• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit rumor: Insomniac almost worked on Conker reboot, Banjo + PD reboot in 2016/17

JaggedSac

Another proponent of "the power of the cloud", outed as a bullshit artist? That's certainly a strange and unexpected development.

Oh well, stick him on the pile with Penello and company.

You know DaveJ is working(I think even created) at a company called Cloudgine that is working on the new Crackdown which harnesses ze powa of ze cloud. Should he go in the pile too?

So did Kampfheld clarify his position before he got whacked?

EDIT:I see his been a naughty boy tut tut.

He never stated that he was working at Cloudgnine. Aren't they just developing the cloud tech and MS has another studio working on the actual game? I'm a little confused by the turn of events.

Couldn't they both be right? Anyway he's gone and left us his goodbye post. Looking forward to whatever comes out of the stuff he was working on.

Doukou

He never stated that he was working at Cloudgnine. Aren't they just developing the cloud tech and MS has another studio working on the actual game? I'm a little confused by the turn of events.

Couldn't they both be right? Anyway he's gone and left us his goodbye post. Looking forward to whatever comes out of the stuff he was working on.

Dave J also said Kamp isn't working on Crackdown.

Pennywise

Yep, everyone had a great time when he was spreading false information in recent times...

I was having a great time when CBOAT gave us both negative and positive news that were accurate over years.
Someone with such a good track record was truly a blessing.

His latest two contributions were shit though, but he gave us alot more correct and great information that nearly no one else did.

Tntnico

Also the idea of a quick turn around sounds very bad. I'd be really worried they would ruin what is left of any old franchise if they rush out a release and I'd imagine we would end up getting stuff like Crackdown 2 which were OK but could have been a lot better and improved on the original.

Kudo recently said that he wanted to add players in the process of game creation, right ? Would be really good if a small group of fans of Conker is created for consulting on the reboot of these IPs. But I agree, best scenario is Chris Seavior consultat or game designer on the project.

For Banjo Kazooie, no need of this because Gregg Mayles works at Rare :)

I was having a great time when CBOAT gave us both negative and positive news that were accurate over years.

His latest two contributions were shit though, but he gave us alot more correct and great information that nearly no one else did.

Im trying to think of anything "positive" he ever gave us?

He was wrong about ID@Xbox, about Titanfall and the November NPDs. Been a long time since he was "right". Even when he was accurate he still got things wrong, like Prince of Persia.

Leaking news the day of or just before the 2013 E3 press conference doesn't exactly seem like something to champion either. About the only positive thing I can think of is his comments on Black Tusks game and even then, we have no way to verify that considering it got canned.

Dizzy

Banned
Kill Rare and then force another developer to do a rush job on a new game.

I'm glad this didn't get made to be honest.

Ade

Heh. I posted many times that kampf seemed dubious and was told to stfu...

I'll continue to trust my instincts.

Prine

Banned

He was consistently wrong post launch, his tone of information was to discredit MS, the truth was far more positive than he led people to believe, he's junk status, he's not in a position of knowledge it seems.

Pennywise

He was wrong about ID@Xbox, about Titanfall and the November NPDs. Been a long time since he was "right". Even when he was accurate he still got things wrong, like Prince of Persia.

Leaking news the day of or just before the 2013 E3 press conference doesn't exactly seem like something to champion either. About the only positive thing I can think of is his comments on Black Tusks game and even then, we have no way to verify that considering it got canned.

Dead Rising 3, Dead Space coop blowout (questionable positve for me personally :p), 360 infos back in the day, and obviously positive game infos like some E3 bits.

It's not that hard to browse through his relative small post history, which contains alot of information no one here on GAF has, except for those that are part of the dev community or specifically know people.

I really enjoyed his presence, as he wasn't someone constantly around and talking about stuff, just giving us something every once in a while.
There were persons who were far more obnoxious.

Of course those wrong informations have been bad, but you know it better enough that some things can change.
Like you could still learn CS GO to rival Quiche :p

shandy706

After playing more SO, Insomniac could have really done Banjo or Conker justice......

ig58mKVSxHhtO.png

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I don't know anything about this Khampfield dude, but couldn't he possibly be at MS Studios working on it in some capacity. He doesn't have to be at Cloudgine. I'm sure Dave Jones is correct with his statement saying he's not a Cloudgine employee but I don't know if he would know every MS employee working on it in Redmond.
He wasn't at Redmond.

he's never said anything positive, also pretty sure his ban is lifted right at the time of E3. so yeah there is that.

CBOAT WILL SAVE US
FAMOUSMORTIMER WILL SAVE US
THUWAY WILL SAVE US
KAMPFHELD WILL SAVE US

Who will save us now?

Nobody.

I honestly don't get the leak begging that goes around here, or the people who pretend to be insiders so they can get attention. It almost never works out and comes off as a desperate cling for attention.

When a game get's revealed, it gets revealed. There's enough games out there to keep yourself occupied.

Maybe we just stop caring what 'insiders' have to say?

Nobody.

I honestly don't get the leak begging that goes around here, or the people who pretend to be insiders so they can get attention. It almost never works out and comes off as a desperate cling for attention.

When a game get's revealed, it gets revealed. There's enough games out there to keep yourself occupied.

Don't misunderstand me gents. I too, care very little for "insiders." Each and everyone of them starts out reasonably honest and then absolute power corrupts them absolutely. Once they get a following and folk start hanging on their every word, they get too big for their britches. It literally happens like this every time.

We don't need insiders. People showing up a few days before a big announcement to spoil it are crap and shouldn't be tolerated. There's room for whistleblowers, but that is a completely different topic. If devs want to hint at games they're working on themselves, that's cool too, but the Age of the Insiders™ is finished and I, for one, am glad.

Sorry to see Kamp go down. I hope all the Banjo stuff is real and we see it at E3.

I just hope 343i has big plans for Big Team Battle.

Also Banjo. The fact that Phil Spencer has been teasing Rare-related things makes me think we'll get two games from them at E3. Downloadable Battletoads and AAA Banjo.

G17

He's gotten a lot of things correct, he goes all the way back to 2005 when he stated the specs of the Xbox 360 in a variety of threads I believe.

His recent leaks looked like trolls/a comprised account but he had a long run of correct information on GAF.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=34833

leaking info the day before or day of e3 just seems like a dick measuring move.

Top Bottom