• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Release date and new screenshots for Ubisoft’s Immortals: Fenyx Rising (formerly Gods & Monsters) leaked by Microsoft Store

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
blob_b6t1.h960.jpg

It appears Ubisoft cannot catch a break these days. After the Prince of Persia Remake leak, here comes another one. Microsoft Store has leaked the release date and new screenshots for Gods & Monsters, which is now called Immortals: Fenyx Rising.
According to the store, Immortals: Fenyx Rising will release on December 3rd (could be a placeholder).

Lastly, you can find below the key features for Immortals: Fenyx Rising.

• Wield the powers of the gods like Achilles’ sword and Daidalos’ wings to battle powerful enemies and solve ancient puzzles.
  • Fight iconic mythological beasts like Cyclops and Medusa in dynamic combat in the air and on the ground.
  • Use your skills and diverse weapons, including self-guided arrows, telekinesis, and more, for devastating damage.
  • Discover a stylized open world across seven unique regions, each inspired by the gods.

Immortals-Fenyx-Rising-screenshots-1.jpg
Immortals-Fenyx-Rising-screenshots-2.jpg
Immortals-Fenyx-Rising-screenshots-4.jpg
Immortals-Fenyx-Rising-screenshots-3.jpg

Last edited:

Esca

Horrible name, liked the old one a lot. The screen shots look nice with all the color. Biggest thing turning me off is its an open world from ubisoft

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
Immortals: Fenix Rising

I thought we were finally getting that Gears of War & God of War crossover the internet has been relentlessly clamoring for.

CamHostage

Holy shit that name is awful.

Oh, actually, I believe the OP quoted a headline that got it wrong. The leak says that the full name is actually "Immortals Fenyx Rising". Not "Immortals: Fenyx Rising". No colon, just "Immortals Fenyx Rising".

...So, holy shit that name is awfuller.

That said, I actually like the fun look of it even if it is super simple graphically, and I really hope this game is better than its name...

Last edited:

Compsiox

Banned
Extremely curious about the release date for Rainbow Six Quarantine which also got delayed. We know its probably getting close since they did some testing recently but how close?

Kagey K

Banned
Extremely curious about the release date for Rainbow Six Quarantine which also got delayed. We know its probably getting close since they did some testing recently but how close?
Next gen launch date close I’d imagine.

They will want to release it day one (or as close to as possible) and polish it up all next gen.

I imagine we are going to see a bunch of these all gen games coming soon.

Release 1 game and then keep updating for 7 years, we started to see it this gen, but everyone is going to want to get in on the ground floor to try to hook you for the next 7.

Kataploom

Gold Member
So this is like the kid icarus nintendo don't want to make but ugly?

Well not "ugly" but the woman face is... why? Why can't AAA western developers cannot just forget about realistic proportions for once? A more cartoon design would look much better.

Kagey K

Banned
It seemed to have a simpler look in the character design which I preferred and the enemies had a bit more of an imposing presence. The weapon design in the pictures looks jank as well

The character design also seems to be this chick now:

iUeR00V.jpg

I think we need to wait and see the new trailer as opposed to screenshots, but I can see where you are coming from.

Maybe they felt they had to amp it up a bit after the Craig backlash.

I just want it to be a Saturday morning cartoon romp through Greek Mythology.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Why is that female character wearing manboobplate lol?
My guess is that they, once again, want to appeal more to feminism and woke audiences.
And historically there never was such a thing as female-boob plates anyway. (Except maybe the Amazon’s leather harnesses.)

Kimahri

Banned
My guess is that they, once again, want to appeal more to feminism and woke audiences.
And historically there never was such a thing as female-boob plates anyway. (Except maybe the Amazon’s leather harnesses.)

Have you read the Illiad? The focus on how lovely and beautiful the warriors were is downright fascinating. So having a main character that looks like this, although I don't think it's great design, isn't really out of place considering the context.

CamHostage

Gods and Monsters was a better name I agree.

Except that, being an old horror movie fan, I was always bugged by the title "Gods and Monsters" because to me it's a phrase that so belongs to the Universal Monsters canon (unless there's some previous allusion that this was based on?) ... but they sure didn't come up with a better solution, that's for sure.

Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned
Female boob plate armor makes no sense from practical point of view. You want something that will deflect hits away from you, not concentrate them in middle of your body mass.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Ubisoft is shit now (again?) aren't they? This looks awful and sounds like it's going through development hell. Valhalla looks like crap along with WD3. BG&E is vaporware and they have run GR into the ground. What the hell is going on over there?

Last edited:

Vaelka

It's funny tho because those breastplates were made for the same reason that statues of naked men were made, because the male body was seen as the peak of beauty and it was a celebration of masculinity.
It actually makes a ton of sense that women would have breastplates shaped after their anatomy if they were soldiers.
Instead she wears a breastplate that is quite literally designed in a not so subtle way for a man.

Female boob plate armor makes no sense from practical point of view. You want something that will deflect hits away from you, not concentrate them in middle of your body mass.

It depends on how extreme it is, and are you really going to talk about '' making sense '' in a video game?
Even in games that claim to be realistic there's full of impractical armor and there was in real life too, plate was extremely durable and you wore padding underneath, our ancestors took a lot of liberties in making their armor look appealing while sacrificing '' 100% practicality ''.
It's also an extremely tiny point even in extreme '' boobplate '' we're talking about here and saying that you want hits to deflect away from you is a pretty huge oversimplification and is contextual.
Not to mention that there where breastplates historically that were shaped like corsets where weapons would be caught on the sides and those were worn historically and were far more extreme, and with shields you actually often wanted weapons to be caught on them precisely because it disables your opponent, if your opponents weapon is caught on you then they can't use them and you have more leverage with your shield or your body.

Shadiversity did a less '' 2020 '' video on this .

Not to mention that the armor in question here has a ton of gaps in it where very thin and pointy weapons could be caught in the gaps too, in fact a lot of armor did.
Not all armor was a big piece of plate, they were essentially stitched together pieces of plates too where weapons could easily catch and get stuck.
The whole '' boobplate is dangerous/ impractical '' is an extreme oversimplification and also ignore even more extreme cases that were worn in battle historically.
I mean I've heard arguments too that if a woman wore it and tripped her chest would be caved in LOL... It's like they've never seen historical helmets before, many helmets have more outrageous and impractical designs than '' boobplate ''.
Not even talking about extreme examples of tournament helmets ( tournaments were still dangerous tho ) but standard helmets during certain time periods.

Edit: Look at the shoulderpads or other pieces of armor in those pictures from the game too.
There's plenty of points where weapons would easily catch in a far more extreme way than on '' boobplate '''.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Basically AC Odyssey in the world of BOTW. Awesome. I'm in. Stupid fucking name though. They should have kept it Gods & Monsters.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Far Cry 6 and Prince of Persia Remake in the first six months of next gen launch? Hell yeah!!! So hyped!!

Fbh

It does at least looks a bit different from the usual Ubisoft game.
If it actually manages to deviate from the generic Ubisoft Open World formula it could be fun. Every now and then there's a game like Mario Rabbids to remind us that there's still talented people at Ubisoft that can make good stuff when they are given more freedom or at least allowed to work on more unique stuff.

Not a fan of the main character design though.

Astral Dog

Turns out I was going by the images in the OP, which are lower res than those seen in the article.
Looking good for open world Switch too, if the gameplay isn't boring as hell Ubisoft might have something special here, focus on puzzle and action elements, less Asscreed design

Fuz

Banned
And this is why I hate those designs in realistic games.

Top Bottom