• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit’s New Hateful Content Rule

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007

Rule 1: Remember the human. Reddit is a place for creating community and belonging, not for attacking marginalized or vulnerable groups of people. Everyone has a right to use Reddit free of harassment, bullying, and threats of violence. Communities and people that incite violence or that promote hate based on identity or vulnerability will be banned.
Marginalized or vulnerable groups include, but are not limited to, groups based on their actual and perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, immigration status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or disability. These include victims of a major violent event and their families.

While the rule on hate protects such groups, it does not protect all groups or all forms of identity. For example, the rule does not protect groups of people who are in the majority or who promote such attacks of hate.
🤔

Last edited:

Zangiefy360

Cross Forum Drama ..........Queen
Aug 30, 2018
While the rule on hate protects such groups, it does not protect all groups or all forms of identity. For example, the rule does not protect groups of people who are in the majority or who promote such attacks of hate.
In the majority where? Conservatives are not the majority in the United States, world, or even on Reddit.

Whataborman

Apr 19, 2018
This is the digital version of what the maoist did after they destroyed all the statues.

I think we should call this Black Monday the day free speech died.
Agreed.

I feel like the pressure to start a race war is building more, and more.
I think the leftist's ultimate goal is to start a war based on culture, not race. Race is just a means to an end with them.

It's going to be the "right thinkers" vs the "wrong thinkers" and clearly they have decided that conservatives are guilty of wrongthink.

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
I don’t know anything about this guy, but I guarantee this is a response to trump retweeting the white power thing.

TTOOLL

Mar 22, 2012
"While the rule on hate protects such groups, it does not protect all groups or all forms of identity. For example, the rule does not protect groups of people who are in the majority or who promote such attacks of hate."

holy shit, this is incredible. Fuck reddit, I'm out.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
So judging by the rule, you are allowed to promote attacks of hate against the majority? If I am reading things correctly?

Should pull a backpage on Reddit and take them down for inciting violence.

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007
So judging by the rule, you are allowed to promote attacks of hate against the majority? If I am reading things correctly?
they should have just said straight out that hate rules don’t apply to white users, it’s fucking unbelievable

Grinchy

Aug 3, 2010
a cave outside of Whoville.
So it's literally a "you can say anything you want about white men, but nothing about anyone else" rule :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What if you're from Japan or something? Are you allowed to make negative Asian statements since where you live, Asian people are the majority?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
So it's literally a "you can say anything you want about white men, but nothing about anyone else" rule :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What if you're from Japan or something? Are you allowed to make negative Asian statements since where you live, Asian people are the majority?
Twitter is a global company... whites are the minority globally. Oh wait, this is the Marxist version of intersectionality. Whoops!

Meicyn

Banned
Jan 22, 2010
It’s honestly hilarious watching these companies chase those ad dollars pretending they care and jumping on the ridiculous you-can’t-discriminate-against-white-people train. I wonder how long it takes before they realize how far they overshot with the pendulum swing.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Power + Privilege. We're seeing language evolving in harmful ways. To any content creators, start collecting a mailing list. It's likely the last resort to have outreach anymore.
As in all things, I try to take the logic applied to some aspects of language and apply it to others. So I can see if an idea is absurd or if it goes down the dangerous path of changing the meanings of words, in an attempt to use free speech as a noose to stifle free speech as a whole.

For Example, take the First Amendment, authoritarians claim that it isn't censorship since the government isn't doing it, thus they can harass you with 'Consequences' going so far as to use violence to silence you.

Apply that to the Third Amendment, regarding the Government quartering troops in your house. Say then, can I get some friends and squat in your domicile without infringing on your rights? I am not the Government, so it's all good, right?

Now regarding Racism = power + privilege, let's apply that to the concept of Rape. Since the majority of women in the U.S. are White women, who by their metrics have privilege and power, does it follow that forcing sexual congress with a White woman would no longer be considered Rape? Why not, if racism requires intersectional dogma to explain away a meaning of racism, can not the same be applied to the idea of rape?

Fuck the regressive left and Marxists.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shodan09

Weiji

Jul 20, 2018
I browse wallstreetbets and the amount of “this won’t happen to us, we’re the good guys” comments are hilarious. Those dumb fucks don’t tow the commie line, they’ll get purged eventually.

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007
I browse wallstreetbets and the amount of “this won’t happen to us, we’re the good guys” comments are hilarious. Those dumb fucks don’t tow the commie line, they’ll get purged eventually.
yup. The Communists started With political subreddits and will work their way down. Wallstreetbets I’m Sure is on a hit list ... WrongThink and Capitalist’s.

Jan 7, 2018
Wow poor asian and blacks are not welcome on reddit anymore. What a crazy turn of events. :messenger_ok:

i'm half joking... It seems that those idiots don't even realize that whites are a minority in the world

Whataborman

Apr 19, 2018
Question for people commenting on this thread:

How many of you still have Reddit accounts?

Why?

It's one thing to complain, it's another to do something about it.

If you don't like the direction Reddit (or any other social media site) is headed, delete your account. Don't use the service and don't give them your advertising dollars. Declining subscriber and users numbers is the only way that companies like this will learn.

Remember, Reddit really only became popular because Digg alienated it's userbase and Reddit, who at that time was pro-free speech, just happened to be a useable alternative.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
It’s honestly hilarious watching these companies chase those ad dollars pretending they care and jumping on the ridiculous you-can’t-discriminate-against-white-people train. I wonder how long it takes before they realize how far they overshot with the pendulum swing.
They aren't chasing ad dollars. They are purposefully and illegally colluding to act against their own profit motivated interest because they are trying to steal the election for Joe Biden.

They will willingly crash their company to get Trump out.

You have companies boycotting putting ads on facebook, just ads, not getting rid of their FB pages or stopping FB activity, just ads. And those same companies are losing 100's of millions of dollars and tanking their stock price.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Oct 12, 2012

Why?

If you don't like the direction Reddit (or any other social media site) is headed, delete your account. Don't use the service and don't give them your advertising dollars. Declining subscriber and users numbers is the only way that companies like this will learn.

Remember, Reddit really only became popular because Digg alienated it's userbase and Reddit, who at that time was pro-free speech, just happened to be a useable alternative.
Yep, they're banning conservatives and the best way conservatives can teach them a lesson is to unsubscribe! That'll show them ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Honjo

Liberty4all

Nov 11, 2007

Why?

I switched to Parler personally but still have a few niche subreddits I’m in.

Zangiefy360

Cross Forum Drama ..........Queen
Aug 30, 2018
But by all means, continue fapping to all the desperate and mentally unstable chicks who post photos of themselves inserting increasingly bigger items into the orifices for attention in our nude groups.
Reddit long ago lost its value. Now the DNC are sucking the last bit of life out of them. They'll be toast in a few years.

• Fire
Reactions: Tesseract