• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Nendoroid (Pokémon) now available for Pre-order!

javac

I wasn't sure if there's already a thread on this since I figured there would be but I can't find anything so sorry in advance.

Anyways the popular character from Pokémon has gotten his own Nendoroid and it's available for pre-order right now. That's all well and good but it's only available exclusively in Japan for unknown reasons unfortunately. You can find the figure at Amazon.co.jp for 4860¥. Link

It's also available at the Pokémon Center stores around Japan. Now a few websites such as BigInJapan have the figure up for you importers but as of now it's not actually available to pre-order so you'll have to keep your eyes peeled on that one. Link Other hobby stores like Nippon Yasan may also offer this in a more import friendly manner, but nothing to report on yet.

For the more adventurous however, you can use what's known as a proxy in order to acquire this figure. Proxies such as FromJapan will purchase the figure in Japan on your behalf and ship it to you but at the cost of various commission and service fees. Generally it's not much more but beware. It's also important to understand import duty etc beforehand.

So is anyone interested in this? Ordered one already? Want one but baffled by the fact it's available in Japan only? Well this is the thread for you! This is the first thread I've posted on my phone so sorry in advance for spelling mistakes etc. Pics below.

FhiPs4u.jpg

IL1j8ox.jpg
DFhofxk.jpg
PSbLor5.jpg
3okCMJi.jpg

Price is 4860 Yen which is around 47USD and 27GBP and it's available on September 27th this year.

javac

Do these things have secret NFC chips in them that can be used with future software?

No unfortunately. It's just a figure. Nendoroids are figures that are kind of deformed, cute versions of game and anime characters etc. They're kinda big however, high quality and articulate etc.

Kinda want one. It comes with all three starters, right?

Yup. Comes with all three starters as well as a regular Pokéball, Master ball, backpack and Pokédex :)

Meia

Cute although if my currency converter is correct, almost $800 for this definitely is not worth it.

Your converter is broken, the prices are in the OP. :p

100 yen ~ $1, so it's usually good to keep in mind this scale.

And that nendoroid is amazing.

Bankoiia

Great, reckon I'll be back in Tokyo by then. I've completely forgotten the locations of the Pokemon Centers, though. Seems kind of a hassle.

Keropon

Sadly it hasn't appeared in any other site besides Amazon.jp, and it doesn't do global shipping (as with the Sugimori book), sigh

Top Bottom