• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Reddit] Rockstar announcement for E3 will 'blindside' people

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
X25tWLW.jpg

cormack12

Gold Member
So they've just acquired Dhruva Interactive which made Payday 2 but also did work on Sea of Thieves. Future immersive also have some VR tech for ships and boats. I wonder if they are ready to try go pirate and get ahead of Sea of Thieves and Ubi's Skull and Bones.

M0G

Yeah RDR2 on PC would be blindsiding at this point. PC crowd being back in the Rockstar thinks we're shit category again. That's what I hope for but Bully 2 is what I expect. A GTA London game would be incredibly special imo and is something they should have done a long time ago.

Paradicia

RDR2 Win 10 Exclusive.
GTA: London in the 60s.
GTA: Japan
GTA: One big ass Island.

Who knows though. R* have never made an 'appearance' at E3

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I'm putting money on a few things, one being RDR2 finally being shown. Another is they will finally confirm they are working on a new GTA, as if the world doesn't already know, but maybe drop a few more details. I can't see them dropping a trailer yet, its way too early. They may as show Bully off, as either a remake of the first or a full on sequel.

And hey you never know, maybe they will even finally announce Pro/X patches for G...…. Nah, of course they wont... Fuck...

Putting money on a new GTA game, it's something they guarantee, will sell mega units. Why would they focus their resources on anything else that's not a certain money maker?

tanooki27

why would they waste time at a big media event showing a PC port of a game released last year? the masses don’t give a shit about RDR2 on PC; they already played it on the bone/ps4.

Bully 2 announcement would make sense on the massive platform that is E3. Remember that this so called series is not that well known. Hell it's not even called Bully in the UK! They may even call it Bully or something else rather than add a 2....

This is the perfect platform to announce it. I expect cross gen.

Saber

Gold Member
Do you think its Bully?
Very rumored...but I dont think it would make people blind. Theres something weird with that, maybe an exclusivity.

Last edited:

Zannegan

Blindsided? Like a Rockstar-developed, Xbox-exclusive Conker revival (basically a self-aware furry GTA)? Nah, that's more a job for the Saints Row guys.

Last edited:

TimFL

why would they waste time at a big media event showing a PC port of a game released last year? the masses don’t give a shit about RDR2 on PC; they already played it on the bone/ps4.
Oh my sweet summer child, how cute.

To the people clamoring for a GTA set outside of murica: Houser bros said on multiple occasions that GTA is and will always be set in the USA. Gone are the days of London and co.

amigastar

I hope it's a sequel to GTA: Chinatown Wars, but i don't believe it. Whatever it is i feel suddenly hyped for this E3.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
The only thing I would consider to be blindsided by would be a new IP. Or something that I would never expect them to make again like Midnight Club.

Stafford

It's either going to be at MS or Nintendo's direct. In the case of the latter it could be GTAV for Switch? Stranger things have happened.

Either way, I don't believe they will do anything at all. Who is that poster anyway?

Last edited:

pr0cs

Hoping for a pc version of rdr2 including a VR mode.
That would be a dream for me and ensure I double dip and replay one of my favourite games in the last ten years

Kadayi

Banned
Well, a couple of thoughts.

Firstly maybe a remake of RDR using the RDR2 engine. coupled with a PC release of both.

secondly GTA 6

Celcius

°Temp. member
Here’s a random prediction: it’s not the game that will blindside you, it’s the release date. Grand Theft Auto 6 available later the same day it’s announced!

I dislike marketing speak such as this. If it was going to 'blindside' us (which is offensive to sidewards blind people) then it shouldn't be about GTA or RDR. But, because marketing speak and reasons, it will definitely be about RDR and GTA.

BR GTA or BR RDR?

Top Bottom