• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Steel 3 confirmed !

French official Nintendo Magazine today confirms that Red Steel 3 is in the works and that the game will support Wii Vitality Sensor. Do you think it will be officially unveiled during the E3 2010 press conference where the pulsometer should be present ?

I also link you a screenshot from the magazine :

0000276127.jpg

Source

Mmmm, I can take a franchise like this more often that changes the way its played. I really enjoyed the first one, and I'm loving the different tone and feel to the second. Only thing I dont like at the moment is the mission structure, as its pretty segmented. Still, awesome game that takes proper advantage of the wii, and a third is very welcome.

Still, I have a question...has the design of the vitality sensor changed?

cacildo

Wasnt Red Steel 2 the biggest bomb in the history of the mankind?

According to Gaf, it was like "oh my God 50.000 copies in 3 days? its a bomb! Its a boooomb!!! The franchise is dead and the Wii is doooomed"

By the way... Vitality sensor? Am i really supposed to believe this?

wsippel

Banned
upandaway said:
Vitality Sensor?

Whaaaaaaaa?
Jason VandenBerghe was talking about that in interviews a while ago. He wanted to implement a system where certain special attacks can be triggered depending on how calm you are.

That's... rather interesting. I love RS2, so yeah, give me more.

By RS2 I, of course, mean Radiant Silvergun 2. And by Radiant Silvergun 2, I mean Ikaruga. And by Ikaruga, I mean Red Steel 2.

Worth taking this with a pinch of salt, as ONM (in the UK, at least) has been rather dreadful with teasing reveals only for them to turn out to be a load of crap. Wouldn't be at all surprised if this was just an interview with the guys behind Red Steel saying that they want to make a third game using the VS...

GeekyDad

I'm glad to see Ubi giving this franchise the full green light. The second game was a tall order above the first, and the guys they have in charge of the series now seem really passionate about making it something to be taken seriously.

But vitality sensor? Nintendo still hasn't illustrated what its benefits are, so it's difficult to imagine what the hell Ubi will do with it for this game. Either way, they obviously have a winning formula intact now, so it should still be a game worth looking forward to. I'm in the minority crowd who still enjoy beat'em-ups, so I say, bring it on!

cacildo

Also, yeah, Red Steel 2 is amazing.
Thank God they still have some energy to pull out a sequel.
I hope they keep the same controls and focus on better mission structure, story, sidequests and collectibles

swerve

Mention of the vitality sensor suggests either:

-this is bogus
-this is a gimmicky series of mini-games using the RS2 engine
-there is a lot more to the V.S. than Nintendo has yet told us

Or, some combination of the above. Or something else. More Information Required!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Online/Multiplayer and some split screen local please :D
also some death matches,CtF etc and Wii speak and woo Ubi :D
Edit
Vitality Sensor...hmm wha.... Red Abs of Steel 3 ??? it is a work out fps?? :|

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Vitality sensor is actually coming out? :lol I figured that would be canned.

Hopefully they make the sequel more linear, the characters less stupid and the combat a little more precise.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm calling shenanigans on this for the time being.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
People who like fun, please try Red Steel 2. You will be very surprised.

And it's only $49 with Motion Plus at Best Buy.

farnham

Banned
cacildo said:
Wasnt Red Steel 2 the biggest bomb in the history of the mankind?

According to Gaf, it was like "oh my God 50.000 copies in 3 days? its a bomb! Its a boooomb!!! The franchise is dead and the Wii is doooomed"

By the way... Vitality sensor? Am i really supposed to believe this?
RS sold 80000 in the first month (Nov.2006).. and went on to sell over a million units world wide in time..

[Nintex]

Uuuuhh...

does this mean that the Vitality Sensor has been redesigned?
Last time we saw it they plugged it into the Wii Remote the same way the Nunhcuk is connected.

Effect

Seems a bit early to announce this if true. Though companies by now have to know how Wii game sell. They rarely do huge up front numbers. They sell over time and a number of them have gone over 1 million. I think even Modern Warfare Reflex has past that point by now last I heard.

They have the engine so why not make a 3rd game and improve things? It's not like Red Steel 2 won't continue to sell. If they want the franchise to do better then they have to support it and you do that by putting out another game you know is solid. Those that like the last one will get the new one. Those that passed on the last one for whatever reason (the first game) will see that the franchise is being supported, has improved greatly and might be more likely to try the new game out. Isn't that part of how Madden, GT, and all long running franchise got to the point they're at now?

gamingeek

"Red Steel 3 in development. Whereas the second game has just released, the developers Ubisoft Montreal, confirms the announcement of the third game, compatible with the vitality sensor"

Rough translation.

Didn't Ubisoft Paris make Red Steel 2?

Haunted

gamer-age: fuck yeah! Red Steel 2 is a great game, enjoyed it a lot.

sales-age: I'd say Red Steel 2 didn't do particularly well relative to its budget (4 years of development) and the bar set by its predecessor. Then again, Ubi probably thinks it would be even more of a waste to never use that engine and these assets again. Trying to get a bit more mileage out of that which has ben produced so far, clearly.

skeptics-age: if true, of course. OP has a middling track record iirc.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
People wont stop hating :lol

RockmanWhore said:
Vitality Sensor? But I don't have enough hands !

Who said you will attach it to your hands ?

Luigiv

gamingeek said:
"Red Steel 3 in development. Whereas the second game has just released, the developers Ubisoft Montreal, confirms the announcement of the third game, compatible with the vitality sensor"

Rough translation.

Hmm, I'm not sure if it was Ubisoft Paris, but your right that Red Steel 1 & 2 were by one of Ubi's French studios. Is Ubi trying to use the CoD development schedule on us?

gamingeek said:

Rough translation.

Yes. :-(

schuelma

I'm going to say this is false and incorrect, just like half the crap that comes out of this magazine.

Shiggy

Haunted said:
gamer-age: fuck yeah! Red Steel 2 is a great game, enjoyed it a lot.

sales-age: I'd say Red Steel 2 didn't do particularly well relative to its budget (4 years of development) and the bar set by its predecessor. Then again, Ubi probably thinks it would be even more of a waste to never use that engine and these assets again. Trying to get a bit more mileage out of that which has ben produced so far, clearly.

They could always try and use environments from RS1.5 which looked vastly superior.

gamingeek said:

Montreuil is a suburb of Paris, Ubisoft Paris = Ubisoft Montreuil.

Shiggy

schuelma said:
I'm going to say this is false and incorrect, just like half the crap that comes out of this magazine.

They reported incorrect information? I've never heard of the French ONM before.

Kifimbo

gamingeek said:

Rough translation.

Montreuil is not Montreal.

schuelma

Shiggy said:

Maybe I'm confusing it with the English ONM.

Lijik

schuelma said:

They probably saw the interview where Jason speculated about what he would use the vitality sensor for, and took it is "RED STEEL THREE OMG, STOP THE PRESSES"

(but i would love it if this was true)

Shiggy said:

The British ONM certainly has - I'd imagine the French version is just a translated reprint, but I could be wrong...

schuelma

Lijik said:
They probably saw the interview where Jason speculated about what he would use the vitality sensor for, and took it is "RED STEEL THREE OMG, STOP THE PRESSES"

(but i would love it if this was true)

That's what I am guessing as well.

Top Bottom