• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Reddit] Rockstar announcement for E3 will 'blindside' people

Iced Arcade

Only a few things would blindside Imo.

- GTA on switch
- Rockstar being acquired.
- dumb move like making a new GTA exclusive to 1 platform.

RDR2 on PC, new GTA, Bully 2 wouldn't really shock me.

TeamGhobad

Banned
That's a fair point... still, Cyberpunk 2077 is a thing so I don't think GTA6 is off the table. Not that I care, I've never been into GTA.

not sure how they will handle that game on current gen systems, im actually worried about it. cause that city looked very dense and populated.

Drake

Could Rockstar even get away with making a new Manuhunt these days? I feel like with how ultra violent a modern version would be the gaming press would condemn it to no end. Although I doubt Rockstar gives a flying fuck what game journalists think.

PSYGN

Experience GTA 6 through the eyes of a blind man and his best friend Pupperino.

Last edited:

Stafford

I found the poster on Reddit. Can't really see if he's a legit poster or just a clown claiming to know shit. He does have a high karma, not sure how much that says on Reddit? Ah well, we'll find out soon enough.

Breakage

I reckon it's Max Payne 4. I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar has been looking at John Wick for inspiration.
I don't think there is enough interest in Midnight Club for it to blindside people.

Last edited:

Stafford

I reckon it's Max Payne 4. I wouldn't be surprised if Rockstar has been looking at John Wick for inspiration.
I don't think there is enough interest in Midnight Club for it to blindside people.

This would be fantastic, but i recall that MP3 didn't sell too great for Rockstar standards. I doubt we'll see Max again.

Also, isn't it way too early for the "new" Rockstar to already announce a new game? They haven't done that in a long time. RDR2 came out less than a year ago.

Breakage

This would be fantastic, but i recall that MP3 didn't sell too great for Rockstar standards. I doubt we'll see Max again.

Also, isn't it way too early for the "new" Rockstar to already announce a new game? They haven't done that in a long time. RDR2 came out less than a year ago.
Yeah, true. But you never know.
I suppose the word “blindside” has just got everyone thinking.

ultrazilla

No doubt in my mind it will be the official reveal of the PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2 along with it being available immediately after the reveal.
So surprise announcement and release of RDR2 on PC at E3.

OrionNebula

I don’t see a rumoured Bully 2 (or RDR2 on PC for that matter) as ‘’blindside’’ material, to be honest

Something like Max Payne 4 would definitely blindside me, but I doubt it’ll be that

Dlacy13g

Well, I would guess a blindside announcement from Rockstar would be them bringing the previously mentioned Agent game to the Switch as an exclusive. I mean (if true...which I tend to doubt) its either going to be on the Nintendo Direct or at the Xbox conference since Sony isn't at E3 at all. I suppose it could be some kind of PC announcement but that doesn't seem like a Rockstar type of reveal. So ... I say its Switch related.

Comfortgel

How about time travelling with the Delorean knock-off in GTA V to RDR2?

I'd love them to surprise announce a L.A.Noire sequel, but I have a feeling it's gonna be :

8wIpQiI.jpg

Solarstrike

latest

Manhunt 3 or a new Midnight Club is my bet. Maybe they licensed some of their IP's. Example being, Machine Games doing Manhunt 3. :unsure:

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
I've been saying for awhile now that I need Microsoft to give me a reason to buy their console. If they actually acquired Rockstar that would be a serious kick in my balls and be the last time I'm not a Microsoft console owner.

Justin9mm

They announce they finally fixed HDR in RDR2! That would blindside me!

After this latest patch, I actually don't think they even know what HDR is.

MC Safety

Have Rockstar ever announced anything at E3?

Rockstar doesn't often show up to E3. In fact, I can only remember one Rockstar appearance at E3; it had a huge camper van parked on the show floor.

I'm not sure Rockstar will be attending this year's E3. Maybe the guy who made the post in question is suggesting the titanic announcement will coincide with E3?

Top Bottom