• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Red Redemption 2 coming to PC November 5th

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Nice. It was never in any doubt. Just a matter of time.

Disappointing that it's not coming out on Steam until December though. Can go fuck themselves if they think I'm buying it from Epic.

Happy to see that in the video game economy, Fortnite Money can only afford a month of Rockstar Bank. This and the news on a 52% year over drop of in game Fortnite spending is hopefully starting to mean an end this EGS stupidity (not EGS going away, just an end to these stupid $money$ stunts).

I'd rather buy direct from Rockstars Launcher than Epic at this point.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Where are all those people who said RDR2 wouldn't come to PC because without RDR1 it didn't make any sense, and it's literally impossible to play a videogame sequel without having first played the original?

Bleep-bloop, does not compute. Amirite guys?
anyone who thought Rockstar, being the greedy money grabbing bastards that they are, would not bring this to PC are simply delusional.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So what mods do you want to see implemented?

Me: better fast travel and all weapons can be equipped and no more getting bounties for harmless bumping.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Ooo I'm curious, does anybody know how much EGS paid for that?
who cares anyway....a month exclusivity is nothing. i have to laugh because Epic like throwing money about but all they could buy is a month. A MONTH. hahahahahahaha.

that Fortnite lettuce is nothing compared to the money that Rockstar prints.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hell yeah! Can't wait for this.

MDSLKTR

Incoming playtrough at 60fps and in first person view (you lose a shit ton of details when you don't) and it will be fucking GLORIOUS.

No way in hell I'm playing trough the epilogue ever again though

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
the game impressed me visually on a standard PS4. i can't wait to see what my 9900K/32GB/RTX 2080 can do with this puppy.

scalman

Nice. It was never in any doubt. Just a matter of time.

Disappointing that it's not coming out on Steam until December though. Can go fuck themselves if they think I'm buying it from Epic.
just buy it from rockstar launcher youll get lots free games and more bonuses...

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm impressed that they were able to keep in secret this realese date utill the announcement, which is just one month before.
employees probably too scared to risk leaking it. Take2 would seen their private goon army around in the dead of night to...deal with them.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Ofcourse it does. These fuckers should be put to court for misleading consumers who bought the game already because they believed it will not be on pc... And now will buy it again. They always do it.
Even better - when gta v was rereleased on ps4 and pc these idiots banned people on twitch who were streaming ps4 version day early.... They bought the game, revlceived it day early from gamestop or whatevef and were banned... For streaming game that came out years ago which they've also now bought legally. Rockstar suuuucks
My hate is also fueled because of how they treat gta iv. Not only they never fixed the terrible pc port which now runs great (100fps 4k on 3700x) 10 years later... But it is unplayable. Cutscenes either stutter or zoom in. Game is heavily fps dependent and some stuff goes wrong if You dont play at locked 30fps. Blur and dof are broken at higher res....

And then they removed music from gta iv on pc on version I've bought 10 years ago. How can they even remove music from a game I've bought full price years ago. It is even removed on xboz one bc. Best way to play is still 360 and ps3.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
just buy it from rockstar launcher youll get lots free games and more bonuses...
nah. games i already own? how exciting. the bonuses aren't that great. i'll buy it on Steam.

i have the game on PS4 and have waiting since then (only played about 10 hours of it) so i'm sure i can wait another month.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Epic should be outraged, they got an awful deal :messenger_winking_tongue: they couldn't afford more than a month of exclusivity and they lose a month of preorders to Rockstar's launcher with its own bonuses and free upgrades to premium editions and stuff.

But with their whole (non) argument being "it's just another launcher!" and "lower fee for the publishers/devs!" then every single EGS defender should get it on the Rockstar launcher, which is just another launcher, with a lower fee for its publishers/devs (0%!) and more free extras for the user!

Then why does Epic even pay for that month when supposedly their whole plan was to just build a multi-store/launcher world where anyone and poor publishers can have their own (like was the norm long before EGS became a thing, lol, let's skip past more of reality to entertain those so called arguments). Why try to take 12% from even one RDR2 sale, how evil is that, when they can make it so the publisher gets 100% of all sales by not selling it at all and just pimping "just another launcher", Rockstar's own? Heh. How can any Epic shill even entertain buying it on EGS after all that?

Last edited:

scalman

who cares of steam anyway ... lots more places to get game , it s not just on epic store . but then some people will allways cry , from now till it releases get ready to crying pages on this thread...

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Btw. I loved rdr2 storry and characters but controls and pacing was terrible... And I love gta iv... How they will translate these horrible controls to pc will be interesting

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Btw. I loved rdr2 storry and characters but controls and pacing was terrible... And I love gta iv... How they will translate these horrible controls to pc will be interesting
for starters...we'll be using a keyboard/mouse. not an awful controller.

they tuned GTA V for keyboard/mouse controls so i don't see why it'd be any different for this.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
tenor.gif

Where are all those people who said RDR2 wouldn't come to PC because without RDR1 it didn't make any sense, and it's literally impossible to play a videogame sequel without having first played the original?

Bleep-bloop, does not compute. Amirite guys?

I mean it was obvious the moment they found PC references in the code. But people were still saying that shit 🤷‍♂️

lukilladog

who cares of steam anyway ... lots more places to get game , it s not just on epic store . but then some people will allways cry , from now till it releases get ready to crying pages on this thread...

Nahh, in this case there are options, Epic failed to poison the well this time.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
for starters...we'll be using a keyboard/mouse. not an awful controller.

they tuned GTA V for keyboard/mouse controls so i don't see why it'd be any different for this.
Looking around and aiming is NOT a problem in this game. It's all the other modifiers, non context and context keys. Many actions on 1 button. It is super weird.

Digity

So what mods do you want to see implemented?

Me: better fast travel and all weapons can be equipped and no more getting bounties for harmless bumping.
Get rid of all the "realism" garbage they added. I don't wanna spend more time looting my enemies than killing them. Speed the game up and get rid of all the bloated mechanics that do nothing but slow the game down.

It's still going to be sluggish and convoluted.

They did make improvements to player movement in Online, though. But for some reason they're keeping those improvements out of Story mode. I guess they just really like Arthur being slow as molasses.

Get rid of all the "realism" garbage they added. I don't wanna spend more time looting my enemies than killing them. Speed the game up and get rid of all the bloated mechanics that do nothing but slow the game down.
Again, they made these improvements... in Online only. Arthur is forever destined to be slow.

Last edited:
That's because most people have no principles and will buy anything then bend over backwards to convince themselves that they're not supporting a scummy as fuck company. Take 2 is one of the worst, most anti-consumer corporations out there. Up there with EA at this point. I'm sure RDR2 will, unfortunately, sell gangbusters...but they're not going to get a penny from me.

zeorhymer

Will mods be allowed since more than likely, when you launch the game on Steam, it'll open up on Rockstar's launcher to run the game?

WindomURL

This is great news for the PC crew who haven't gotten to play it yet. Hopefully it allows for all kinds of changes to the controls, which was my foremost complaint with it. I mean, really Rockstar wtf.

Hoping for strength, but I can see myself double dipping on this....

scalman

why would game that was made for controller analogs would need mouse and keyboard to control ? Online maybe ... but main game .. no . i never play any PC game without controller for years now. if its not supporting im not playing it at all.

Dunki

I wonder how much money Epic Paid for this one month exclusive (They only care about Steam) But looks like even their money is not enough for such a game :p

Top Bottom