• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption stories emerge from court documents, including Houser panicking

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I never thought a thread about Court documents would be a classic in the making.

Love hearing about projects that barely got finished yet some how end up being a masterpiece.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Well this is certainly encouraging for their next game.

If true, then it's a shame that egos get in place of making great games. I had no idea that the Housers were auteurs. Now I feel like the next GTA is gonna suffer. With the RDR development problems, I hava no doubts things like that will repeat, without us even hearing about them.

Well I guess we know why RDR2 is taking so long

Also, this is kind of sad now that I'm remembering there were horror stories of employees and they were all let go immediately after it finished

Loomer

1ekK2jg.jpg

ThomYorke460.jpg

BUT WHO ARE MY REAL FRIENDS

HAVE THEY ALL GOT THE BENZ

Massa

While I don't doubt that RDR shaped up significantly during that final stretch of development, I think people are giving these emails more importance than they deserve. It's not uncommon for creators to think their work sucks and is in terrible shape - even after it's been released to great acclaim.

While I don't doubt that RDR shaped up significantly during that final stretch of development, I think people are giving these emails more importance than they deserve. It's not uncommon for creators to think their work sucks and is in terrible shape - even after it's been released to great acclaim.
When those leaks about working conditions at R* San Diego came out they all said the same thing, and made it clear that the people working on the game thought the final product would be a train wreck.

I worry about what this means for future GTA games. Rockstar make it look easy, but you only have to look at the competition to see just how far ahead of the game they are. What they do is exceptional, not routine, so I don't think it's as easy as just promoting someone else to that role. It certainly seems like Benzies was pretty amazing at his job (going by his track record, rather than the details in this case).

That definitely adds on to the stories of just how much of a disaster RDR's development was and the incompetence of management that they needed The Benz to bail them out. Housers being up their own asses sounds about right too.

Still loving "The Benz" a day later :D

Was gonna name my Dark Souls 3 character that. Went with BoogieKnights instead though. Maybe my next character...

Top Bottom