• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Faction: Guerrilla Single-Player Demo Early Access for UK / Europe

AgentOtaku said:
I signed up ....where do I get the key? ...or do they email it to you?

sign up for the site. activate your account when you get the email. sign in to that page. click if you want a 360 or ps3 key. instantly goes to next page and shows key.

I just signed up and got one.

Please note, these keys are region-locked to European Xbox LIVE and PSN accounts - they are not valid in North America or any other country outside the EU.

If anyone wants the Playstation 3 Key, PM me.

DMPrince said:
sign up for the site. activate your account when you get the email. sign in to that page. click if you want a 360 or ps3 key. instantly goes to next page and shows key.

I just signed up and got one.

If anyone wants the Playstation 3 Key, PM me.

Dammit, I'm already at work so hopefully they still have some until lunch time (like 4 hours from now)

Otherwise, I'll take that key DM

raYne

I think I love this game...

Got a full heat level (whatever you call it when troops aplenty gang up on you), ran inside a building and planted bombs on the support columns and headed up to the second floor. Then waited until they swarmed the building, smashed a hole through the floor, hopped down and booked it back through the entrance. Once outside, I hit the detonator and collapsed the whole thing, killing like 10 guys in the process. :D

Later, I found out you can attach bombs to people (SR2 :bow :lol) and once your rep goes up you can recruit civilians to fight with you.

Replayed it like 5 times so far and I haven't even bothered to go after the Mech.

raYne said:

Got a full heat level (whatever you call it when troops aplenty gang up on you), ran inside a building and planted bombs on the support columns and headed up to the second floor. Then waited until they swarmed the building, smashed a hole through the floor, hopped down and booked it back through the entrance. Once outside, I hit the detonator and collapsed the whole thing, killing like 10 guys in the process. :D

Later, I found out you can attach bombs to people (SR2 :bow :lol) and once your rep goes up you can recruit civilians to fight with you.

Replayed it like 5 times so far and I haven't even bothered to go after the Mech.

Awesome! :D

kaskade

raYne said:

It's always weird to me when a game give you so much freedom to do things. You have to get into the mindset that you can do some crazy stuff, not just the simple shooting people and blowing up mines. I think I'm going to play the demo again to go experiment.

FabCam

The game is seriously fun. The GFX aren't amazing, the AI is pretty dumb but the destructibility more than makes up for it. Cover a vehicle in satchel charges -> go full speed under the bridge which is covered with rocket enemies -> KABOOM!. It's really fun to bring down whole buildings too. Plus no FR problems. Was PS3 lead platform for this game?

Reallink

Don't care how good the game is, no way in hell I would buy it after this demo bullshit. Look at the monkeys jumping through our hoops.

Kuroyume

Banned
Thrakier said:
I played the demo. Isn't it enough? With "make it like in KZ2" I meant the awesome 1st-Person-Perspective and the genious immersion in that level. This is the first game where you really FEEL like you are the mech. Hard to describe, just play it.

I don't care whether you liked it or not. I'm just pointing out that there's a mech like the KZ2 one in the game it's just not in first person.

Cday

Banned
Oh man both this and Bionic Commando look awesome. No mid year drought this time.

Also props for the gunplay not being an afterthought as it so often is in games which excel in other areas such as stealth or in this case destruction. Especially in third person games.

raYne

Holy shit.

Just right of the start, I saw a Trooper force a civilian to kneel on the floor and her protest it saying, "I didn't do anything!". Then he walked up behind her and executed her with a shotgun blast to the back of the head. :/

agm2502

Just played through the demo, i'm pretty impressed, graphics aren't amazing but it was fun to play and te destructability was good. Ran smoothly aswell didn't notce any slowdown or screen tearing.

Aaron

Reallink said:
Don't care how good the game is, no way in hell I would buy it after this demo bullshit. Look at the monkeys jumping through our hoops.
Stop being an idiot. The demo will be released to everyone at the end of the month. The early release is to drum up some press and hype for the game, which it more than deserves. Bitching about something that's free is just pathetic.

Flunkie

Banned
The demo is probably my most played game in the couple past weeks.

That's saying a lot, since I haven't touched a console game outside of Gears 2 in a over a month.

Thrakier said:
I played the demo. Isn't it enough? With "make it like in KZ2" I meant the awesome 1st-Person-Perspective and the genious immersion in that level. This is the first game where you really FEEL like you are the mech. Hard to describe, just play it.

Pfft. The walker in Red Faction Guerrilla pretty much rips the KZ2 a new one, and it's doing it without rockets.

0002708432918_500X500.jpg

That's what the KZ2 exo feels like in comparison.

cjelly said:
What happened the terrain deformation from the original?

You could read/watch some interviews with Volition but basically, despite intially being really hesistant, in the end they Essentially felt there really wasn't many more places they felt they could go with it. Gameplay opportunities just weren't there.
So they developed Geomod2.0, which is this.

Definitely a change for the better.

Also according Volition, there was alot of internal resistance to making the game 3rd person based as well...

Again, a change for the better...

Impressions pulled from the other demo thread, but thought I post it here

OMFG

This demo is sooooooooo goooooood!!!!!! :D :D :D

The controls are SO PERFECT!
Perfect use of analog range in relation to movement and aiming. Lots of control config options.

Outside the obvious Geomod2.0 tech is honestly a generation ahead (yeah ...believe the fucking hype), the game looks really solid. Sure the PS3 version is lacking AA, but I got over it real quick as the framerate, Post-processing effects, motion-blur, are all there and completely solid

This is honestly a demo I'll be playing for months up until the games release

It's that good

Thrakier

AltogetherAndrews said:
Pfft. The walker in Red Faction Guerrilla pretty much rips the KZ2 a new one, and it's doing it without rockets.

That's what the KZ2 exo feels like in comparison.

I was talking about the look and feel not about the potential power. Whatever.

EXGN

I think the best part of the game is the stuff that happens by accident. Some guy threw a grenade at me that knocked down a light pole, that in turn blew up a bunch of barrels, collapsing a bridge and a shack on top of one of those Humvees with turrets.

SpokkX

uh why do the EDF (police?) always attack on sight even though I havn´t done anything. They do not shoot other workers and seem to see me through walls and immediately start to shoot at me.

This could get really annoying in an open world game

Cday

Banned
SpokkX said:
uh why do the EDF (police?) always attack on sight even though I havn´t done anything. They do not shoot other workers and seem to see me through walls and immediately start to shoot at me.

Yeah it's pretty annoying. It doesn't really let you scout around to plan your attack. Although it could have something to do with the big ass sledge/rifle/explosives you are carrying around.

This could get really annoying in an open world game

Yeah Far Cry 2 has this problem and it's probably the most annoying game this gen.

That was a pretty cool demo, the destruction it's awesome and so satisfying, and give you some awesome moments, like kicking a car with the walker, so it flies to a bunch of soldiers and explodes. Badass!

I don't know if I will buy it at full price (So4 in June too), but definetly got me interested and will probably buy sooner or later.

Fireflu

Thank you so much for making this thread! ive been monitoring the other 2 RFG threads like a hawk and have been patiently waiting for a key, downloading now! :D

Being able to actually drive a vehicle, covered in mines, all the way through several buildings is pretty great. The fact that it all happens without any serious frame drops makes it all the more awesome.

This is pretty cool, I drove a vehicle through a building, got out and went back to check the building out, and was able to pick out the posts and walls that were still holding the building up. Place another couple charges and boom, building came down.

Similarly I drove a vehicle straight along an outer wall of one of the buildings, tearing out the side of it until I came to an abrupt halt when I hit the retaining wall I guess. Had to ram it a couple times to get through. You can really tell where the environment programmer dudes had to stick a reinforced wall compared to the rest of the building.

Top Bottom