• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So they just had that in a closet somewhere. lol

They used it a lot in their earlier short films and stuff. The one where the monkey man had the laser gun and the talkative lady with the raccoon sweater (another thing you see a lot of) is the best one.

Schlorgan

tCMqSj9.jpg
NINTENDO JUST KEEPS HITTING THE HOME RUNS!

BigAT

I'm just so fucking happy I was able to get a preorder of the limited Special Edition so I can get the Zelda statue that comes with it.

WIRQaHK.jpg

Ah. Which sequence from season 2 are they referring to?

I'm guessing it was the
fight with the colon monster.

Here's an interview with recently-departed showrunner Craig DiGregorio, who makes it sound like working with Tapert is a major pain in the ass. He goes into the scene I mentioned above and how Tapert fought to exclude it.

I'm just so fucking happy I was able to get a preorder of the limited Special Edition so I can get the Zelda statue that comes with it.

WIRQaHK.jpg

FgSwj%255B1%255D.gif

Schlorgan

I'm guessing it was the

Here's an interview with recently-departed showrunner Craig DiGregorio, who makes it sound like working with Tapert is a major pain in the ass. He goes into the scene I mentioned above and how Tapert fought to exclude it.

That's what I figured it was.

I had never heard about any of that.

Cheerilee

I'm guessing it was the

IIRC, there was a Pre Rec stream recently where they were talking about Ash vs Evil Dead season 2, and they talked about that interview.

Apparently they had just brought that discussion back up again with Josh when this BOTW started.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Odds of Half in the bag for Get Out and John Wick Chapter 2?
I don't think they'd have much to say about John Wick 2, and honestly, I'd rather they stay away from a Get Out review. I have no doubt they'll put their foots in their mouths and then we'll get some weird alt-right vs sjw stuff yet again. lol

Houndi101

I don't think they'd have much to say about John Wick 2, and honestly, I'd rather they stay away from a Get Out review. I have no doubt they'll put their foots in their mouths and then we'll get some weird alt-right vs sjw stuff yet again. lol
Yeah I guess both are likely.
For John Wick they could talk about how in their opinion the world building worked in the sequel and for Get Out I hope they atleast go see it since it's supposed to be a good horror film compared to the rest of the Boy in the wall stuff.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah I guess both are likely.
For John Wick they could talk about how in their opinion the world building worked in the sequel and for Get Out I hope they atleast go see it since it's supposed to be a good horror film compared to the rest of the Boy in the wall stuff.
I think they sort of liked Don't Breathe, so they might like it. I just can't imagine them talking about it without saying something "problematic", so it's probably easier to just avoid it altogether.

Fat4all

Banned
Get Out is a very good film, and I think it would be their bag for sure.

The way it builds up the tension/suspense along with a slight mix of humor is fascinating. I can't think of a better directorial debut off the top of my head.

Shy

I think they sort of liked Don't Breathe, so they might like it. I just can't imagine them talking about it without saying something "problematic", so it's probably easier to just avoid it altogether.
If by problematic you mean spouting diet racist foolishness. Then yes, unfortunately they would.

I don't know, them not reviewing it just compounds things, i feel.
I don't see why it's so hard for them to review and not talk that shit.

I don't mind if they say something problematic. I know gaf would get up in arms but I actually do enjoy some of the really dumb shit they've said politically. Like when Mike went on that whole section of 'not voting is the same as voting for him'. I giggled.

I just hope that if they review it they acknowledge how uncomfortable and off putting a movie now looks when it's only white people.

Anth0ny

From the edge Zelda review:

" The result, for all the longevity of its series and the familiarity of the open world genre, is a game that evokes feelings we haven't felt for 20 years. Not since Ocarina of Time have we set foot in a world that feels so mind-bogglingly vast and unerringly magical, that proves so relentlessly intriguing. Plenty of games promise to let us go anywhere and do anything. Few, if any, ever deliver so irresistibly. 19 years on Ocarina is still held up as the high water mark of gamings best loved and greatest series. Now it may have to settle for second place".

*barf*

From the edge Zelda review:

" The result, for all the longevity of its series and the familiarity of the open world genre, is a game that evokes feelings we haven't felt for 20 years. Not since Ocarina of Time have we set foot in a world that feels so mind-bogglingly vast and unerringly magical, that proves so relentlessly intriguing. Plenty of games promise to let us go anywhere and do anything. Few, if any, ever deliver so irresistibly. 19 years on Ocarina is still held up as the high water mark of gamings best loved and greatest series. Now it may have to settle for second place".

*barf*

Man all this praise for Mad Max Fury Road can't possibly live up to the hype

Anth0ny

Man all this praise for Mad Max Fury Road can't possibly live up to the hype

I just think it's funny how to a T this praise for a new Zelda mirrors the praise we constantly get from a new Star Wars

Every time a new Zelda comes out people feel the need to compare it to Ocarina, just like how every Star Wars gets compared to Empire. Like.... they're never going to be topped. And they don't have to. Just judge the game on its own merits and relax.

I just think it's funny how to a T this praise for a new Zelda mirrors the praise we constantly get from a new Star Wars

Every time a new Zelda comes out people feel the need to compare it to Ocarina, just like how every Star Wars gets compared to Empire. Like.... they're never going to be topped. And they don't have to. Just judge the game on its own merits and relax.

In terms of the impact on gaming nothing can top ocarina just because of the time it came out (dawn of 3d), in terms of overall games I'd argue quiet a few zelda titles have passed ocarina.

And honestly gamer hype for everything is an insane amount of fellatio see mgs5, horizon zero dawn, etc

Schlorgan

If you took the first Nerd Crew episode and replaced Disney with Nintendo and Star Wars with The Legend of Zelda you wouldn't need to change much else.

If you took the first Nerd Crew episode and replaced Disney with Nintendo and Star Wars with The Legend of Zelda you wouldn't need to change much else.

Nintendo's Partners program pretty much makes it so that the only impressions that show up on YouTube are embarrassing fanboy drivel.

Cheerilee

Nintendo's Partners program pretty much makes it so that the only impressions that show up on YouTube are embarrassing fanboy drivel.

Except for Jim Sterling, who argues that if Nintendo thinks it's right to demand absolute adherence to copyright when it benefits them, but then turns around and nonchalantly ignores copyright when it comes to stealing pennies from Youtubers, then that means that pirates are morally in the clear when it comes to pirating millions of dollars worth of Nintendo games.

Anth0ny

In terms of the impact on gaming nothing can top ocarina just because of the time it came out (dawn of 3d), in terms of overall games I'd argue quiet a few zelda titles have passed ocarina.

And honestly gamer hype for everything is an insane amount of fellatio see mgs5, horizon zero dawn, etc

oh for sure. you're talking to someone whose favorite film franchise and game franchise of all time is Star Wars and Zelda, respectively, and even I think the fanboy insanity when a new film/game comes out is waaaaaaay too over the top.

Exodust

Banned
As a big Zelda fan I never really trust reviews on the games since they'll always be overwhelmingly positive when I don't feel like all those games deserve that level of praise.

I'm buying it anyway, though. So I'll just play it and think for myself like I do everything.

Joeku

Except for Jim Sterling, who argues that if Nintendo thinks it's right to demand absolute adherence to copyright when it benefits them, but then turns around and nonchalantly ignores copyright when it comes to stealing pennies from Youtubers, then that means that pirates are morally in the clear when it comes to pirating millions of dollars worth of Nintendo games.

Not only is that an extremely selectively lopsided interpretation of what he was saying, actual piracy endorsement wasn't the point Sterling was making and you damn well know it.

oh for sure. you're talking to someone whose favorite film franchise and game franchise of all time is Star Wars and Zelda, respectively, and even I think the fanboy insanity when a new film/game comes out is waaaaaaay too over the top.

You know, I was about to reply to this saying "well at least I feel justified in loving Majora's Mask as much as I do because it wasn't super beloved when it released unlike most other Zelda games", but no, after looking it up, it got almost as much effusive praise as OoT did. Seems only handheld Zeldas get referred to by their actual pretty good-ness, and even then only sometimes.

Cheerilee

Not only is that an extremely selectively lopsided interpretation of what he was saying, actual piracy endorsement wasn't the point Sterling was making and you damn well know it.

I never said that Jim was endorsing piracy.

Affeinvasion said that Nintendo's Partners program makes it so that the only people saying anything about Nintendo on Youtube are the people who are contractually obligated to do nothing but praise Nintendo's games. I added that there's another thing that Nintendo's Partners program makes people on Youtube say about them.

Jim's position (which I agree with) was that Nintendo ignores Fair Use (which is a fundamental part of copyright). Nintendo also straight-up ignores copyright when their opponent doesn't have the strength to fight back, in that they steal the pennies generated by other people's Youtube videos (which, while they lean on Fair Use, also generate copyrights for the Youtube creators).

Jim would like Nintendo to kindly stop doing that, because by making up their own selfish mind about which parts of copyright they respect and which parts they don't, Nintendo is relinquishing their moral high ground on the subject of piracy, and making it morally (not legally) defensible for people to pirate Nintendo games. Which is a damn stupid thing for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do, just so that it can greedily steal the pennies from poor people who could actually use pennies.

My initial glib remark was probably just too short.

Joeku

Okay, yes, given your clarification, I completely agree.

Sorry if it seemed like I jumped down your throat; it wasn't my intention.

Cheerilee

Okay, yes, given your clarification, I completely agree.

Sorry if it seemed like I jumped down your throat; it wasn't my intention.

No worries. We're all good. After you posted, I looked at my post and saw how it could be read as a snide attack against Jim, which would totally be worth a jump down the throat.

I never find anything they say that offensive, I mean nothing worse then an average shit talk.
The real problem I can see with reviewing Get Out is them focusing/dogging more on the overwhelming positivisty towards the film, then the film itself or alternately them getting defensive about a backlash from the potentially negative review, and doing a weird science guy comeback vid. which I would personally find annoying since I do generally view them as above petty internet drama, but they already proved they can succumb to it.

I guess the first option might be interesting like focusing on general critique bias, but I don't really see them adding anything new to their past criticism.

Schlorgan

I can see them mentioning Get Out off hand like "It's really good but there's not much we can add to the discussion about it."

Jay on Twitter said that they really liked Split but they won't be doing a HitB on it.

If we don't see a Half in the Bag about it soon, it'll likely be saved up for a 'year in review' like they did for John Wick.

But this is the perfect chance to do John Wick 2 and this film.

Acrylic7

Was watching the latest Best of the Worst and my Alexa flipped out and tried to order something lol. I'm guessing somewhere around 24:00-24:40 a combination of words sounded like I wanted to place an order.
Hacker Frauds lol

kevin1025

Banned
I hope the next Best of the Worst win is actually wrong and they have to announce the true winner but the tape is already destroyed and it's too late and so nobody wins.

Top Bottom