• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Gaming Tech (RGT): The PS5 has a custom feature to be found in future RDNA 3 Cards.

What do you think? Is it true that the PS5 has a custom feature to be found in future RDNA 3 cards?

• Total voters
Tech Youtuber with solid industry sources is adamant that the PS5 has a custom feature that will be featured in future RDNA 3 cards. What do you think this feature may be?

You may also want to check his timeline for current talk on PS5's Geometry engine.

Source: RGT

RDNA3.jpg

SoraNoKuni

That was obvious already either way.
DF also are teasing us that we will be surprised, I am gonna laugh my ass off when PS5 performs better on multiplats.
Not that a few pixels or a tiny bit of frame rate advantage even matters, XSX will be fine too.

Sony is killing it once again, and without that shitty PR of microsoft.

Edit: laught reacts I want you to remember this when we get the first results 😂

Last edited:
DF also are teasing us that we will be surprised, I am gonna laugh my ass off when PS5 performs better on multiplats.

DF said it didn't have anything to do with comparison of the consoles.

If an unconfirmed rumour by an admitted Sony fan and Youtuber is "Sony killing it" then sure.

Well red gaming tech leaked infinity Cache. A rumour so absurd nobod believed him yet turned out to be true.

Kitty leaked that and RGT copied, which is largely the story of RGT actually.

Infinity Cache is an evolution of ESRAM and isn't absurd at all.

Yoboman

If after the ps5 embargo lifts on November 11, and we still don’t know this “exclusive RDNA3 feature”. This guy should be banned as a insider source
I doubt we will know for a long time, if Sony aren't being open about the system. Maybe GDC

All we will have is how the games are performing

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't mean this rumor specifically, but you shouldn't prejudge the guy, his youtube channel is really cool and I knew most of the info at AMDs presentation for example just from watching his videos.
I will try it then. Maybe he is better than More Law is Dead.

All_Might

If after the ps5 embargo lifts on November 11, and we still don’t know this “exclusive RDNA3 feature”. This guy should be banned as a insider source
He usually has very reliable sources when it comes to AMD products. I am not saying he is right in this case, as this seems very far fetched, yet he does have his legit sources. He leaked a lot of exclusive RDNA 2 information.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
It is quite likely that Sony can't/won't talk about this explicitly (in the context of RDNA3) until RDNA3 launches. Also why the fuck should they? The people that need to know ill know and the games/results will do the talking. Very few people will buy the box because of which RDNA set a feature belongs in.

Portugeezer

Not that a few pixels or a tiny bit of frame rate advantage even matters, XSX will be fine too.

Edit: laught reacts I want you to remember this when we get the first results 😂
Not gonna lie, I thought it was a bit strange when, during XSX showcase, Phil Spencer referred to XSX as the most "consistently powerful" console or something... Like what? Either it's more powerful or it's not.

Maybe he was trying to take a jab at PS5 variable clocks, but it came off a bit weak, like PS5 is sometimes more powerful.

geordiemp

It is quite likely that Sony can't/won't talk about this explicitly (in the context of RDNA3) until RDNA3 launches. Also why the fuck should they? The people that need to know ill know and the games/results will do the talking. Very few people will buy the box because of which RDNA set a feature belongs in.

Yup, Sony will reveal the advanced Geometry engine and VRS when it is right to do so, just after RDNA2 reveal is maybe not the right time.

Does not matter anyway, games will do the talking.

Last edited:

martino

this vote is fan checking :
yes = ps fan
no = xbox fan
maybe = sane people
this is the near dayly d'ghost community reassurance check more than anything else.

rgt on this is always full "thought"
we'll see...
but if the line between pixel shader and mesh shader is also blur in sony render pipeline it could be the next step.

Last edited:

JonnyMP3

We really are bringing back old arguments back, aren't we? The PS5 bringing elements to RDNA3 were rumoured months ago.
Which with the faster PS5 I/O was speculated in being instruction set related to process the incoming data stream faster... Which isn't fully achievable yet in the PC sphere because of I/O bottlenecks, which AMD, Nvidia and Intel are all looking into reducing themselves.
But what it actually could be... Is still rumour and speculation.

I'm back on the Gaf carousel, aren't I?

geordiemp

Kinda silly that we have to depend on rumours spread by random people on twitter to get to know something about the hardware features.

Microsoft gets a point for transparency

Microsoft have to be transparent for DX12 for pC and they have to have common features for PC and console.

Sony can do whatever they please and will customise to what Sony first party demand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom