• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit: The last F76 patch is a disaster & Bethesda now silently deletes/removes threads & users from their forum over it

NickFire

Is it possible that everyone who knows what they are doing have been shifted to next generation development, including community managers?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
wednesday.gif

Let it burn.

Shin

Banned
They should delete themselves while at it, what a shit show Fallout 76 turned out to be.
I never played Fallout, but isn't it the case that the later games performed worse compared to the previous entries?
Or am I remembering wrong? 76 sounds like franchise fatigue and the company behind it milking for the sake of.....milking.

iconmaster

Banned
This game has been more than worth the zero dollars I spent on it in sheer entertainment value.

Heck, I should probably throw a fiver their way.

renzolama

People still play Fallout 76?

I was playing it as a relaxer / palette-cleanser in the evenings occasionally until this patch. They completely nerfed all of the most player-beneficial gear/perks with no replacements or adjustments elsewhere in design to compensate for lost player effort and additional grind now required. It reminds me of early arenanet patching in Guild Wars 2 where they removed all potential shortcuts to grinding over and over again.

Last edited:

Helios

I was playing it as a relaxer / palette-cleanser in the evenings until this patch. They completely nerfed all of the most player-beneficial gear/perks with no replacements or adjustments elsewhere in design to compensate for lost player effort and additional grind now required. It reminds me of early arenanet patching in Guild Wars 2.
Are the changes any indication that they might be switching to a F2P model?

renzolama

That's way too contentious an issue for me to make any definitive statements on either way, but they did tune the game to require significantly more resources / effort to complete endgame content and gear maintenance requirements.

Edit: I suspect it's more likely that they did it to 'balance' the game for the new pvp mode that they're hoping will increase twitch views

Last edited:

NickFire

I think there was a thread last week (or so) where someone referenced the devs saying that is not happening. I could be wrong, and heck they would probably lie until the day it actually went F2P anyway to avoid discouraging sales. But as of now no real proof I believe.

Fbh

I'm surprised people still care about it.
It's not like $60 is nothing but at some point you just move on. It would be one thing if the game had improved dramatically since launch but all I read is that they keep fucking up with the updates.

WIll Bethesda be at E3 this year? I am starting to think that may not be a good idea.

I hope so. Just out of morbid curiosity to see how they try to get good will back

Stuart360

I'm surprised people still care about it.
It's not like $60 is nothing but at some point you just move on. It would be one thing if the game had improved dramatically since launch but all I read is that they keep fucking up with the updates.

I hope so. Just out of morbid curiosity to see how they try to get good will back
Gameplay footage of Starfield or Elder Scrolls 6 and all will be forgotten in 99% of gamers minds, and Bethesda know this.

Inviusx

For anyone curious about the context (I still play every day) Bethesda nerfed a super OP weapon type that people were farming for/duping/paying real money for and players are salty about it.

Aside from that, the patch also reverted a bug change that reduced the weight of bobby pins.

The patch also added some new QOL features that people have been asking for since launch.

So in reality it's just the usual whining that takes place after most F76 patches. Just this time people are mad that their unbalanced one hit kill weapon got fixed.

Last edited:

Fbh

Gameplay footage of Starfield or Elder Scrolls 6 and all will be forgotten in 99% of gamers minds, and Bethesda know this.

Probably, yeah.
Though I still think this might have been the game to push people to the point they are no longer going to be forgiving with Bethesda and their usual stuff.

If they show Starfield and it looks great then sure. But if they show it and it looks dated and janky then I don't know

Helios

I think there was a thread last week (or so) where someone referenced the devs saying that is not happening. I could be wrong, and heck they would probably lie until the day it actually went F2P anyway to avoid discouraging sales. But as of now no real proof I believe.
You're right. I remember it now.

angelic

Banned
It's a battle of the turds between Anthem and Fallout. Just when Anthem smears itself on your walls and furniture, Fallout leaps out of the toilet and into your mouth as you sleep.

Bethesda will fall from grace sooner or later. Their game will not be up to par with current standards and they will eventually get bought out by some Asian mobile company. Anyone who thinks that Bethesda still has it in them to create classics like Skyrim and Fallout 3 is in for a huge disappointment. Fallout 4 was a huge warning sign in terms of their dwindling creative force. They will just rehash their franchise with enough competence so that fans will not notice how far they are from glory days.

They've done enough to become legends in the eyes of gamers and the gaming industry. They just need to stop shitting on their legacy if they even care about it anymore. Fallout 76 is not a good sign of that.

magnumpy

fallout 76 makes me so angry I just want to cry :(

you hurt me bethesda! it will take years of therapy to recover from your crimes against humanity :(

:messenger_loudly_crying:

Mista

Banned
What a garbage game. I never liked Glitchesda and their games maybe a game or two are an exception

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
re-release Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas like you did for Skyrim and give both free to day 1 owners of Fallout 76.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
WIll Bethesda be at E3 this year? I am starting to think that may not be a good idea.

No reason for Bethesda the publisher to skip. Will have more Doom Eternal marketing and a teaser for Mikami's new game.

Bethesda the developer? Yeah you're right.

bilderberg

Bethesda is actively self sabotaging their game. Do they have double agents from bioware, EA, god knows where else in their studio?

magnumpy

re-release Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas like you did for Skyrim and give both free to day 1 owners of Fallout 76.

fallout 76 has a value that is less than zero. it's like taking a shit in a box, giving someone the box, and saying "here you go friend!"

you'd be lucky if their reaction was something better than a punch in the nose.

DS_Joost

Haven't read the thread properly but... let this thing die please. I am a hardcore Bethesda RPG fan, and I just want this whole thing to die in a properly lit fire. I hated what they did with this from the start, and to me, it always seemed like it would backfire. So it did. Let Fallout 76 do as much damage as it can, so as to make clear that, as much as we love Bethesda games, that they never pull off this tomfoolery again!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I sold my copy to a local store, so maybe the owners can make $20-$30 before it really sinks down in price. It was an awful Fallout game to end the generation with.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I sold my copy to a local store, so maybe the owners can make $20-$30 before it really sinks down in price. It was an awful Fallout game to end the generation with.
I thought Fallout 4 was pretty good, but a few weeks ago I decided to play it again and install mods. Mods weren't around at the time on X, but wanted to install god mode and unlimited ammo and plow through the game to have fun.

Man, that game aged horribly. I never realized how clunky and ugly that game was and quit after a few nights of fiddling around with quests and mods.

Although, one cool mod is a 60 fps/720p. The 60 fps isn't perfect and there is screen tearing, but what a difference 50-60 fps makes in a Bethesda console game.

Stuart360

I thought Fallout 4 was pretty good, but a few weeks ago I decided to play it again and install mods. Mods weren't around at the time on X, but wanted to install god mode and unlimited ammo and plow through the game to have fun.

Man, that game aged horribly. I never realized how clunky and ugly that game was and quit after a few nights of fiddling around with quests and mods.

Although, one cool mod is a 60 fps/720p. The 60 fps isn't perfect and there is screen tearing, but what a difference 50-60 fps makes in a Bethesda console game.
Thats a pretty cool mod by the sound of it. Pretty ridiculous thougth that you have to drop the resolution down to 720p on the freaking OneX to reach close to 60fps on Fallout 4. God Bethesda sucks sometimes.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Thats a pretty cool mod by the sound of it. Pretty ridiculous thougth that you have to drop the resolution down to 720p on the freaking OneX to reach close to 60fps on Fallout 4. God Bethesda sucks sometimes.
Visuals are so muddy to begin with, the 720p wasn't too bad. Another perk was all the menu screens and pipboy stuff moved super fast too.

Starfield

It's a shame that Bethesda as a name is getting all the hate since the guys from Bethesda Game Studios Austin mainly worked on Fallout 76, their previous title was Battlecry which got received poorly.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's a shame that Bethesda as a name is getting all the hate since the guys from Bethesda Game Studios Austin mainly worked on Fallout 76, their previous title was Battlecry which got received poorly.
Had to Google it. never even heard of Battlecry. Looks like it got cancelled.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
This game is either gonna end up on one of those top ten natural disaster lists or a "This is how you DON'T develop a game" showcases along with Yandere Simulator.

Top Bottom