• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie: Nintendo will have a big E3 this year.

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://nintendoeverything.com/reggi...ear-showcasing-games-for-both-switch-and-3ds/

“E3 is always a big time for Nintendo. We look at each E3 as a unique opportunity to tell our story. And we’re gonna have a big E3 this year. We’re going to be showcasing a variety of games. We will have experiences for… consumers will be able to attend the show for the very first time. So I’m not gonna tell you all of the various games and all of our little secrets for E3, but I can tell you that E3 is going to be a major opportunity for us to showcase not only Nintendo Switch, but also content coming to Nintendo 3DS.”

I 100% believe this. Nintendo didn't speak about E3 last year until Kimishima talked to investors at the late April meeting.

Omgggg my excitement. I'm expecting this to be so damn good. Nintendo wants to keep the Switch train going. Retros game 🤤

Magikoopa24

Neo Member
As if there was any ever doubt- prior years were plagued with a failing system and another winding down in years. Now, with one big new system, I expect a ton of games come Tuesday morning, hopefully most coming within the next year or so.

Mik2121

As a Switch owner, definitely looking forward to what they announce. Hopefully something related to Animal Crossing too. It's been too long since the 3DS version released here (almost 4 and a half years).

PS. I couldn't care less about the 3DS support though, lol.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Nintendo's E3 offerings are typically titles for the holidays as they don't typically announce games that are years off (Wii U panic directs aside) like other publishers, so this is definitely hella exciting.

watershed

Banned
Well they kind of have to. This is gonna be the Switch's first E3. if Nintendo doesn't have a blowout it would be a terrible signal about the Switch's software line up. Nintendo has to leave E3 with people excited by a lot more than just Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey.

It seems like Nintendo has a map of to this holiday season. E3 is going to be big for them. They showed up with only one game last year. got a feeling this will ne the switch real coming out party for there first party games.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned

As a Switch owner, definitely looking forward to what they announce. Hopefully something related to Animal Crossing too. It's been too long since the 3DS version released here (almost 4 and a half years).

PS. I couldn't care less about the 3DS support though, lol.

Gonna be a while for Animal Crossing Switch. New Leaf just got a big update and the mobile game will be released soon.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I'm skeptical, but it would be great if so. Nintendo needs to knock this out of the park and open the Switch software floodgates

Skyzard

Banned
I hope it's not mostly WiiU ports, I like my WiiU and have no intention of getting rid of it or the games. Plus I use it mostly in handheld mode anyway.

Except Mario Maker and a decent handheld version of smash bros would be okay too, I can understand people really want these asap, as long as that doesn't mean Switch won't get it's own sequels later.

Kororinpa HD Rumble Edition, Mario Strikers and F-Zero (new) would sell me on the switch.

blamite

I don't doubt it, but I also don't want to hear the word "3DS."

I wonder if they're still planning on releasing that Pikmin game for it.

I've adopted an "I'll believe it when I see it" policy with Nintendo at E3. Sometimes they knock it out of the park, but other times they give us Metroid Prime Federation Force, Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, and an undercooked Starfox game in the same presentation with little to nothing else.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I mean there's major blanks in the Switch's release calendar. It's going to depend mostly on how far into the future Nintendo is going to allow us to see.

It's best to keep a cautiously optimistic stance with Nintendo at E3 at best. Although, it doesn't seem like their directs are as regular any more so maybe that gives them more room to announce stuff at E3.

The 3ds is extremely successful, why leave it?

I'm sure the focus will be on Switch regardless

Cuz it's such a bummer to hold and look at after Switch. :(

Magikoopa24

Neo Member
Well they kind of have to. This is gonna be the Switch's first E3. if Nintendo doesn't have a blowout it would be a terrible signal about the Switch's software line up. Nintendo has to leave E3 with people excited by a lot more than just Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey.

I mean, there's a reason we don't know of any summer/fall games for the system, sans Odyssey- why say in January when E3 is made for that timeframe?

Wonder if they are going to have an actual Press Conference this year or just a Direct. Personally I think they should go all in on a big show. Switch is off to a great start and Nintendo needs to send the message they are fully on board and invested in it.

watershed

Banned
I don't doubt it, but I also don't want to hear the word "3DS."

I wonder if they're still planning on releasing that Pikmin game for it.

The 3ds will be featured at E3 for sure. There are still games coming out for it in 2017 and a very large install base including a lot of consumers who aren't gonna jump to the Switch year 1.

My guess is the 3DS mention is referring to already announced but yet to be dated 3DS games, like Pikmin and Ever Oasis. I highly doubt at this point that Nintendo has much in the way of in development games for 3DS. Outside of NISA localizations and Atlus, there won't be much else from third parties either. There will be a big switch focus this year, expect at least 2 big releases for 2017 we haven't heard about yet, and a couple of 2018 games (more details on Fire Emblem, for example).

AdanVC

Sooooooooo damn hyped! Especially for Super Mario Odyssey! Also, I freaking hope Retro Studios finally reveals their new game and it can launch soon! We haven't heard of them since Tropical Freeze back in 2014. At this point their new game should be almost ready!

Top Bottom