• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Steel 2 in Nintendo Power (Red Dead Steel)

NP242_cover.png

2yl2qnm.jpg

Motion-Plus gameplay confirmed.

Well, this is an unusual twist for the franchise.

GDGF

Soothsayer
It's about freaking time. Cowboys and Samurai are awesome together. Hopefully whatever embargo there was is gone now and we'll get some videos. Can't wait for the monthly Nintendo Power thread now.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Not a direction I expected but it could be cool. The first had a lot of potential so hopefully this can pull through. Besides, Cowboys + Samurai = AWESOME

Grecco

There was a PS1 game that mixed Cowboys and Samurais, i cant remember the name of it cause i played it soooooooooo long ago.

But it was fun. Cowboys and Samurais are always awesome together. Color me interested in RS2 now.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Please oh please let us be able to use the katana to KILL regular enemies.

Gun and Sword combos could be awesomer than anything.

Azure J

Haunted am hype. :lol

Seriously this looks crazy interesting though. Cowboys and Samurai, east and west mashed into one design.

EDIT - Time the fuck out, Shin Megami Tensei on cover, wtf is up with that? o_O

Yazus

I'm 99999x interested than the first one, which always felt unresponsive for me.

I'm looking forward this one (especially the art style is giving me boners)

test_account

XP-39C²
On the front cover, was is that cowboy/sherrif guy on the right (the smaller picture)? Is it from Sunset Riders? Is it a new Sunset Riders game comming or is it Sunset Riders for the Virtual Console?

Jokeropia

Like I said in the other thread, crazy scenarios was one of the best things about Red Steel (like the Game District level) so this has potential.

Futuristic samurai cowboys. Awesome.

Azure J

Looking at the art direction, it looks like Ubi had the PoP Next guys do some of the design for the new lead. Nice.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Grecco said:
There was a PS1 game that mixed Cowboys and Samurais, i cant remember the name of it cause i played it soooooooooo long ago.

But it was fun. Cowboys and Samurais are always awesome together. Color me interested in RS2 now.

not PS1 , PS2 , it was Samurai Western

Edit: beaten

test_account

XP-39C²
EmCeeGramr said:
The Sunset Riders is apparently their Playback (retrospective) feature for the month.
Ah ok, thanks for the info! :) I wish that they made a new Sunset Riders game, and kept the same graphics style and that it was in 2d.

Linkup

Sunset Riders (SNES), yeah probably playback

and SMT is the Devil Survivor one and it's a preview

yuji naka

Morts

I just bought the first Red Steel the other day (in the Red Steel/No More Heroes two pack that I had no idea existed until I saw it at Best Buy - only $30!). It's not as bad as it was made out to be. Give the sequel some Metroid Prime 3 or better quality controls, not-rushed for launch graphics, and Motion Plus (confirmed?) and I'll be interested.

AzureJericho said:
Looking at the art direction, it looks like Ubi had the PoP Next guys do some of the design for the new lead. Nice.

Mm, I was just thinking that the artwork looked quite similar. Looks like something Humanoids might publish as well.

Sadist

Crap, I don't know what to do. I have the first one, but its really dissapointing averall. But seeing this... must not get hyped.

dacuk

This is a nice surprise.

Hope Ubi doesn't ruin what we imagine will be a kick-ass game.

The character design looks like coming from one of those European super-stylized comic books

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Cosmonaut X said:
Looks like something Humanoids might publish as well.

If it's a Blueberry/Arzach style mashup, this could be the best thing to come out of France since the ERE Informatique days.

They'll cock it up, though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
voodoopanda said:
There's also Rising Zan, the Samurai Gunman on PS1. Game rocks.

oh really there was one on PSone ? ...

* google*

oh hell
Rising_Zan.jpg

risingzan_screen005.jpg

risingzan_screen006.jpg

now after seeing that , same thing with first person with wiimote ...RS2 can do something interesting, they need to fix the engine tho .

Top Bottom