• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Regular 3DS is $139.99 at Newegg

Searched, couldn't find anything.

Lasts until 11:59 PT on 2/17!

You'll get $30 off a 3DS if you just enter the code when the item is in your cart. They have black, red, purple, and aqua blue available which is nice.

Code: EMCYTZT2938

Black 3DS link

Purple 3DS link

Red 3DS link

EDIT: Aqua blue appears to be out of stock.

Not a bad deal if anyone is interested in the newer games coming out. The code doesn't work for the XL unfortunately but still pretty good.

I'm seriously considering getting one. I really want soul hackers and Smt 4 soon... I know I shouldn't be spending the money tho.

Korezo

I just played some games on a XL and the graphics quality look all pixelated and a jagfest. I don't remeber that when I had a OG 3ds. So the original still has some purpose. I would buy it again and tempted now for MH.

Mileena

Banned
I just played some games on a XL and the graphics quality look all pixelated and a jagfest. I don't remeber that when I had a OG 3ds. So the original still has some purpose. I would buy it again and tempted now for MH.
Image quality is shit on both systems because of the crap res/screen. Increased comfort is the main reason to get an XL, as the original model is made for a child's hands.

rbanke

I didn't wake up expecting to impulse buy a 3DS. I guess I should now go see what games I want to buy lol. Is there a 'best of 3DS games' thread on Gaf to look through?

I didn't wake up expecting to impulse buy a 3DS. I guess I should now go see what games I want to buy lol

Inexpensive and pure awesome:

Tom_Clancy%E2%80%99s_Ghost_Recon_-_Shadow_Wars_cover_art.jpg

ghostrecon3ds02.jpg

I didn't wake up expecting to impulse buy a 3DS. I guess I should now go see what games I want to buy lol. Is there a 'best of 3DS games' thread on Gaf to look through?

I believe this thread is what you might be looking for. Although, if there is a newer thread someone please correct me. Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D Land, Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Kart 7, and the upcoming Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Luigi's Mansion, and Animal Crossing: New Leaf are just a few off the top of my head. Lots of great games really :)

rbanke

Make sure you check out Best Buy and Amazon. They're having some good 3DS games like Layton and Mario SS for half off.

Inexpensive and pure awesome:

Tom_Clancy%E2%80%99s_Ghost_Recon_-_Shadow_Wars_cover_art.jpg

ghostrecon3ds02.jpg

I believe this thread is what you might be looking for. Although, if there is a newer thread someone please correct me. Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D Land, Ocarina of Time 3D, Mario Kart 7, and the upcoming Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Luigi's Mansion, and Animal Crossing: New Leaf are just a few off the top of my head. Lots of great games really :)

Thank you all!

Ice 9

Banned
I bought a cosmo black 3DS for $100 second hand during the drought.

Kinda wish I bought an 3DS XL, superior looking device really.

Ice 9

Banned
That's the magic price I'm waiting for. Did you just get lucky off eBay or Craigslist or something?

Kijiji which is basically a Canadian alternative to Craigslist.

I've seen tons of them being sold for the $100 pricing. People in Toronto don't want their 3DSs apparently. And the Fire Emblem mess here seems to tie in haha.

I wish this was the normal msrp

It will be soon. I can't see them maintaining the current price much longer, clearly there is not a large demand for stock 3DS at the current price.

That said, I still see them continuing to shrink it, redesign it to keep a two model product line.

Now if Nintendo would just sell me a copy of the Minish Cap I'd be thrilled. Hell, make me a $40 remake of it if you have to!

DasMarcos

Banned
Image quality is shit on both systems because of the crap res/screen. Increased comfort is the main reason to get an XL, as the original model is made for a child's hands.

Agreed. I ordered myself an XL but for my wife (who is 5'2 and tiny) the regular 3DS will be great.

Rocky

Banned
A second stick would split the user base. We went over this every six months for six years with the PSP. It is simply not going to happen.

No it wouldn't. Unlike the PSP, the 3DS has an accessory for it called the Circle Pad Pro. All Nintendo would have to do is start selling at all stores rather than just Gamestop. Or even bundling with games that require the stick, like they did with the Wii Motion + add-on.

No it wouldn't. Unlike the PSP, the 3DS has an accessory for it called the Circle Pad Pro. All Nintendo would have to do is start selling at all stores rather than just Gamestop. Or even bundling with games that require the stick, like they did with the Wii Motion + add-on.

It's used for about six games, all of which play fine without it. Not needed like the Motion+. It isnt happening.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So for people who are on board right now, you reckon the XL design is the definitive?

Tempted to jump on this but want to hear feedback.

Top Bottom