• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was rewatching Spawn for whatever reason and man oh man the Violator holds up REALLY well visually due to a mix of CG and practical effects
spawn-3.jpg

where as previously they showed this CG only monstrosity
image_3_3.jpg

Geeky

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/916004019218161664

The End is Nigh (the game where Rich Evans has a minor speaking role is coming to Switch in December.

As someone who has gotten to at least the normal ending, I would probably recommend this version. The short, but challenging levels are kinda more suited for something portable. Playing a few maps on a bus/train ride or waiting at an Airplane terminal kinda thing.

Be fore warned though the game is very tough. I don't even have a Switch yet, but I may pick this up for the collectible squishy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Cuphead ruined the stream for me because they played it co-op and it's basically two guys staring at a game for 2 hours. Co-op games just kill any "podcast vibe" the stream has.

You know the more I watch the botw with max Landis the more I think he was the closest to click with the gang the most. So many of the other guests are like super passive with their comments. Max Landis came in and immediately was insulting rich, starting comments while watching the films that they all laughed at, and was super into the round table discussion.

As much as I love the Canadians his episode is actually super entertaining.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
You know the more I watch the botw with max Landis the more I think he was the closest to click with the gang the most. So many of the other guests are like super passive with their comments. Max Landis came in and immediately was insulting rich, starting comments while watching the films that they all laughed at, and was super into the round table discussion.

This is the reason he's my favorite guest out of those that I've seen. He was actually eager to break down the movies.

jviggy43

"It's a good game"
"It's a great game"
"IT'S JUST FUCKING CONTRA!"
"They nailed the art style"
"They nailed the music"
"It's what sets it apart from the other hundreds of platformers on Steam"
"This is OVERHYPED"

I should really ignore their valuable input when it comes to video games.

My thoughts exactly. Except for the order 1886. That was hilarious.

I like Max on the show but he always comes across a bit too fan-boyish (which he is of course) with the RLM crew. Neil Breen was the real star of that episode.

Colin has been great the last few times he's been on, the Vampire episode and the BOTW where he recommended the three films have been pure gold.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I mean, I feel the same way though so I understand their reaciton in the review and on stream. Cuphead is supposed to be this amazing thing and it's just a platformer?

Euphony

Banned
Quick update. Coming up next are a HitB about a sequel to some robot movie and a Plinketto BotW. I wonder if they're going to make the Plinketto Halloween themed or if they'd do another regular Halloween BotW like they usually do.

Euphony

Banned
I'm hoping for a Re: View on a classic horror movie, sommit like Halloween 1 or 3, but it prob won't happen.

Based on an earlier Patreon update, it seems like they're doing more than just the Star Trek Discovery re:View this month, so don't give up hope!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Platformers can't be amazing things?
I mean I was like Jack where I didn't even know what genre the game was. The only thing I knew was that it had the 30s look and that game journalists kept talking about it incessantly so I expected some kind of genre-defining/creating masterpiece like Minecraft or something. lol

For me, it's a clear example of why hype without any context can lead to confusion/disappointment. Which is why I totally understand the "it's a good game, but that's it?" comments on their stream and in this review.

EVOL 100%

Adding spoiler tags, since some may find spoiling the review as spoilers:

Jay calls it possibly one of the best sequels ever, Mike calls it boring but he likes aspects of it.
They dive deeper, but that's the initial reaction.

Thanks, I need these hack frauds to decide whether I'm going to like this movie or not

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The original is automatically better because it has actual music (instead of the bleeps, the sweeps and the creeps) and the sound design and mix aren't a fucking nightmare.

NR1

Mike hating on Pacific Rim... damn. I'm cautiously optimistic of Uprising, but shitting on the original is blasphemy!

jett

D-Member
Mike hating on PR is one of his most correct opinions.

He's such a walking contradiction though. Doesn't like PR but loves similar crap like Jurassic World.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I was very soft on the original Blade Runner, as well. I guess I'm weird in that I prefer the theatrical cut to the directors cut. Haven't seen the final cut yet though.

The new blade runner is fantastic. It was basically everything I wanted out of Ghost in the Shell from earlier this year. Unfortunately seems like it isn't going to do well in the box office.

UrbanRats

I was very soft on the original Blade Runner, as well. I guess I'm weird in that I prefer the theatrical cut to the directors cut. Haven't seen the final cut yet though.

The new blade runner is fantastic. It was basically everything I wanted out of Ghost in the Shell from earlier this year. Unfortunately seems like it isn't going to do well in the box office.

Really? I hear people talk about nothing but, so i assumed it was going strong.
That's too bad.
Gonna try and catch it Wednesday.

Sephzilla

I was rewatching Spawn for whatever reason and man oh man the Violator holds up REALLY well visually due to a mix of CG and practical effects
spawn-3.jpg

where as previously they showed this CG only monstrosity
image_3_3.jpg

The practical effects in that movie hold up shockingly well. Too bad the CG aspects of the film were shit

Rockk

There's a Justice League trailer and a new Star Wars trailer. They gotta do a Nerd Crew! How else will I know what these movies will be about unless they tell me?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hey, so, I watched Blade Runner last night and then the Re;View.

They're wrong about the unicorn being footage from Legend, right? I read that apparently it really was filmed exclusively for the movie.

Also I'm glad they pointed out the ridiculousness of Ford's "camp" accent during that one scene at the club, that killed me.

jett

D-Member
Hey, so, I watched Blade Runner last night and then the Re;View.

They're wrong about the unicorn being footage from Legend, right? I read that apparently it really was filmed exclusively for the movie.

Also I'm glad they pointed out the ridiculousness of Ford's "camp" accent during that one scene at the club, that killed me.

There's a lot of wrong information in their Re:view of Blade Runner. Harrison Ford also didn't purposefully tank the narration.

Top Bottom