• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Revolver now available for PS4

Linconan

Is up on PS4 Store, for those who's interested.
AU Store
2.37gig

Some redemption for the hype surrounding the Sony event atleast.

Jawmuncher

Why is rockstar like the only third party dev really pushing on ps2 classics? Others seem to be few and far between.

The weirdness of this game made it more enjoyable for me than Redemption. Then again, I like Acid Westerns more than the regular Westerns as it is.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
It was always weird going from Red Dead Revolver to Red Dead Redemption. I actually really liked the original game even if its an entirely different beast to what Rockstar created.

KodaRuss

I liked it a lot when it came out but I dont really remember much of it outside of the revolver/bullet time that they used.

This game and Gun came out close together and felt like the same game.

I hope Rockstar is actually working on a sequel to this franchise right now. I will be disappointed with anything else unless it is a new IP.

Simo

Why is rockstar like the only third party dev really pushing on ps2 classics? Others seem to be few and far between.

lol Because that's where the majority of their library is. Their output kind of dwindled when they got to PS3 and 360.

shanafan

CsKpa7EUAAAgtx9.jpg

Is that a real screenshot from the game? Why does the face look completely different from the rest of the body?

Unicorn

This was a great game. Multiplayer was a serviceable stand-in for those missing Goldeneye fun.

It was so spaghetti western in story. Very Tarantino esque.

Sad a lot of people don't actually like it.

Fury451

Banned
I'm buying it. I loved this game, one of my favorites still.

I only opened this thread to see if anyone claimed it's better than RDR

It's night and day. This is a good glimpse of when Rockstar didn't take everything so glumly serious. Redemption is great, still one of the best games ever imo, but I prefer Revolver.

Revolver was a fun, schlocky spaghetti Western that knew how ridiculous it was. Also surprisingly diverse main cast.

bender

What time is it?
Not sure if it holds up but I have found memories of this game. I'm a sucker for western themes though.

Unicorn

I'm buying it. I loved this game, one of my favorites still.

It's night and day. This is a good glimpse of when Rockstar didn't take everything so glumly serious. Redemption is great, still one of the best games ever imo, but I prefer Revolver.

Revolver was a fun, schlocky spaghetti Western that knew how ridiculous it was. Also surprisingly diverse main cast.
If I remember correctly it was an inherited project.

Revolver is not a good game. Redemption is like 10x better in almost every way.

But I still liked Revolver more. Fun 195.81 of a spaghetti western.

jett

D-Member
This game has better thought-out shooting mechanics than Redemption.

I liked this title back in the day. I have no clue how it holds up. I think the Xbox version ran at 60fps, so get that if you somehow can, or want. :p

soultron

Banned
It's not similar to Redemption at all, but it's such a good PS2-era action game. It's a bit rough around the edges in terms of control and camera at times, but it's a must for fans of weirder PS2 action stuff like GODHAND and such. The music is a treat too.

EDIT: also, OP, you should really edit your title to be more informative.

jett

D-Member
Oh just noticed this is a PS4 game, and not just a PS2 classic on PS3. I wonder how it runs/looks.

Top Bottom