• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption sold 15 million copies

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Take-Two answered a question about the lifetime sales of this title on their fiscal call.

It's pretty safe to guess that they're expecting more out of the third game.

Strauss H. Zelnick - Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.

Hey, Ben. Thank you. The first year for Red Dead, the last release was 8.5 million units and lifetime to-date is around 15 million units. We're not talking about our expectations except obviously we're incredibly excited about the title, not just Red Dead, also the online offerings to come. So Rockstar, we'll talk more about the title but obviously there's a great anticipation both on the part of ourselves and consumers. Lainie is going to talk about your second question.
Source: http://seekingalpha.com/article/404...wo-q3-2017-results-earnings-call-transcriptof

It's a neat game but it's clearly aged outside animation. I hope Rockstar abandons a story all together and really pursues a dynamic open world story that takes that reputation system to its logical conclusion. I think it'd be the coolest direction to go in.

Maxios

It's a neat game but clearly aged in this age. I hope Rockstar abandons a story all together and really pursues a dynamic open world story that takes that reputation system to its logical conclusion.

How would something like this work? Procedurally generated events involving various factions?

It's a neat game but it's clearly aged outside animation. I hope Rockstar abandons a story all together and really pursues a dynamic open world story that takes that reputation system to its logical conclusion. I think it'd be the coolest direction to go in.
I hope Rockstar doesn't listen to you

I hope Rockstar doesn't listen to you

I know they probably won't but my favorite moments of RDR's gameplay came from its AI driven reputation system. So its natural that I want them to do more with that open ended roleplaying experience and having a established character with a lot of baggage gets in the way of that hence why I suggested not bothering.

I know they probably won't but my favorite moments of RDR's gameplay came from its AI driven reputation system.
That stuff is awesome, I was just referring to abandoning the story. I should have bolded that part

Edit: just saw your edit. I think they can balance it, especially if it truly is a prequel where we will likely be doing more things along the line of bank robberies and stuff

Usobuko

Banned
Youtube Gaming community have been growing since RDR released and it's very natural to think every one of them that's kinda prominent will jump on the next RDR II bandwagon / hype train since it's a behemoth series at 15 millions sold already.

I'm assuming 20 million will be their bare minimum expectations and likely more like 25 - 30 million to be happy.

Which sounds insane but this is Rockstar and they are at a new level now

I would really like that instead of yet another open-world game that's actually linear.

Top Bottom