• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption Xbox store page updated! [UPDATE: never mind]

2c243ee8ef95f3dc8706e2c886798ee0.png

Red Dead Redemption's page on the Xbox Store was just updated and now it shows that the title will be compatible across all Xbox devices. That means that Red Dead Redemption will be playable on Xbox One, Xbox One S and Xbox Scorpio. The fact that they updated the page could mean a formal announcement is coming soon.

A few weeks ago Red Red Redemption was again playable on Xbox One for Preview members. All of these incidents point to the fact that it's ready and coming. Hopefully Rockstar or Microsoft will make a formal announcement soon. It's still odd how this game is obviously backward compatible but we can't play it. I wish Microsoft would just tell us what is going on.

Source: Reddit

http://www.icxm.net/x/red-dead-store-page-updated-on-xbox-across-devices-unified-store.html

BC on all Xbox One's or remaster announcement incoming?

Ganondorfo

This game is so loved by the internet hardcore community, because this game was the top answer to a thread named "best videogame of all time".

Is it because its from the makers of GTA or because people love the wild west theme?

KingBroly

Banned
This game is so loved by the internet hardcore community, because this game was the top answer to a thread named "best videogame of all time".

Is it because its from the makers of GTA or because people love the wild west theme?

The guys who made it have nothing to do with GTA. It's an amazing game all around.

It's not the best game of all time, though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
it's rockstar, they know they can dupe people into paying $60 for a 6 year old game over having BC to millions of people for free so it'll probably happen

It's Rockstar, meaning they only have so many resources to put out outside of their few titles they release in a generation and a remaster would be a large chunk of those resources when they could be working on something new instead.

GTA V was the exception because they were working on that while they were working on the console release and alongside the PC release down the road.

mdzapeer

Game deserves to be on PC, its currently languishing in 720p and below land.

I played the PS3 version, loved it but would love to play it on PC with high resolutions and hopefully high frame rates like GTAV. For example played GTAV on PC @100 fps at 1080p.

I hope it's announcement of RDR3 with Xbone BC for the original. Remaster is unnecessary, and I'd rather have a completely new Frontier to explore.

LowerLevel

I hope it's announcement of RDR3 with Xbone BC for the original. Remaster is unnecessary, and I'd rather have a completely new Frontier to explore.

I hope so too. I do like this game a lot, but not an additional $60 for a game I already have a lot...

The cover pic on the top is for the 360 version so finally the full BC announcement?

The store page has not been updated. That's how all store pages look in the new preview and all BC games show that they are available on all Xbox devices.

Squire

Banned
it's rockstar, they know they can dupe people into paying $60 for a 6 year old game over having BC to millions of people for free so it'll probably happen

That has nothing to do with it. The original game is a programming nightmare. So it's not trivial to port to new platforms on any level.

The store page has not been updated. That's how all store pages look in the new preview and all BC games show that they are available on all Xbox devices.

Welp.

At least this thread reminded me to install the preview update!

Yes.

I didn't realize just how much I wanted a game like it until I was playing it and got thoroughly and wonderfully lost in it all. Its my personal GOTF.

I would so love to see a current gen GTAV-esque remaster.

Yes.

I didn't realize just how much I wanted a game like it until I was playing it and got thoroughly and wonderfully lost in it all. Its my personal GOTF.

I would so love to see a current gen GTAV-esque remaster.

I live in Arizona, nearby classic old west town Tombstone (20 minutes away) Been there countless times. This game totally captures the western vibe and atmosphere like no other. A classic forever. If 2 is coming I hope it can recapture all this and more.

That's the key seeing how its not BC.... Yet

The store page can still be viewed if you followed it when it was available back in February. Microsoft removed the buy link and made it unavailable. In February the store page listed the game as 7GB, but is now only 500MB since Microsoft took it down. Nothing has been updated since then. I'm guessing that this store page is no longer being used during testing and will have a new one when it is actually available.

The Argus

Everyone wants that :D

I still don't know what they are waiting for, a current gen remaster on all platforms would easily sell millions.

A remaster of RDR similar to what GTA V had would take a ton of work. GTA probably had both gen releases being developed alongside each other. I'm happy with a RDR BC announcement stuck at the end of a RDR 3 premiere trailer.

Everyone wants that :D

I still don't know what they are waiting for, a current gen remaster on all platforms would easily sell millions.

As someone else mentioned, Rockstar had said a few times the code for the game was a complete mess. I'm going to assume that has something to do with it? You would think in six years R* would have worked around that and figured it out. Guess not?

I had this game since day one, I was incredibly hyped for it's release and went around asking if all my friends were going to get it.

I will never back down from saying it is one of the best games ever created, and quite possibly the best Rockstar Game ever, it's an absolute masterpiece!
Don't even get me started on Undead Nightmare, it is the best DLC ever made.

I would love to play this on PC, I would play a remaster all the time!

As someone else mentioned, Rockstar had said a few times the code for the game was a complete mess. I'm going to assume that has something to do with it? You would think in six years R* would have worked around that and figured it out. Guess not?
Yeah, I can believe the horror stories considering the development hell the game went through.

Maybe something like the anniversary treatment in Halo 1 and 2 is more realistic?

Top Bottom