• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Revolver now available for PS4

Tecnniqe

Banned
CsKpa7EUAAAgtx9.jpg

Is that a real screenshot from the game? Why does the face look completely different from the rest of the body?

lmao that face and cover art

I remember renting this when I was a kid because of the box art. Had a blast for the 3 or 4 hours I played of it. I remember getting to the carnival part and being a little freaked out.

It's a really weird game, especially considering how grounded its sequel is.

kc44135

So, how is this game? I'm well aware that it's completely different from Red Dead Redemption, but I've always been curious to check out Revolver regardless. What kind of game is this, exactly? Does it hold up?

Fury451

Banned
If I remember correctly it was an inherited project.

You are correct; from Capcom I believe, but my understanding is they basically revamped everything. You can see some Japanese influence with the over-the-top ideas (I always suspected that the carnival was leftover), but a lot of it was the PS2/Xbox era Rockstar at it's finest.

lmao that face and cover art

Part of the whole "love letter to Westerns" thing.

I believe it's based off of Josey Wales

13628217_1173252276030057_481366348_n.jpg

18-Volt

Yep, I'll triple dip. Amazing game, even better multiplayer. Best fun split screen deathmatch mode since Goldeneye and bot characters make things even better. Only two things are annoying: Unlocking every character is one tough job and Jack Swift. My god, please shut up, Jack.

Simo

Huh. All these years and I somehow missed Red Dead Revolver and didn't realize Redemption was a sequel :p

Yeah it was pretty decent at the time but then there wasn't really much to choose from for a good Western title and I don't think GUN was released till after Revolver.

Great little Spaghetti Western homage with tracks by Morricone, Baclov etc included and featured multiple playable characters. I haven't played it since it came out so I might have to grab it.

The title should be "RDR is now available on PS4"
Please MOD,grant my wish.

Now that'd be just mean...

Seems like Sony took it down

That's silly. It's like early morning in Australia right now right? So why would it matter if the store updated already?

Oh man. In my hearts of hearts i still believe we will get RDRR.

Since im without PS4 i downloaded RDR for replay after im done with Call of Juarez. The when i get Pro ill play Revolver. Damn it all the thirst for westerns is real, watched some old Clint Eastwood movies on Netflix and rewatched Tombstone again

Coda

So is this coming to NA tomorrow? I never really played this and it looks fun so I'd totally buy it.

I still remember when this game was in active development at Capcom and was being billed as Devil May Cry in the Wild West.

Riptwo

The instrumental version of the "His Name was King" theme song in the intro of this game is so good. I searched for this track forever with no luck, so I was really happy when Tarantino used the vocal version in Django Unchained and the original soundtrack became way easier to find.

While I think Redemption is a better game overall, I still prefer the overall style and vibe of Revolver to this day.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I'm just happy developers are supporting ps2---->ps4 classics. That was a really great generation, remember. Do you remember?

EA release Black and so on.

Linconan

Just been playing and streamed for alittle.

It's abit glitchy at times,
Kept Shooting even though i've stopped (rather that, than not shooting at all...yeah,lol), and on a train level wouldn't jump/crouch when want too and being stuck to walls/boxes.

..still love it though,lol, and better than nothing.

lupinko

I thought it was always an Angel Studios game with Capcom just publishing (which then changed when Rockstar bought them and they became Rockstar San Diego)

Capcom Japan staff worked on the game like Akira Yasuda, and apparently the game took ideas from Capcom's Gunsmoke.

I remember seeing Red Dead Revolver art on his blog like over a decade ago.

He was the character designer.

Top Bottom