• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Geeky

RIP Wheel.

Also, I guess Joy Cowley is like the Robert Munsch of New Zealand?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joy_Cowley

Worm Lady as has a wikipedia page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Arlene_Appelhof

After seeing the video I can totally understand her passion for all the stuff the mention in the wiki article

I am kinda disappointed they didn't try to do something a little more elaborate with the remains of the wheel at the end. Like a Darth Vader style funeral pyre or throw it through a wood chipper.

Alric

I am kinda disappointed they didn't try to do something a little more elaborate with the remains of the wheel at the end. Like a Darth Vader style funeral pyre or throw it through a wood chipper.

That's because like Darth Vader it'll come back with some original pieces and some new to hold its mangled corpse together.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

After seeing the video I can totally understand her passion for all the stuff the mention in the wiki article

So she popularized worm composting? Yeah, no wonder she's crazy about worms. lol

LakeEarth

Lightbulb burns out on the "O" while Mike is talking around 16:55 of the video, and is a perpetual cycle of turning off and on throughout the entire video. Dunno why I wanted to share that.

Hilarious vid so far.

imBask

Banned
People are that excited for Thor? Taika Waititi is awesome and this one looks way more fun, but still! They were losing it before any of the good stuff.

Or is their enthusiasm fake and played up for the camera? I don't know what to believe anymore!

they're excited for that YOUTUBE MONEY

Aiii

So not worth it
Yes it was.

But FFS, those reactions are just so blatantly over the top

Bad cgi, dumb quips and bad pop music. Trailer is trying way too hard to be Guardians 2.5. It really wasn't a great trailer.

That is not to say the movie is gonna be bad, it'll be a solid B+ like all the Marvel stuff I am sure, but the trailer was only so/so.

Sephzilla

Bad cgi, dumb quips and bad pop music. Trailer is trying way too hard to be Guardians 2.5. It really wasn't a great trailer.

That is not to say the movie is gonna be bad, it'll be a solid B+ like all the Marvel stuff I am sure, but the trailer was only so/so.

I'm wondering if you even watched it because the trailer had like one quip in the whole thing

SpaceWolf

Banned
I got a worm in my *BEEP*
I got a worm in my *BEEP*
My worm's gonna go in the *BEEP*
My worm's gonna go in the *BEEP*
Rich Evans wants my worm in his *BEEP*
He's a loose....asking for my worm in his *BEEP*
It gets uncomfortable when he asks me for a...these questions.
It gets uncomfortable when he asks me these questions.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm wondering if you even watched it because the trailer had like one quip in the whole thing

I watched it, exactly once, and I remember dumb quips.

If there was only one, and it was the best one they could find for the trailer, eeesh.

But hey, lets not derail the thread, I am just saying that I, personally, did not feel this trailer.

Schlorgan

I watched it, exactly once, and I remember dumb quips.

If there was only one, and it was the best one they could find for the trailer, eeesh.

But hey, lets not derail the thread, I am just saying that I, personally, did not feel this trailer. The
Me, personally, I love this trailer. I give it an 8/10. It's better than the last trailer which I gave a 9/10.

The trailer for Thor was fine. It looked surprisingly fun, but I'm over watching comic book movies (and action movies in general) in the theatre at least. The total CGI destruction fest in the last act of those movies has become total turn-off for me. It immediately makes me disinterested in whatever is going on and it's just noise at this point, because I feel like I've seen it all before. Streets explode, cars get flying, lasers are beamed into the sky and eventually the entire city block gets completely destroyed.

It's been done a million times before, it adds nothing to the movie and rarely has any consequence for the characters. Again, it's just noise. And if one of those Marvel movies are magically able to hold back on the total destruction of the galaxy (April 2017 Edition, now even bigger and betterer!), they still serve you completely forgettable, one-dimensional, mustache-twirling villains (
Ant-Man, Dr. Strange
). Fuck that, really. I'll see those movies at some point this year as a rental, but to me they're not worth the ticket price and hassle to watch them on the big screen anymore.

I'm still going to see Star Wars Episode VIII and IX, though. They're the best movies ever created and definitely better than the previous ones.

Yeah, I fucking hate Thor (both of them) and even I thought that was actually a good trailer. Or perhaps just the part of getting rid of Midgar, which was always the super boring part of the first two movies anyway. Saying that it's "too much like Guardians" is silly, because combining these movies together is entirely the point of the whole MCU. So either Guardians needed to become boring like Thor, or Thor needed to become less boring like Guardians. I think we all know which one of those is a good decision and which one isn't.

I mean, these are just vehicles to make money, not be artistic masterpieces. And combining them into one, probably not as interesting but still, universe was always the game here. You can't resent that now if you were rooting for the "Phase" system before (not saying you did, just general). And with Marvel I don't think that is a problem, because let's face it: all of their characters are kind of shitty as it is. Only Iron Man is mildly interesting because he's actually just human.

With DC however, it is a huuuuuge problem because Superman is an optimist (so color and bright and what not) and Batman is a pessimistic realist (dark & gritty). I mean, one is the day, the other is the night, combining those takes a far more analytical approach than just shoving them into one movie. But apparently nobody at WB or DC realizes that, or something.

Aiii

So not worth it
You glossed over the fact that he called a 47 year old Led Zeppelin song "dumb pop music", like the fuck!? Zeppelin was considered 'metal' when it came out.

At least using popular music in trailers has officially replaced the Inception horn trailer, so it has that going for it.

I was laughing so hard at that last WotW episode. It was just so good. RIP The Wheel, though. It's sad that this will be our last WotW ep.

Also, I have a question for you guys: just how plastered do you think the guys were at the start of the episode? It felt like all of them, Mike in particular, were drunk before the episode even began. It wasn't like the Ghostbusters review, where they get more and more drunk as the review goes on, but instead it was like they were all sloshed from the very start.

I was laughing so hard at that last WotW episode. It was just so good. RIP The Wheel, though. It's sad that this will be our last WotW ep.

Also, I have a question for you guys: just how plastered do you think the guys were at the start of the episode? It felt like all of them, Mike in particular, were drunk before the episode even began. It wasn't like the Ghostbusters review, where they get more and more drunk as the review goes on, but instead it was like they were all sloshed from the very start.

The better question for Mike is when is he actually sober?

Fury451

Banned

Worm Lady graduated from my high school.

Also wow, she went all in on educating others on the environment; that's awesome.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

There's also this site: https://www.wormwoman.com

More videos there. This seems like something for RLM:

wormbinenueb.png

Why do people watch people opening boxes?

If you want to get fucking real, its the end form of consumerist capitalism where its more fun to buy and open something then to actually own it, so you just replace that need to buy something by watching overs open a lottery box filled with garbage they couldn't hock off at comic con

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If you want to get fucking real, its the end form of consumerist capitalism where its more fun to buy and open something then to actually own it, so you just replace that need to buy something by watching overs open a lottery box filled with garbage they couldn't hock off at comic con

When you put it like this it actually sounds beneficial.

Cheerilee

It's pathetic but I actually felt emotions when the wheel died.

I laughed, because it was a cool break, and because it's ridiculously easy to fix (and likely to return even stronger). And because the Wheel is perfectly suited to picking up scars and battle damage and coming back for more.

The Wheel is only dead if RLM wusses out and uses this played-up "death" as a way to get away from the Wheel, because they can no longer handle exposing themselves to their own torture device.

I laughed, because it was a cool break, and because it's ridiculously easy to fix (and likely to return even stronger). And because the Wheel is perfectly suited to picking up scars and battle damage and coming back for more.

The Wheel is only dead if RLM wusses out and uses this played-up "death" as a way to get away from the Wheel, because they can no longer handle exposing themselves to their own torture device.

No mistake, I laughed my ass off

Might be saved for a Halloween return from the grave

Joeku

The Wheel is like the car in Low Blow; it's had more development than the stars of the show.

I don't think them destroying the wheel says much.

If fan demand is high enough I could see them doing a skit where the wheel of the worst comes back from the dead and like forces them to play again. Or a new one comes out. Maybe this current one just looked like shit.

I feel these episodes are popular enough that it'd be a shame to stop them UNLESS they had ran out of shitty videos.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
the only thing i can think of is they get more use out of the plinketto board with the awful video stuff

but i think they want to only use that for actual movies?

Top Bottom