• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

"I want to thank our sponsors, Star Wars razors"

giphy.gif

Oh my god. I was fucking dying during this episode. Thank god I signed up for Nerd Coffin. The sponsors were absolutely incredible, I think this might be the second funniest Nerd Crew episode, outside of Episode 2 and the unboxing. I was laughing so hard.

I also guessed the joke when they brought up Nerd Life, and I was glad to see that they never got to the actual breakdown. I also caught on to the Thor: Ragnarok pretty early on as well, though I first thought that Rich was just going to throw out meaningless descriptions so it felt like he wasn't describing any trailer in particular.

Also, where the FUCK is my Spiderman: Homecoming trailer reaction, you HACK FRAUDS. I paid you, you fucks. Now give me my reaction.

Geeky

These sponsors keep getting better and better. I hope they have Rich slap together a "Nerd coffin" to test drive in their next episode.

I am also glad to see the shade thrown at Funko pops. But is kind of funny because they have custom figures on pre rec for Rich and Jack.

A bit off topic, but me personally, I liked the Thor Ragnarok trailer much more than Star Wars. It looked like a fun space adventure.

I thought the episode was pretty bad. Nerd Crew keeps being hit and miss for me. It works, when they focus on the parody of the format and less on the fake sponsors. They're not funny enough to make the ridiculous stuff work.

Chumley

Banned
I thought the episode was pretty bad. Nerd Crew keeps being hit and miss for me. It works, when they focus on the parody of the format and less on the fake sponsors. They're not funny enough to make the ridiculous stuff work.

This. The other Nerd Crew videos were great but this one was flat.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
These sponsors keep getting better and better. I hope they have Rich slap together a "Nerd coffin" to test drive in their next episode.

I am also glad to see the shade thrown at Funko pops. But is kind of funny because they have custom figures on pre rec for Rich and Jack.

A bit off topic, but me personally, I liked the Thor Ragnarok trailer much more than Star Wars. It looked like a fun space adventure.

What was funny about the Funko pops line to me, personally, was that Rich has said he watches CBG19's videos, and she *just* did a Funko unboxing segment (although she was saying it was stupid and making fun of herself while doing it).

Kneefoil

Wow! I didn't know Mike was a murderer.

It will be interesting to see which comes up on top: Stan Lee's immortality or RLM's death curse.

UrbanRats

I mean they parodied the format already, there isnt much else to say.
Im even surprised it is a recurring thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, I really don't get the obsession/high praise behind all the Disney animation movies that come out. Most of the modern kids movies in fact that are highly rated. To me, they all use the same spastic sense of humor and while the work and art are impressive, it's kind of like the Avatar thing where I've seen such high quality CG for so long now that its like 'ok whatever'. Its lost the pizazz and I just don't see why grown ass people sing high heavens of praises to Moana and Zootopia and Frozen and all this shit. I watched a bunch of those on Netflix and I REALLY dont see it.

I mostly just posted it here because I know Mike is kind of the same way any time Jay mentions watching a 'kids movie'. Like 'hey you and your kids can watch it' its like.. most total non bottom of the barrel kids movies include humor for adults too. And even the shit in the Disney stuff is mega lightweight compared to what Nickelodeon did in the 90s or Muppets did in the 70s.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
You know, I really don't get the obsession/high praise behind all the Disney animation movies that come out. Most of the modern kids movies in fact that are highly rated. To me, they all use the same spastic sense of humor and while the work and art are impressive, it's kind of like the Avatar thing where I've seen such high quality CG for so long now that its like 'ok whatever'. Its lost the pizazz and I just don't see why grown ass people sing high heavens of praises to Moana and Zootopia and Frozen and all this shit. I watched a bunch of those on Netflix and I REALLY dont see it.

I mostly just posted it here because I know Mike is kind of the same way any time Jay mentions watching a 'kids movie'. Like 'hey you and your kids can watch it' its like.. most total non bottom of the barrel kids movies include humor for adults too. And even the shit in the Disney stuff is mega lightweight compared to what Nickelodeon did in the 90s or Muppets did in the 70s.

probably what it is is because these are the first few slew of movies that can actually be considered about on par with the old classic hand-drawn animation coming out of Disney proper rather than Pixar.

they're all kind of the same to me, as well, but i havent really seen many of the non-Pixar Disney stuff in recent years. guess why...

BigAT

Film Gob just released a new comparison video between The Nerd Crew episode and the shows it parodies.

IT'S STAR WARS, F*CK YOU! RedLetterMedia vs Collider

Holy shit at that opening joke. That was dark. Knowing Carrie Fisher,
she would have loved it.

As someone who wasn't fully aware of the existence of this type of shit before, it's really uncomfortable watching these videos. It's kind of crazy that RLM's parody of these people almost doesn't go far enough and isn't nearly as over the top as I thought.

kevin1025

Banned
As someone who wasn't fully aware of the existence of this type of shit before, it's really uncomfortable watching these videos. It's kind of crazy that RLM's parody of these people almost doesn't go far enough and isn't nearly as over the top as I thought.

I used to watch Collider's shows fairly regularly, and there was definitely crazy fan stuff, but it was mostly just excitement. But the past year, any time I check in, it's gone way over the top and it's constant.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
why havent these fake nerd fucks talked about the battlefront trailer? about how important iden versio is to the landscape of star wars and her cultural impact and the fact that its a new, never been done before in a video game imperial perspective which is new and has never been done before

these jock fucks use video games in their intro but they're not gamers!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i feel like those nerd podcast people they are showing in that video are paid shills. like the girl is even admitting to it "i only knew about star wars for a year"

at least lie about being a shill

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Film Gob just released a new comparison video between The Nerd Crew episode and the shows it parodies.

IT'S STAR WARS, F*CK YOU! RedLetterMedia vs Collider

Holy shit at that opening joke. That was dark. Knowing Carrie Fisher,
she would have loved it.

JESUS FUCK!

I never liked Collider before (especially when they made several articles with made-up crap about the Power Rangers movie, like new characters, connection to the TV show, Scorpina) but this makes me convulse in fits of anger. I don't think RLM is being brutal ENOUGH in their satire.

"Collider makes me feel bad for liking Star Wars" A rare YouTube comment that is so so so right.

jviggy43

The best part about all of this was how unaware I was of any of this. The first nerd crew video came out and I wasn't really sure what they were parodying until people started linking stuff like collider and such. I seriously cannot believe that the RLM parody of this is more or less the actual content these people put out.

Anth0ny

people love positive reinforcement

people love to see people love what they love

I got death threats for giving zelda a 8/10. I didn't love it enough.

that's why you have all of those fake overacted reaction videos on youtube. that's why people dissect trailers that don't tell us anything. that's why stuff like collider and ign are so god damn popular.

what i'm trying to say is.... thank god for rlm because sometimes I feel like a crazy person when everyone is LOSING THEIR SHIT OVER THE NEW THING and i'm just... ok?

I was wondering if RLM has commented on the recent rise of Star Wars Prequel Memes, courtesy of the masters at r/prequelmemes. I don't think I remember any of them saying anything about it in any of the reviews, but I was wondering if one of them has commented on the new phenomenon on a Previously Recorded stream or something like that.

LakeEarth

I had a thought, relating RLM to Star Trek characters. Obviously Mike, Jay and Rich have to be the main trio of Kirk, Spock and Bones. Jack would be Uhura, because he can translate incomprehensible movie plots into English. Jessie is a reverse Checkov, because she isn't around for the later episodes. Not sure about Josh.

Top Bottom