• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Faction rated for PS4 (PS2 classic?)

'Red Faction 2' and the 'Destroy All Humans' games are the only other games I can see being worth getting the PS2 Classics Remaster treatment.

Corpekata

Banned
Nordic's entire gimmick is putting the franchises of the dead husks it absorbs everywhere it feasibly can in one form or another, so yes, they are serious about it.

Ravi_elite

Banned
red faction 2 please.

1 had an ok campaign, but 2's mp was very fun and somewhat UT like.

I guess you never played the originals multiplayer on PC...the first, the greatest, and the funnest multiplayer experience of my life... 16 player TDM & CTF with full destructibility....badass weapons.. tons of glitches... hundreds of user created maps... great sound effects.... wish they would port a working PC remaster of the original to the xbox one with its online multiplayer intact...I would never need to buy another game again.

Storm360

Would much rather have a native port with online play than a PS2 classic sadly.

Makes me kinda curious though... do any of the PS2 classics have network support?

Bishop89

I guess you never played the originals multiplayer on PC...the first, the greatest, and the funnest multiplayer experience of my life... 16 player TDM & CTF with full destructibility....badass weapons.. tons of glitches... hundreds of user created maps... great sound effects.... wish they would port a working PC remaster of the original to the xbox one with its online multiplayer intact...I would never need to buy another game again.

nope , on ps2 only i played

Let's just hope they don't decide to price all of them at $19.99 ala Destroy All Humans.

Yep; I noticed that as well yesterday. What a fucking outrageous price.

I might actually be tempted to buy Red Faction again as it's a game I really love, but I probably wouldn't pay more than about £5 for it.

EDIT - also, Red Faction 2 fucking sucked. One of my most disappointing games ever.

Ravi_elite

Banned
red faction 2 please.

1 had an ok campaign, but 2's mp was very fun and somewhat UT like.

if anyone has the nerve to purchase the original Red Faction on playstation, if you do not mind..please respond back with details as to if this is just strictly a ps2 port or edited and includes online multiplayer.. i know im on the xbox one...however this would ateast give me some hope xbox one will one day see the light of Red Faction.. and badass Rail Drivers!!!

if anyone has the nerve to purchase the original Red Faction on playstation, if you do not mind..please respond back with details as to if this is just strictly a ps2 port or edited and includes online multiplayer.. i know im on the xbox one...however this would ateast give me some hope xbox one will one day see the light of Red Faction.. and badass Rail Drivers!!!

Dude, if this is a PS2onPS4 emulation it 100% will not have online multiplayer. Plus, Nordic are pretty cheap with their re-releases and probably wouldn't put that in anyway,

Ravi_elite

Banned
Dude, if this is a PS2onPS4 emulation it 100% will not have online multiplayer. Plus, Nordic are pretty cheap with their re-releases and probably wouldn't put that in anyway,

:( yeah best to not get my hopes up right...

however they did remaster the last 2 darksiders, and they apparently patched Red Faction Guerilla on Steam on halloween.... they obviously are showing some kind of care...

they just need to realize that Red Faction Armageddon was the lowest point of Red Faction

and that the PC Version of the original Red Faction is what people want, not the port from consoles....

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
These were some of my favorite games back in the day. The first one had a very Half Life style single player even including stealth sections and a fairly interesting mp set up that seems like it was far better done on the PC than the console experience. The second game had a much more generic but exciting single player but I don't think the MP was as good.

MrNelson

Banned
:( yeah best to not get my hopes up right...

however they did remaster the last 2 darksiders, and they apparently patched Red Faction Guerilla on Steam on halloween.... they obviously are showing some kind of care...

they just need to realize that Red Faction Armageddon was the lowest point of Red Faction

and that the PC Version of the original Red Faction is what people want, not the port from consoles....
Destroy All Humans is a PS2 on PS4 game, so it's pretty safe to say any others they put up will be as well.

Top Bottom