• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Revolver's S.W.A.T. (Capcom) build has been leaked

stranno

bTTe6zq.png

Apparently the same guy that released Playstation's Superman and Resident Evil 1.5 (years ago) has released the Red Dead Revolver "SWAT" Build.

6XEbtkA.gif

After Resident Evil 2 on Nintendo 64, Angel Studios and Capcom began another project: A third person tactical shooter known as SWAT. This project turned into an spaghetti western themed game, following the recommendation of Yoshiki Okamoto, main designer of 1985 Gun·Smoke by Capcom. The game still kept the SWAT name as: Spaghetti Western Action Team. The development went so wrong to the point that Capcom cancelled the game in 2003. One year before that Angel Studios was acquired by Take-Two and rebranded as Rockstar San Diego; Dan Houser, creative director of Rockstar Games, still saw the potential of SWAT and acquired the license on December 2003.

xNCmHqw.gif

This build is dated on January 2002, two years and a half before the release of Red Dead Revolver. It has some of the levels from the final game but most elements of the game are different: Including Red as a child (probably a placeholder), the aiming system, the "supernatural" vibe of some enemies, half of the levels, the horse and even the 4-players split-screen multiplayer.

ySuwSJl.gif

There are probably many builds, considering the famous "Capcom's Red Dead Revolver" video, uploaded to Youtube back in 2006, is even more different than this from the retail game.

ESlwyzZ.gif

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
I'm reminded of the GVMERS retrospective for Red Dead Revolver. They also cover the Capcom build in the production history of the game.

stranno

I think it's a poor practice to start a thread about this subject without linking to the original source, just your own video.
Fun fact. It wasnt there when I started the thread..

I can't link the source since it is piracy (sweet-yet-risky Rockstar piracy), thats why. But I think that clue is perfectly clear (extra clue: It's not a physical place).

Video removed. I guess you will have to imagine it since I haven't seen any other video on Youtube :messenger_relieved:

Last edited:
Top Bottom