• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Red Redemption 2 coming to PC November 5th

I for one can't wait to conquer the Wild West with my trust steed: Thomas the Tank Engine. When the Skyrim dragons try to stop me robbing a bank with their Dubstep Rifles I'll have no choice but to rely on Goku and naked One Punch Man to help me.

We need to go bigger

giphy.gif

lukilladog

I would not get too excited with mods just yet, let´s wait until the script tools guys get their hands on the game.

Also is it true the game is gonna be AMD sponsored or is just a rumor?

Stuart360

I´m not sure this game has too much replay value on it, it´s slow paced and tedious at times. And the online never took off.
There will be a next gen version 100%. There have already been rumours along with this PC version. The next gen consoles will be so PC like that it would probably only take them a month to port it lol. The game would sell a few million if its a launch game next gen, no doubt about it.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
really looking forward to this. i enjoyed the first one immensely. the pacing was really nice, i like a slower, more immersive open world. this is gonna be nice...

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I didn’t like this game. I think with a few mods a lot of my gripes could be fixed. I’ll have to check back in later to see what the mod community does.

sol_bad

I don't know what Epic is trying to do here. You can either buy it directly from R* or if you've waited this long to play the game what is another month or two? What a waste of money.

Maybe Take Two weren't that impressed with Borderlands 3 sales? They are the same company right? Or am I confused.

Javthusiast

Banned
People can now enjoy the sluggish controls in over 60 frames. Rejoice everybody. xD

Nah it was obvious it would come later to make people double dip. I had my fun with the game and wish the same for pc players who get to play it for the first time or replay it.

Pagusas

Elden Member
But GTAV on PC had the same input lag at launch, they solved it some time later. I just hope its doesnt happen with RDR.

I bought it day 1 and has no where near the issue that I did on consoles. I think doubling the frame rate minimized the input lag hit.

pr0cs

I rarely double dip but seeing that rdr2 was my game of the Gen I am very tempted. I can dream of VR support like was hacked into gta5, I'd never leave that game world

alife

DzZjMJ8.png

Go ahead and hate. 1 month, let's go.

Free digital copy of GTA: San Andreas just to install the app (Claim by 10/8) isn't a bad deal despite having the original DVD-in-book copy with "Hot Coffee" :messenger_smirking:

Free digital copy of GTA: San Andreas just to install the app (Claim by 10/8) isn't a bad deal despite having the original DVD-in-book copy with "Hot Coffee" :messenger_smirking:
You don't get it if you have it on steam already .. Cheap Rockstar ... :messenger_pouting:
me trying to get it ...

Last edited:

Hudo

I see the launcher elitist community is alive and well in this thread.
That's what PC gaming is all about. Getting all tribal for whatever software you have to install to access some mandatory account so you can actually access your games.

I think I would've gave a shit if this was released day 1 with the consoles. But 1 year later any hype I might of had is long gone. They want to troll us, so I think I'll wait till it drops for sale for $15 or less like I did with GTA5.

Coflash

I'd get it on R* launcher if Steam's release wasn't so close. I've waited this long already, and a patch or two in the meantime won't hurt. Steam it is.

Kadayi

Banned
A king? a king of shit maybe

also "Steamies"? How old are you 😂

Pretty sure he's a Playstation Console Drive-by judging by his post history Rice. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about whatever half-formed imbecile dribble he spouts going forward, he's just desperately craving attention.

Mattyp

Gold Member
In my opinion, the most overrated game ever released. That is sits at 97% Metacritic is bordering on the absurd.

Controls like absolute ass and is soul crushingly boring. Absolutely no fun whatsoever to play.

That said, I'm sure it will look incredible.

The game is deadset shit, has such tedious flaws that make so many aspects of it an absolute chore. RDR1 was one of my games of the gen, I tossed RDR2 back into the pile after 5 hours and will never pick it up again. Hopefully moders might make it actually playable since reviewers can't stop drinking the Rockstar coolaid to call them out on a single flaw this game has.

b0uncyfr0

I just want the input lag to be fixed, or at least not as bad as on consoles. Maybe running it above 120+ will help with that. Also them mods....

Last edited:
why would game that was made for controller analogs would need mouse and keyboard to control ? Online maybe ... but main game .. no . i never play any PC game without controller for years now. if its not supporting im not playing it at all.

It doesnt "need" m/kb. Its jut better. The functionality of m/kb is just so undescribably better than pads for nearly every genre in existence that near every game is berrer playing with these tools. 3rd person games were never better on pads, contrary to popular belief. Its just as superior as the fps genre is. It doesnt even make sense to separate these two - why is it always said fps is beter on m/kb but 3rd person on pads? Except seeing your avatar on screen, nothing changes in 3rd person. Everything you do is strangled by how shit pads are for everything.

Aiming, turning, reactions, precision, inventory management, menu navigation - every single thing is gonna be better on m/kb

It doesnt "need" m/kb. Its jut better. The functionality of m/kb is just so undescribably better than pads for nearly every genre in existence that near every game is berrer playing with these tools. 3rd person games were never better on pads, contrary to popular belief. Its just as superior as the fps genre is. It doesnt even make sense to separate these two - why is it always said fps is beter on m/kb but 3rd person on pads? Except seeing your avatar on screen, nothing changes in 3rd person. Everything you do is strangled by how shit pads are for everything.

Aiming, turning, reactions, precision, inventory management, menu navigation - every single thing is gonna be better on m/kb

M/Kb are mainly great for games with guns, because you can aim, or strategy because you can point and direct. Try playing a fighting game with a m/kb, damn near impossible, joystick is the best for that genre. Gamepads are unbeatable for platformers, another genre that sucks with m/kb.

Last edited:
M/Kb are mainly great for games with guns, because you can aim, or strategy because you can point and direct. Try playing a fighting game with a m/kb, damn near impossible, joystick is the best for that genre. Gamepads are unbeatable for platformers, another genre that sucks with m/kb.

wrong on both accounts. Near impossible to play fighting games? Why? The functionality of the keyboard is exactly the same as a gamepad for this. They're completely neutral. Theres no advantage or disadvantage. Theres literally nothing, not a single thing that a controller does extra over a keyboard. This is another myth that propagated without merit.

The biggest myth is about platformers. Which are actually BETTER on a keyboard. Its not even difficult. Take a controller in your hand. How do you use the dpad? You have the thumb which needs to activate the four buttons that form the dpad. And your right hand for the action buttons. Now place your hand over the arrow keys on a keyboard. How does it sit? THREE fingers over the buttons at all times and a miriad of keys for every function imaginable reserved for your left hand. Platformers on a keyboard have increased functionality over a gamepad and offer BETTER controlls over gamepads.

M/kb isnt better for games with guns. Thats a side effect. Theyre better for every game with free camera controll. Which is near every game in every genre. They offer faster and better functionality in all aspects of a game's design. You can access everything in a game faster and better. Better, faster and broader access to a game's functions. Its a better tool in near every instance.

Top Bottom