Read Dead Redemption is already present in the second one.
A PC version has been a no brainer for years. Can't believe it's taken this long. I don't care if the source code was a mess. It would have sold millions years ago on pc.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
A PC version has been a no brainer for years. Can't believe it's taken this long. I don't care if the source code was a mess. It would have sold millions years ago on pc.

True, luckily emulations is in a very good place these days PLUS there's a great Xbox One X patch. I can't imagine replying it on 360 or PS3.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
True, luckily emulations is in a very good place these days PLUS there's a great Xbox One X patch. I can't imagine replying it on 360 or PS3.

360 version on SX is fantastic at 4K but unfortunately locked to 30 FPS. Once you get used to the frame rate, it holds up remarkably well even now.

EDMIX

It still absolutely blows my mind that Rockstar’s reaction to the reception to the GTA remaster was to cancel the RDR remaster. It wasn’t “Hmm let’s look at the critical feedback to this remaster and make sure we get the next one right.”

Nope, let’s just cancel it!

So aggravating. Who is running that place?!

....soooooo you don't think that maybe it being cancelled was so they can make a remake instead?

Why would the continue on something that wasn't working out or was too dated to correct? That sounds like just feedback to me bud, if its not working ,scrap it and remake it or something. So cancelling a remaster doesn't mean they won't make it, it means they won't make THAT FUCKING REMASTER that was being worked on, they'd make a better one or remake it instead or something.

So that is making sure they "get the next one right" by starting on that "next one" right after and scraping the bad one lol

Its even more aggravating that you rushed to cry about this instead of sitting thing and actually thinking of WHY they'd do that. They don't want another GTA Trilogy on their hands so I'd say it makes sense for a remake vs a remaster and I think they made the right call. You'd just cry if it was some rushed shit anyway man lol

make new IPs.
Just make games, whatever is the IP.
2 games, 12 years, I mean ffs, make visual novels or sth.
Give me a 16 hour wide linear game every 2 years and I'm pretty satisfied.
You don't have to make the next big technical, reactive whatever shit you cook up every decade or so.
That kind of reactivity is wasted in a lot of ways in non RPG games

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
The fact that it runs at 4K30 on XSX means that you could afford to raise your standards a tad.
Frame rate is king for me. I would be happy to pay it just to play it again, I could certainly buy a PC to run it, with the way Sony and MS are dicking around, they may force my hand as that is really the most pro consumer choice out there going forward.

Top Bottom